• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That’s not what it feels like.
Well I'm sorry that it feels that way.

Just keep in mind when sharing your opinion that your opinion doesn't have to "win". Everyone's opinions have merit.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
well she's more likely than Zoe
and in some respects she's actually more likely than Geno at this point
OK. No.

As much as I don't believe in Geno's chances, at least he's a video game character.

You can want Retsuko all you want, but when you actually start comparing her, a non-video game character, to someone who does originate from a video game, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

This applies to all non-video game characters.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Y'alls thoughts on this fighter pass?

• Joker
  • Steve
  • Byleth
  • Scorpion
  • Geno
I don't think this is what we will get but I wanna see what y'all think nonetheless.

D

Deleted member

well she's more likely than Zoe
and in some respects she's actually more likely than Geno at this point
Can uh, Can someone tell 'em? I don't want to do it.

*sigh* Geno is a Video Game Character at the very least Retsuko is made by 1) An American based company, 2) Isn't a Video Game Character and 3) Doesn't even have a single video game like other Anime Characters like Goku, Luffy, Naruto, JoJo, Etc. Chill i'm not here to **** on your dreams you want what you want.

But you can't say that. It's not true, At all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why should we get Retsuko when we already have Letsago? :ultmario:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Does anyone have one video game character who would make the Fighter's Pass completely worth it for them, regardless of who else was added?

For me, that would be Banjo and Kazooie. Banjo-Kazooie was one of the first games that I got for the Nintendo 64, along with Ocarina of Time. (my brother and I played it more than OoT, which is saying something) Ever since the Microsoft buy-out, I figured it was a pipe dream at best, but between Microsoft porting their console exclusives like Cuphead to the Switch and various other signs of them becoming buddy-buddy with Nintendo, I'm starting to get hope.

There aren't many character choices I can think of that I dislike, but even if the rest of the Fighter's Pass consisted of Erdrick (I wouldn't mind him, but despite my best efforts, Dragon Quest has never really hooked me), a character from Fire Emblem: Three Houses (could be interesting, but I feel like adding even more FE characters is excessive), and three Goombas stacked on top of each other, I'd be completely satisfied if we got the bear and bird in Smash.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Does anyone have one video game character who would make the Fighter's Pass completely worth it for them, regardless of who else was added?

For me, that would be Banjo and Kazooie. Banjo-Kazooie was one of the first games that I got for the Nintendo 64, along with Ocarina of Time. (my brother and I played it more than OoT, which is saying something) Ever since the Microsoft buy-out, I figured it was a pipe dream at best, but between Microsoft porting their console exclusives like Cuphead to the Switch and various other signs of them becoming buddy-buddy with Nintendo, I'm starting to get hope.

There aren't many character choices I can think of that I dislike, but even if the rest of the Fighter's Pass consisted of Erdrick (I wouldn't mind him, but despite my best efforts, Dragon Quest has never really hooked me), a character from Fire Emblem: Three Houses (could be interesting, but I feel like adding even more FE characters is excessive), and three Goombas stacked on top of each other, I'd be completely satisfied if we got the bear and bird in Smash.
Banjo just like you.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well I'm sorry that it feels that way.

Just keep in mind when sharing your opinion that your opinion doesn't have to "win". Everyone's opinions have merit.
It just sucks when your opinions are different from everyone elses. Because you’re never going to get what you want from entertainment products because the makers will only listen to the majority.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Can uh, Can someone tell 'em? I don't want to do it.

*sigh* Geno is a Video Game Character at the very least Retsuko is made by 1) An American based company, 2) Isn't a Video Game Character and 3) Doesn't even have a single video game like other Anime Characters like Goku, Luffy, Naruto, JoJo, Etc. Chill i'm not here to **** on your dreams you want what you want.

But you can't say that. It's not true, At all.
Retsukos made by a Japanese company, Sanrio. Same people who made Hello Kitty

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Anyone but flat-eathers and anti-vacciners, that is.
Y'know, I'm gonna disagree on flat-earthers. What they're proposing is completely harmless. Yeah, it's stupid, but when nobody's getting hurt, let 'em be stupid. Whatever.

The anti-vaccine thing drives me up a wall though.

D

Deleted member

Okay thought on this pass?
Joker
Fighter's Pass character No. 2
Fighter's Pass character No. 3
Fighter's Pass character No. 4
Fighter's Pass character No. 5

D

Deleted member

Y'alls thoughts on this fighter pass?

• Joker
  • Steve
  • Byleth
  • Scorpion
  • Geno
I don't think this is what we will get but I wanna see what y'all think nonetheless.
You lost me at Steve then you won be back with Geno. I'll buy it for me and all my friends just to show support for my blue doll boy.

Geno, No questions asked as long as Geno is in I don't care who else is added be it even Minecraft Steve who is my least wanted Character. My Most wanted character for my least wanted Character? Deal. Goomba Stack? Deal. A Koopa? Deal. Fortnite? Deal.

Even if it's a Non-Video Game character like Goku, JoJo, Luffy, Naruto, Etc. I don't care as long as I get my boy it's all that matters.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Honestly... no.

As much as I'd like Bandana Waddle Dee, Elma or KOS-MOS, none of them by themselves would make the pass worthwhile for me.

As long as I'm at least neutral towards the majority of the FP, then it's worth it.

And considering the 2 top speculated characters are Erdrick and Steve, they would take up the 2 "I don't care"/"I don't want" slots.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

"A Persona character". If you want to go an extra mile, make it Aegis or Persona 3 Hero.

Y'know, I'm gonna disagree on flat-earthers. What they're proposing is completely harmless. Yeah, it's stupid, but when nobody's getting hurt, let 'em be stupid. Whatever.

Just because an idea is harmless, doesn't mean it has any merits.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Joker
Joker = ****ing sick
Fighter's Pass character No. 2 = ****ing sick
Fighter's Pass character No. 3 = ****ing sick
Fighter's Pass character No. 4 = ****ing sick
Fighter's Pass character No. 5 = ****ing sick

D

Deleted member

Joker
I have always wanted Fighter's Pass character No. 2 in my ultimate Smash Bros game, this is amazing!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Joker
Trash. Only five character after saying there'll be only five characters is a business suicide.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Just because an idea is harmless, doesn't mean it has any merits.
Flat-earthers don’t deserve any kind of respect for being willfully ignorant. At least we’re in agreement that anti-vaxxers are the worst kind of people out there.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Trash. Only five character after saying there'll be only five characters is a business suicide.
What's REALLY business suicide is that they made Character 3 instead of Steve.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
When it comes to subjective subjects (ie entertainment), I think that everyone's opinion can be considered valid.
When it comes to important subjects, I feel your opinion is valid as long as you can back it up reasonably.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It just sucks when your opinions are different from everyone elses. Because you’re never going to get what you want from entertainment products because the makers will only listen to the majority.
Hey. Everyone has something wherein one is the minority opinion. My favorite game ever basically had its ending taken away before I could play it, its main character shoved to the side and the sequel handwave basically everything that happened. I will never, ever see a true ending to that game because "no one liked it". But I liked it.

There are gonna be so many times in your life when things don't go your way, or multimedia doesn't cater to your exact tastes. Don't let all those times make you bitter. Just enjoy what you enjoy and ignore what you don't. And if you ever find yourself in a position to make your own, make what you want and share it with the world. The other people who share your tastes will flock to your work.

Just be positive.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Joker
>So cool
>So cool
>So cool
>So cool
>So cool
Sans emote.png

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright, I don't think I've ever done a "rate my personal DLC roster" for 3rd parties only. So...
  • Joker
  • KOS-MOS
  • Bravely Default Rep
  • Granblue Fantasy Rep
  • Banjo
Go nuts.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I wouldn’t say it’s completely harmless... it and the vaccination thing are setting a real dangerous precedent of scientifically receding back to the dark ages.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The “leak” of Artorias, Doomguy, Ryu Hyabusa and Banjo-Kazooie would be cool if it were legit.

I highly doubt it’s legit though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know, I have a question for all of you. Obviously the Google leaks legitimacy is questionable at best, but how would you rate your opinion of each character in the leak if they were chosen for Smash?
Banjo: 7/10
Artorias: 6.5/10 at least Dark Souls would be represented. That’s neat
Ryu Hayabusa: 5/10 don’t really care
Doomguy: 4/10 not a fan of the idea of him being in smash myself

Overall: No Elma/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom