• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hey. Everyone has something wherein one is the minority opinion. My favorite game ever basically had its ending taken away before I could play it, its main character shoved to the side and the sequel handwave basically everything that happened. I will never, ever see a true ending to that game because "no one liked it". But I liked it.

There are gonna be so many times in your life when things don't go your way, or multimedia doesn't cater to your exact tastes. Don't let all those times make you bitter. Just enjoy what you enjoy and ignore what you don't. And if you ever find yourself in a position to make your own, make what you want and share it with the world. The other people who share your tastes will flock to your work.

Just be positive.
Thanks. I’ll try to keep that in mind.

What game are you talking about, may I ask?

D

Deleted member

Does anyone have one video game character who would make the Fighter's Pass completely worth it for them, regardless of who else was added?

For me, that would be Banjo and Kazooie. Banjo-Kazooie was one of the first games that I got for the Nintendo 64, along with Ocarina of Time. (my brother and I played it more than OoT, which is saying something) Ever since the Microsoft buy-out, I figured it was a pipe dream at best, but between Microsoft porting their console exclusives like Cuphead to the Switch and various other signs of them becoming buddy-buddy with Nintendo, I'm starting to get hope.

There aren't many character choices I can think of that I dislike, but even if the rest of the Fighter's Pass consisted of Erdrick (I wouldn't mind him, but despite my best efforts, Dragon Quest has never really hooked me), a character from Fire Emblem: Three Houses (could be interesting, but I feel like adding even more FE characters is excessive), and three Goombas stacked on top of each other, I'd be completely satisfied if we got the bear and bird in Smash.
Hmm, maybe Takamaru. I've given up hope but he's legit probably my most wanted.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I wouldn’t say it’s completely harmless... it and the vaccination thing are setting a real dangerous precedent of scientifically receding back to the dark ages.
Yes but how many people actually believe in flat earth versus how many people actually believe vaccination is beneath them?

You're not wrong. I just think one has more immediate consequences and more otherwise normal, sane people believing in it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Alright, I don't think I've ever done a "rate my personal DLC roster" for 3rd parties only. So...
  • Joker
  • KOS-MOS
  • Bravely Default Rep
  • Granblue Fantasy Rep
  • Banjo
Go nuts.
joker: **** yeah
kos-mos: not super excited but probably has a fun moveset
granblue: controversial, but i'd be interested to see how they pull it off
banjo: would prefer steve, but happy for his fans
bravely: do i even need to ****ing say anything here

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Does anyone have one video game character who would make the Fighter's Pass completely worth it for them, regardless of who else was added?

For me, that would be Banjo and Kazooie. Banjo-Kazooie was one of the first games that I got for the Nintendo 64, along with Ocarina of Time. (my brother and I played it more than OoT, which is saying something) Ever since the Microsoft buy-out, I figured it was a pipe dream at best, but between Microsoft porting their console exclusives like Cuphead to the Switch and various other signs of them becoming buddy-buddy with Nintendo, I'm starting to get hope.

There aren't many character choices I can think of that I dislike, but even if the rest of the Fighter's Pass consisted of Erdrick (I wouldn't mind him, but despite my best efforts, Dragon Quest has never really hooked me), a character from Fire Emblem: Three Houses (could be interesting, but I feel like adding even more FE characters is excessive), and three Goombas stacked on top of each other, I'd be completely satisfied if we got the bear and bird in Smash.
Elma, and (optionally) Neku Sakuraba for me.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn’t say it’s completely harmless... it and the vaccination thing are setting a real dangerous precedent of scientifically receding back to the dark ages.
I highly doubt the overwhelming minority of flat earthers are gonna completely change the course of science. They're a very vocal minority.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yes but how many people actually believe in flat earth versus how many people actually believe vaccination is beneath them?

You're not wrong. I just think one has more immediate consequences and more otherwise normal, sane people believing in it.
I feel like that could be applied to a lot of things people complain about but I digress.

There’s no way to measure actual belief in either.
And besides- we wouldn’t wanna be piloting our boats into the walls surrounding Antarctica would we

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK let's try something a little different, a little familiar, a little strange

• Joker
  • Erdrick
  • The Dryad
  • Laharl
  • Dovahkiin

osby

Smash Obsessed
Alright, I don't think I've ever done a "rate my personal DLC roster" for 3rd parties only. So...
  • Joker
  • KOS-MOS
  • Bravely Default Rep
  • Granblue Fantasy Rep
  • Banjo
Go nuts.
Joker= You know the drill
KOS-MOS= Cool purely by being a robot girl
BD rep= Cool as long as it's Ringabel and comes with his theme song
GBF rep= Depends on the character, really but I wouldn't mind it
Banjo= meh

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Never underestimate the beliefs of people. There are way more people that actually believe that stuff than you think.

Obviously I can't put a number to exactly how many. But it's still something to keep in mind.

D

Deleted member

• Joker
  • KOS-MOS
  • Bravely Default Rep
  • Granblue Fantasy Rep
  • Banjo
Go nuts.
Kos-Mos: Okay I'm not interested in them but they could be fun.
Bravely: No thanks.
Granblue: The game is fun but no thanks.
Banjo: Yes.

6/10.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I highly doubt the overwhelming minority of flat earthers are gonna completely change the course of science. They're a very vocal minority.
That’s not what I said boi
I’m saying they’re related thematically. It’s also a pointed example of something blatantly wrong gaining traction. Vaccinations moreso.

Scientific progress in and of itself is important so regression is stupid even when it’s just a bunch of loud people who found their voice on the internet imo

But that’s just me

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
  • Joker
  • KOS-MOS
  • Bravely Default Rep
  • Granblue Fantasy Rep
  • Banjo
Go nuts.
Joker - I mean we already have him so
KOS-MOS - heck yeah man
Bravely Default - ALL OF THE YES. Especially if Brave was hinting at a Bravely character
Granblue character - meh
Banjo - would be happier for his fans personally

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, Published by an American Company right? I know Retsuko is a Netflix original so it's either Made by or Published by an American Company.
Orginal 100 episode show was directed by a japanese dude, Rarecho by a Japanese studio, Fanworks, on a Japanese channal, TBS Television.
The show show, yeah, is just licensed by Netflix but is still dircated by Rarecho and is still by the same studio

D

Deleted member

That’s not what I said boi
I’m saying they’re related thematically. It’s also a pointed example of something blatantly wrong gaining traction. Vaccinations moreso.

Scientific progress in and of itself is important so regression is stupid even when it’s just a bunch of loud people who found their voice on the internet imo

But that’s just me
I see your fear, but again, anti vaxxers and flat earthers are prominent in voice but still very small. Dum dums have existed forever, and considering the amount of blowback anti vaxxers are getting I wouldn't worry too much.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Thanks. I’ll try to keep that in mind.

What game are you talking about, may I ask?
Dragon Age II.

It's my favorite RPG. I love its smaller scope and its intimate character relationships and its simple combat and its setting and its music and its uniqueness in the Western fantasy RPG market and everything. Its two DLC adventures were even better and I was so excited for the Exalted March expansion that was coming to finish Hawke's 10 year story and give closure to the events that ended the main game.

Except the game undersold, EA wanted to switch to Frostbite and they cancelled Exalted March to move the entire team to the next Dragon Age early. Then Inquisition came out, and it's like it was made from the ground up to be an anti-DAII. Everything about it screamed "We're being as opposite from DAII as we can please love us!" And you know what? It got game of the year. Hawke made an appearance to close out her storyline in a very, very underwhelming way and now it's confirmed that I'll never be able to finish her story as Dragon Age II had intended. All of the major creators from DAII have left Bioware/EA to go do other projects. I'll never, ever get that finale.

But life goes on. You win some, you lose some. It's just good to keep perspective.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Alright here’s my all third party DLC picks, sans Joker as he’s already in:
  • Neku
  • KOS-MOS
  • Either a second DLC Namco rep in the form of a Tales Of character, or a second DLC Square rep in the form of a Bravely character
  • Rayman (Spirit status and Ice theory notwithstanding)

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I see your fear, but again, anti vaxxers and flat earthers are prominent in voice but still very small. Dum dums have existed forever, and considering the amount of blowback anti vaxxers are getting I wouldn't worry too much.
Youre talking to someone who intentionally encourages people to speculate how they want instead of listening to people tell them to temper expectations because that way is more fun and being lectured too by people who pretend to care how other people feel like is irritating

I’m not worrying about anything lol

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Joker: Heck yeah!
Edrick: Not interested.
The Dyrad = Who?
Laharl = Who?
Dovahkiin = Not interested.
>In love with Persona but has no idea what Disgaea is

Geez what kind of weeb ARE you?? :upsidedown:

And like I posted The Dryad just a page or two ago literally no one looked did they

Some tower defense nutters gave a Terraria NPC an actual moveset and I love it

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
  • Joker
  • KOS-MOS
  • Bravely Default Rep
  • Granblue Fantasy Rep
  • Banjo
Go nuts.
Joker: okay cool, great actually
KOS-MOS: I could never refuse a robot
Bravely Default Rep: hell yes
Granblue Fantasy Rep: Meh I guess
Banjo: no

D

Deleted member

Might as well
1. That one Batman dude
2. Banjo
3. Geno
4. Takamaru
5. Doomguy/slayer/marine/bloke/fellow
Any new mega man character, as unlikely as they may be, would make me really happy too.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
>In love with Persona but has no idea what Disgaea is

Geez what kind of weeb ARE you?? :upsidedown:

And like I posted The Dryad just a page or two ago literally no one looked did they

Some tower defense nutters gave a Terraria NPC an actual moveset and I love it
I very rarely watch anime. I wouldn't really describe myself as a weeb.

D

Deleted member

If there is any reason I don't believe this, this has to be one of the most damning reasons.

Honestly the weakest reason of them all.
Mewtwo and Lucas stood out from the rest in Smash 4.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anti-vaxxers and flatearthers suck, but climate change deniers are the worst mix of stupid and dangerous.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok screw FP speculation for a second

Which characters do you think could be Individual DLC a la Piranha Plant if they decide to make more individual DLC? Assume they don’t come with a stage or music.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Who is the Dryad?
I'm just gonna post this again and hope you can sit through the mid-tier voice acting because

I'm just really fixated on the fact that some madmen took a glorified vendor and did this and since Sakurai is the Greatest Madman I just wonder if he could go even further LOL

osby

Smash Obsessed
OK let's try something a little different, a little familiar, a little strange

• Joker
  • Erdrick
  • The Dryad
  • Laharl
  • Dovahkiin
Erdrick: Pretty cool. More interested in franchise he belongs to than the character themselves, though
The Dryad: She looks super interesting
Laharl: Not Adell
Dovahkiin: Need to see how he plays, but I'm intrigued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom