• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again. If you want that, then don’t make a live action movie with real humans. Make a cartoon if you want cartoon designs.
What if you don't want to make an animated movie? For directors and producers not experienced in animated movies, making a live action movie and only adding CGI where it's needed is a lot more practical. Not to mention "animation ghetto" is a thing.

And again, people can have different opinions from you. You keep refusing this and it's honestly tiring for everyone involved.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I’d rather make a world that makes sense rather than bow to whining fanboys who can’t stand anything different. Sure, sometimes pleasing the fans can lead to amazing products. But a lot of the time it just makes things worse.
Well, in that case, if fans don't agree, then I guess they wouldn't want to watch it.

There goes the good $300 million you spent making and marketing the film down the drain

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I’d rather make a world that makes sense rather than bow to whining fanboys who can’t stand anything different. Sure, sometimes pleasing the fans can lead to amazing products. But a lot of the time it just makes things worse.
When you refer to the opposition as whiny fanboys, it makes you sound like you cant handle your opinion being unpopular.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The other interesting thing about Dorothea is that she's a singer and looks up to Manuela because of it. This throws a wrench into my whole "recruit the teachers" theory if Dorothea ends up being the game's (or at least the Black Eagles') singer/dancer.
Well there is proof that Manuela is likely a playable unit as the first trailer from E3 had a clip of her using magic in battle.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And if we want something like what Detective Pikachu did, then what? Enlighten us.
Then set it up like Roger Rabbit. The Pokémon come from another world where everything looks like that, and then the two worlds cross. Not even the way Smurfs did it. Just have the Pokémon regions be their own weird cartoon continent like Toon Town.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Dunno about you but it seems like you’re the only one here, and yet it seems like you’re saying everyone else is in the wrong and you won’t bow to them when it’s entirely subjective

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Woah, easy there, Snake! Not everything needs to be your way to be good.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Then set it up like Roger Rabbit. The Pokémon come from another world where everything looks like that, and then the two worlds cross. Not even the way Smurfs did it. Just have the Pokémon regions be their own weird cartoon continent like Toon Town.
That's not what I want though. Read my question again. I want what Detective Pikachu did. So tell me, if that's what I want, then what?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why should a movie about magical creatures you catch with balls should make sense? Not every story has to work with real life logic.

But then you couldn't get Pokemon's trademark world building elements like Pokeballs etc.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
osby osby :mybodyisreggie:
What say you the conversation gets shut down NOW before it devolves into 3 more pages of dogpiling on Snake and her just insulting everyone’s intelligence further?

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
This is reminding me of those realistic Pokemon designs where they tried way too hard to make them align to real-life animals: like making Gengar into a bat

The point is that there's a load of Pokemon that don't really have a real-world animal equivalent, and that's fine

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, in that case, if fans don't agree, then I guess they wouldn't want to watch it.

There goes the good $300 million you spent making and marketing the film down the drain
So you want to hold the film industry hostage and force it to only do exactly what you want or people can’t feed their families.
When you refer to the opposition as whiny fanboys, it makes you sound like you cant handle your opinion being unpopular.
Okay. Fair.
Dunno about you but it seems like you’re the only one here, and yet it seems like you’re saying everyone else is in the wrong and you won’t bow to them when it’s entirely subjective
Lots of my fellow film students also hold this opinion. They just aren’t here.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, this is getting all out of hand now, isn’t it. Just accept that others have different preferences, SnakeFighter.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
While I like the character set in the Google leak, as someone who was on team real just for the sake of memes, I really can’t get behind team real on this one because i’d personally say it’s even more absurd than most 4chan leaks
Yeah, if I know anything about Smash speculation and leak related stuff, it's that it's just as likely for something to be an elaborate hoax has it is to be a massive **** up

The google leak is real because it's funny. That's all I need.
That and it's pretty much been the only interesting thing to read about in a slow news month waiting for E3

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's not what I want though. Read my question again. I want what Detective Pikachu did. So tell me, if that's what I want, then what?
Well. I tried. I guess you just want a weird looking movie with a world that doesn’t make sense.
Why should a movie about magical creatures you catch with balls should make sense? Not every story has to work with real life logic.

But then you couldn't get Pokemon's trademark world building elements like Pokeballs etc.
To you. Apparently this doesn’t matter to you at all. But as an actual director, Detective Pikachu looks weird.

So that thing that happens every week?
I don’t know if I should be offended by this or not.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I didn't know you were a film student. That's really cool.

In retrospect I should have pursued something similar when I was in college. I didn't realize I really wanted to get into creating videos until after I was long out of school. What are you studying for?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So you want to hold the film industry hostage and force it to only do exactly what you want or people can’t feed their families.

Okay. Fair.

So what if I actually know a film-student who does like the aestetic Detective Pikachu goes with?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Writing/directing.
Sorry, my question was kind of vague.

Is there something specific you have as a goal? A dream project you hope to accomplish? Or more of a general "I want to work at Hollywood"?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well. I tried. I guess you just want a weird looking movie with a world that doesn’t make sense.
This has to be one of the single most elitist sounding responses you've ever given. Your "vision" for a live action Pokémon would garner the same reactions the Sonic movie did.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sorry, my question was kind of vague.

Is there something specific you have as a goal? A dream project you hope to accomplish? Or more of a general "I want to work at Hollywood"?
I have a few. I have a couple ideas for big movie franchises, and one for a cartoon show. I don’t want to go into them here though till I can get the trademarks registered.

I also have a lot of franchises I’d like to work on and adapt to film.

This has to be one of the single most elitist sounding responses you've ever given. Your "vision" for a live action Pokémon would garner the same reactions the Sonic movie did.
You have to make sacrifices to make a good product. Especially when you’re mapmaking weird decisions like, I don’t know, adapting a cartoon into live action.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Making Sonic look like a Gremlin fart doesn't make the setting make any more sense than it would otherwise. It's not a setting that needs to make sense beyond having it's own internal rules and consistency.

SEGA's spent a lot of time over the past several years answering the whims of fans like a giant corporate monkey's paw but this is really really really not it and whatever lead to this in the first place was probably them bowing to the whining of advertising execs at Paramount who have never so much as seen a video game before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom