• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ok screw FP speculation for a second

Which characters do you think could be Individual DLC a la Piranha Plant if they decide to make more individual DLC? Assume they don’t come with a stage or music.
Anyone, really. This leaves open the door to a lot of first party characters--Bandana Dee and Isaac--or characters who aren't as big as franchises like Halo or Dragon Quest but still kind of cool--like Geno.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What game are you talking about?
Someone else asked too:

Dragon Age II.

It's my favorite RPG. I love its smaller scope and its intimate character relationships and its simple combat and its setting and its music and its uniqueness in the Western fantasy RPG market and everything. Its two DLC adventures were even better and I was so excited for the Exalted March expansion that was coming to finish Hawke's 10 year story and give closure to the events that ended the main game.

Except the game undersold, EA wanted to switch to Frostbite and they cancelled Exalted March to move the entire team to the next Dragon Age early. Then Inquisition came out, and it's like it was made from the ground up to be an anti-DAII. Everything about it screamed "We're being as opposite from DAII as we can please love us!" And you know what? It got game of the year. Hawke made an appearance to close out her storyline in a very, very underwhelming way and now it's confirmed that I'll never be able to finish her story as Dragon Age II had intended. All of the major creators from DAII have left Bioware/EA to go do other projects. I'll never, ever get that finale.

But life goes on. You win some, you lose some. It's just good to keep perspective.

I'm an odd duck.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Are we in a new drought? Or is it the same one as pre-joker. I don’t feel like that one ever ended, personally.
more that we treat every new character like it's gonna be the big new thing that revitalises the game when actually it just leads to everyone playing nonstop the first day then spending the second day speculating over the next character

rinse and repeat

D

Deleted member

Are we in a new drought? Or is it the same one as pre-joker. I don’t feel like that one ever ended, personally.
The biggest issue with pre-Joker was that we never knew when we'd get news of fighters and it was a four month wait ultimately to get Joker. A lot of questions we had were unanswered, like moveset, stage, amount of music, whether spirits and mii costumes were going to be added, etc. Joker answered a lot of the mystery that was built up and it's nice to have a bit of closure over him.

With E3 undoubtedly having a newcomer, I think we're in a phase where we can expect Fighters 2 and 3 to be revealed this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
WhyThirdPartiesShouldntBeInSmash.png
That thread is gonna become a meme, isn't it

How would you all feel about this fighter pass?
Joker
Steve
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Doomslayer
Steve: I've already made it clear that I don't think a Minecraft character would work
Dante: On my most wanted list
Phoenix: 2 Capcom characters in 1 fighter's pass might be pushing it
Doomslayer: Interesting

Y'alls thoughts on this fighter pass?

• Joker
  • Steve
  • Byleth
  • Scorpion
  • Geno
I don't think this is what we will get but I wanna see what y'all think nonetheless.
Steve: see above
Byleth: Let's wait until a second Fighter's pass before we start putting in characters from unreleased games
Scorpion: I still think Sub-Zero is a better pick for Mortal Kombat because we don't have a character who primarily uses Ice (and no, a couple B moves don't count as an Ice user, I'm talking about normals and B moves using Ice)
Geno: Neat

Alright, I don't think I've ever done a "rate my personal DLC roster" for 3rd parties only. So...
  • Joker
  • KOS-MOS
  • Bravely Default Rep
  • Granblue Fantasy Rep
  • Banjo
Go nuts.
KOS-MOS: Would be pretty cool
Bravely Default and Granblue Fantasy: No opinion
Banjo: Ambivalent since I didn't grow up in the N64 era

Banjo-Kazooie
Erdrick
Jill Valentine
Joker (Confirmed)
Lloyd Irving
Banjo: see above
Erdrick: Only if Dragon Quest gets a decent amount of content and isn't barebones. the DLC equivalent of a bag of chips and a can of pop is not worth $6, especially when others are bringing a lot of food, drinks, and music
Jill: Would be neat
Lloyd: Would also be neat even though the Lloyd I'm more familiar with is the one from Zero no Kiseki

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The biggest issue with pre-Joker was that we never knew when we'd get news of fighters and it was a four month wait ultimately to get Joker. A lot of questions we had were unanswered, like moveset, stage, amount of music, whether spirits and mii costumes were going to be added, etc.

With E3 undoubtedly having a newcomer, I think we're in a phase where we can expect Fighters 2 and 3 to be revealed this summer.
I still think E3 will have two reveals. One to be released day of, and the other to come in the next few months like :ultpiranha:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I would love that, but after Sonic 06, something tells me a game called “Silver the Hedgehog” would turn lots of people away.
I mean it’s not like people will flock to a new Shadow game considering the last one, I can still dream. It would also depend on how they could initially show off either game, like if the gameplay looks engaging and exciting, it might put some faith into this project.

D

Deleted member

I still think E3 will have two reveals. One to be released day of, and the other to come in the next few months like :ultpiranha:
We know Sakurai is working on both Fighters 2 and 3 simultaneously and they typically reveal multiple newcomers at E3, so it is possible.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The Chad Fighter's Pass

- Andy
- Clone Andy (yes, this is an actual character)
- Andy's long lost brother Randy
- Andy's long lost sister Mandy
- Hetler from Super Famicom Wars (yes, this game had a parody of Hitler in it)

Joker is then removed from the Fighter's Pass and reworked as a Hetler Echo Fighter.

Thank you very much.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hi. How y'all today?

I'm just gonna post this again and hope you can sit through the mid-tier voice acting because

I'm just really fixated on the fact that some madmen took a glorified vendor and did this and since Sakurai is the Greatest Madman I just wonder if he could go even further LOL
While i wouldn't see myself playing dungeon defenders, I really love the idea of terraria's dryad in other things :)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We know Sakurai is working on both Fighters 2 and 3 simultaneously and they typically reveal multiple newcomers at E3, so it is possible.
If we only get one reveal at E3, it will have to be something huge like Cloud.

I still think Erdrick and Banjo being revealed together makes sense. One for Japan, one for America, equal hype across the board.

D

Deleted member

How would you all feel about this fighter pass?
Joker
Steve
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Doomslayer
Steve: Would prefer Banjo but he has potential
Dante: Would be cool. He would add a ton of style to Smash Bros, and I have knowledge of him thanks to UMvC3
Wright: Also would be cool.
Doomslayer: If he keeps the brutality like in DOOM 2016, I would be down for him.

Not a bad fighters pass but nothing would make me flail my arms.

Y'alls thoughts on this fighter pass?

• Joker
  • Steve
  • Byleth
  • Scorpion
  • Geno
I don't think this is what we will get but I wanna see what y'all think nonetheless.
Byleth: No. I don't know anything about him personally.
Scorpion: Representing Mortal Kombat? I like that. It's a revolutionary series, despite it being banned in Japan.
Geno: I'd rather have Erdrick, but damn would Geno be cool.

Not bad honestly. I do kind of want Geno.

Alright, I don't think I've ever done a "rate my personal DLC roster" for 3rd parties only. So...
  • Joker
  • KOS-MOS
  • Bravely Default Rep
  • Granblue Fantasy Rep
  • Banjo
Go nuts.
KOS-MOS: It's probably more likely they'd include Rex since he's the newest addition.
Bravely: Honestly kind of deflating because Bravely Default never stuck out to me beyond soundtrack.
Granblue: Indifference.
Banjo: **** YEAH!

The other three kind of make me question why they're in, but Banjo nullifies any questions I have.

Banjo-Kazooie
Erdrick
Jill Valentine
Joker (Confirmed)
Lloyd Irving
Erdrick: Yes.
Jill: I don't care about Resident Evil but I acknowledge it's iconic and would add an interesting tone to Smash Bros.
Lloyd: Tales is pretty cool, but I never played a game before putting it down. We'll say, "Alright. Cool."

Good pass overall. Banjo and Erdrick would make me not ask for a newcomer for the rest of Ultimate's cycle.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
If we only get one reveal at E3, it will have to be something huge like Cloud.

I still think Erdrick and Banjo being revealed together makes sense. One for Japan, one for America, equal hype across the board.
All I know is that if Erdrick does get revealed, Square Enix is gonna get raked over the coals if the DQ content is as barebones as Final Fantasy content

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Being naughty is so fun. I much prefer living in a world of sensuality and sin. It feels soooooooo good.
Uh.

[HorribleSubs] One-Punch Man - 01 [1080p].mkv_001322743.jpg

Wow I never thought I'd ever consider becoming a nun seriously and yet here we are.

When your posting something and you’re forced to leave your browser app, so it posts your message but doesn’t clear the text box and it looks like the post didn’t go through. Most of my double posts happen like that
Not sure if I've experienced that one or not.

Until it's sorted though, would recommend grabbing the full text box with Select All > Cut/Copy and refreshing the page whenever you see that as a workaround.

D

Deleted member

When your posting something and you’re forced to leave your browser app, so it posts your message but doesn’t clear the text box and it looks like the post didn’t go through. Most of my double posts happen like that
I think that's mostly caused by bad connections(I know it happens often to me) but if it's not that, better ask admins on forum support.

Though speaking of glitches sometimes the page just crashes for me when I click View New Messages or post a reply

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anywho, I had put my Fire Emblem character discussion series on hold for a bit since the mood of the thread had been pretty dour. However, since it's improved now, I'll be posting the second one soon.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Anywho, I had put my Fire Emblem character discussion series on hold for a bit since the mood of the thread had been pretty dour. However, since it's improved now, I'll be posting the second one soon.
I look forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom