• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I feel like that could be applied to a lot of things people complain about but I digress.

There’s no way to measure actual belief in either.
And besides- we wouldn’t wanna be piloting our boats into the walls surrounding Antarctica would we
Never underestimate the beliefs of people. There are way more people that actually believe that stuff than you think.

Obviously I can't put a number to exactly how many. But it's still something to keep in mind.
I understand what you're both saying and don't disagree. But here's my point:

How many people actually in charge of things relating to the earth's curvature-- NASA, pilots, air traffic controllers, ship navigators, etc.-- believe in flat earth in any way whatsoever that could cause our technology and achievements to digress?

Now, how many parents with full control of their child's vaccination practices-- and thus other children's potential exposure to long-dead diseases-- believe in anti-vaccination rhetoric?

I don't like lumping the two conspiracy theories together because I consider anti-vaccination a very real threat to people. Equating them to flat-earthers, IMO, belittles the very real damage they're doing because we can dismiss both collectively as "oh they're just crazy". But that's just my take on it.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Ok screw FP speculation for a second

Which characters do you think could be Individual DLC a la Piranha Plant if they decide to make more individual DLC? Assume they don’t come with a stage or music.
I think Rex for being such a popular pick for the base game and his game still being able to be promoted because it’s relatively new, though I do want more Xenoblade music and a competitive Xenoblade stage.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Which characters do you think could be Individual DLC a la Piranha Plant if they decide to make more individual DLC? Assume they don’t come with a stage or music.
hello.PNG

other than her, not sure

probably just echoes like octoling to add music/representation from new games in existing franchises that just missed the smash boat

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I understand what you're both saying and don't disagree. But here's my point:

How many people actually in charge of things relating to the earth's curvature-- NASA, pilots, air traffic controllers, ship navigators, etc.-- believe in flat earth in any way whatsoever that could cause our technology and achievements to digress?

Now, how many parents with full control of their child's vaccination practices-- and thus other children's potential exposure to long-dead diseases-- believe in anti-vaccination rhetoric?

I don't like lumping the two conspiracy theories together because I consider anti-vaccination a very real threat to people. Equating them to flat-earthers, IMO, belittles the very real damage they're doing because we can dismiss both collectively as "oh they're just crazy". But that's just my take on it.
I understood your point to begin with but I believe my first statement was “not completely harmless” and not “it’s nearly as harmful as antivaxxers”

osby

Smash Obsessed
Again with Sakurai putting his own Smash characters over the others, smh.

Anti-vaxxers and flatearthers suck, but climate change deniers are the worst mix of stupid and dangerous.
Agreed.

I had to deal with evolution deniers for like three years straight, so I'm particularly salty about them, but at least they don't affect anything.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think Rex for being such a popular pick for the base game and his game still being able to be promoted because it’s relatively new, though I do want more Xenoblade music and a competitive Xenoblade stage.
It’s for this reason I think (and hope) Elma’s in the Fighter Pass cause then we COULD get a new Xenoblade stage (something from X) and music from X too (Hiroyuki Sawano allowed Uncontrollable to be used in 2 after all)

View attachment 219512

other than her, not sure

probably just echoes like octoling to add music/representation from new games in existing franchises that just missed the smash boat
It would make sense with Echoes not being part of the Fighters Pass. They didn’t say Echoes wouldn’t be DLC altogether.

Spirit/FS cameo/non boss stage cameo promotion is also possible if they were individual and had no other new content to bring along, like with Fiora, Bandana Dee, Black Shadow, Viridi, Medusa...

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Pretty much characters from series already represented. While Bandana Dee fans want Smash to acknowledge post-Sakurai Kirby more and ******* fans think he should come with his pinball table as a stage, they lose nothing from having Green Greens and Mario Circuit be their home stages.

Likewise, if Corrin-induced paranoia turns out to be useful, keep in mind Corrin didn't come with a stage.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Pretty much characters from series already represented. While Bandana Dee fans want Smash to acknowledge post-Sakurai Kirby more and ******* fans think he should come with his pinball table as a stage, they lose nothing from having Green Greens and Mario Circuit be their home stages.

Likewise, if Corrin-induced paranoia turns out to be useful, keep in mind Corrin didn't come with a stage.
Whoa, they censor Purple Green Mario now?!

True about the Corrin bit tho, but I’m still hoping Elma gets a stage and music if she’s in

D

Deleted member

Could see a new first party ip getting in. Not part of the pass but still serves as a way to promote a new series.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
OK let's try something a little different, a little familiar, a little strange

• Joker
  • Erdrick
  • The Dryad
  • Laharl
  • Dovahkiin
Every name after Erdrick sounds made up. I know who the Dovahkiin is, and he still sounds made up.

oh by the way i'm here, still hella ****ed up emotionally, but i decided shutting myself off would probably just make me feel worse

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Whoa, they censor Purple Green Mario now?!
Wait, huh?!

Waluigi , Waluigi, Waluigi

. . .On second thought that might have been a bad idea in a room with mirrors for closet doors.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

A Sword and Sheild mon, a three houses rep, Sylux, Geno, Elma. Basically anyone who’s from a franchise that’s already in Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait, huh?!

Waluigi , Waluigi, Waluigi

. . .On second thought that might have been a bad idea in a room with mirrors for closet doors.
I was gonna say, if they censored Waluigi of all things before the r slur, I'd probably lose all faith in the staff lol.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
didn't notice until now that they'd touched up the original P5 portraits ever so slightly in royal

Royal
1557774183522.png

Original

it's a simple change but quite unbreakable

osby

Smash Obsessed

Rex, to be honest. They already know there's a big demand for him and we already have a respectable amount of XC2 content in the game.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

honestly imo it would be neat if we got more echoes in this style, maybe like 3 in a pack or something.
or maybe it's just me clinging on to idea of the obvious echoes getting in, like Digby as Isabelle's echo, Octoling for Inkling, and Hilda (from ALBW) as Zelda's echo

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Does anyone have one video game character who would make the Fighter's Pass completely worth it for them, regardless of who else was added?

For me, that would be Banjo and Kazooie. Banjo-Kazooie was one of the first games that I got for the Nintendo 64, along with Ocarina of Time. (my brother and I played it more than OoT, which is saying something) Ever since the Microsoft buy-out, I figured it was a pipe dream at best, but between Microsoft porting their console exclusives like Cuphead to the Switch and various other signs of them becoming buddy-buddy with Nintendo, I'm starting to get hope.

There aren't many character choices I can think of that I dislike, but even if the rest of the Fighter's Pass consisted of Erdrick (I wouldn't mind him, but despite my best efforts, Dragon Quest has never really hooked me), a character from Fire Emblem: Three Houses (could be interesting, but I feel like adding even more FE characters is excessive), and three Goombas stacked on top of each other, I'd be completely satisfied if we got the bear and bird in Smash.
SHANOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
So... not serious at all?
Let's be real, if Shadow the Hedgehog acknowledged it was bat **** crazy we'd be a lot more lenient on it, especially with lines like "This is like taking candy from a baby, which is fine by me"

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hey. Everyone has something wherein one is the minority opinion. My favorite game ever basically had its ending taken away before I could play it, its main character shoved to the side and the sequel handwave basically everything that happened. I will never, ever see a true ending to that game because "no one liked it". But I liked it.

There are gonna be so many times in your life when things don't go your way, or multimedia doesn't cater to your exact tastes. Don't let all those times make you bitter. Just enjoy what you enjoy and ignore what you don't. And if you ever find yourself in a position to make your own, make what you want and share it with the world. The other people who share your tastes will flock to your work.

Just be positive.
What game are you talking about?
Edit: Was a page behind and it was answered whoops

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Every name after Erdrick sounds made up. I know who the Dovahkiin is, and he still sounds made up.

oh by the way i'm here, still hella ****ed up emotionally, but i decided shutting myself off would probably just make me feel worse
I don't know who the **** The Dryad is because that's a ****ing race of fantasy creatures.

Laharl is a demon prince from a tactical RPG series called Disgaea. I don't have a lot of memories with the games because it was my brother's shtick, but it has a hella soundtrack.

D

Deleted member

We're getting Detective Pikachu as a Pikachu echo and the only differences are his model and the fact all voice clips from Pikachu are replaced with new ones voiced by Ryan Reynolds himself.
Grabbing someone: "Aha, got you, *****!"
Getting hit: "Aww **** ****itty ****"
Being KOed: "Ouch, right in the ****!"

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hey. Everyone has something wherein one is the minority opinion. My favorite game ever basically had its ending taken away before I could play it, its main character shoved to the side and the sequel handwave basically everything that happened. I will never, ever see a true ending to that game because "no one liked it". But I liked it.

There are gonna be so many times in your life when things don't go your way, or multimedia doesn't cater to your exact tastes. Don't let all those times make you bitter. Just enjoy what you enjoy and ignore what you don't. And if you ever find yourself in a position to make your own, make what you want and share it with the world. The other people who share your tastes will flock to your work.

Just be positive.
Take it from someone who likes Amiibo Festival. Its better you dont give a **** about how people feel about a game you like

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was gonna say, if they censored Waluigi of all things before the r slur, I'd probably lose all faith in the staff lol.
I thought it was censored though, is it not?
Let's test it out: (trust me it works)
EDIT: yup, there it is(I feel kinda bad for having this here still so I'll edit it out in 5 minutes)
EDIT 2: not gonna be gratuitous with it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom