• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Then I missunderstood a bit the Mewtwo arc of the movie.

I remember it being about Mewtwo realizing that there were good humans on the planet and thus saving the life of the main character’s father by taking his soul inside the Pikachu.
Mewtwo's realization that "humanity is evil, but not all humans are bad" isn't a driving factor of the plot and it's seemingly implied that this is the same Mewtwo as the one from the First Movie. The scientists in this movie didn't create him, just captured him. So he's been out in the wild already for years without any attempt to destroy humanity.

Mewtwo was already trying to save Tim's dad before he saved literally everyone else.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay, for the first time I'm kinda mad at a decision made for Three Houses, namely the localized version.

God dammit, Treehouse, there were a million ways to translate that name and you chose the ONE WAY that it would double up.

Fire Emblem now has two characters named Lorenz, joining the ranks of other needless double-ups, Cain, Selena, and Arthur.
Tbf Japan did it as they have 2 characters called Kamui
View attachment 219569
So I just realized that I have easy access to thousands of reaction images via in-game Fire Emblem rips.

View attachment 219571
You're all in for it now.
*using Trasha*
FROM THE PITS OF HELL
I HAVE RISEN ONCE MORE
TO SLAY THE SOULS OF THE DEGENERATES
FzhhTY.gif

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tbf Japan did it as they have 2 characters called Kamui

*using Trasha*
FROM THE PITS OF HELL
I HAVE RISEN ONCE MORE
TO SLAY THE SOULS OF THE DEGENERATES
View attachment 219580
And separating the two Kamuis was a great decision on the localization team's part.

It's just like...for a name as uncommon as Lorenz, did they REALLY need to go out of their way to double up on it?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
DAE think Sakurai hates *insert franchise here*? I mean, look how much love he gives to FE compared to *Insert Franchise Here*, it's so obvious that he has a FE bias because he loves FE. It's clear that Sakurai NEVER played *Instert Franchise Here* and that's why he hates it, that's it I'm done, Sakurai needs to get his crap together. I hope he retires so we can get a new director who can give the fans what they REALLY want.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
DAE think Sakurai hates *insert franchise here*? I mean, look how much love he gives to FE compared to *Insert Franchise Here*, it's so obvious that he has a FE bias because he loves FE. It's clear that Sakurai NEVER played *Instert Franchise Here* and that's why he hates it, that's it I'm done, Sakurai needs to get his crap together. I hope he retires so we can get a new director who can give the fans what they REALLY want.
Umm... what?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
dae think sakurai likes persona

D

Deleted member

I just fought someone named “The Three Amigos,” and their pfp were the legendary birds.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
He's just mocking a common and bad argument made by people who don't like Fire Emblem.
Oh... OH, OH, I see now. Well that makes sense actually, considering how much FE characters are in the game. I don't mind how much characters, but I'm also not surprised that some peoples of course wouldn't like FE due to there being too many FE characters in Smash.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh... OH, OH, I see now. Well that makes sense actually, considering how much FE characters are in the game. I don't mind how much characters, but I'm also not surprised that some peoples of course wouldn't like FE due to there being too many FE characters in Smash.
I complained about there being a seventh FE character.

Now he's one of my mains, and I completely understand that no one else would've been in his place since he reuses the model from Robin's FS.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah. I mean, some feeling they could have a bit less FE is fair. The issue is a lot of the arguments aren't trying to be reasonable about it either. The vitriol doesn't help either. I honestly would've rather had another franchise character than two FE DLC in 4. Even then, I still loved playing as Roy and Corrin, despite being a Wolf main who was disappointed he didn't come back.

What never made much sense to me is trying to cut most of the the FE cast in general, even the unique ones. Now, I can get the logic behind what might be done(instead of what you'd do). Having just the 4 unique ones is quite understandable for a reboot, even. Though Roy is far more unique than he used to be. That said, I don't think being a more unique character would really help someone during a reboot either. As there's more to it than that alone. Echoes and clones also have the advantage of being far easier to add last minute. A hard reboot won't work easily with a very small cast unless they enforce a rule of no last-minute clones/additions.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
On GameFAQs this would be subject to Poe's Law.

In this thread it's just giving me a flood of moderately annoying flashbacks.

D

Deleted member

Okay, for the first time I'm kinda mad at a decision made for Three Houses, namely the localized version.

God dammit, Treehouse, there were a million ways to translate that name and you chose the ONE WAY that it would double up.

Fire Emblem now has two characters named Lorenz, joining the ranks of other needless double-ups, Cain, Selena, and Arthur.
Hey, there's one Arthur and one Artur. Give them some credit.
Mewtwo's realization that "humanity is evil, but not all humans are bad" isn't a driving factor of the plot and it's seemingly implied that this is the same Mewtwo as the one from the First Movie. The scientists in this movie didn't create him, just captured him. So he's been out in the wild already for years without any attempt to destroy humanity.

Mewtwo was already trying to save Tim's dad before he saved literally everyone else.
It's more the fact no one would have thought a plot point from the first movie is a DP spoiler and bringing that up(when I was talking about the first movie) in an untagged spoiler is just a bigger risk to spoiler people on it.

D

Deleted member

Hey, there's one Arthur and one Artur. Give them some credit.

It's more the fact no one would have thought a plot point from the first movie is a DP spoiler and bringing that up(when I was talking about the first movie) in an untagged spoiler is just a bigger risk to spoiler people on it.
Yeah, I did wrong with that.

I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom