• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But are you Japanese (for live action)? We don’t need any whitewashing for most of the characters

And which one of us actually thinks that would contribute to anything? My guy...a picture isn’t gonna discredit anything being said

You get yo Pyra/Mythra lies out of that bunker

And Endgame only had one story to fully focus on...and Spidey of course
Ok. Take out the insult. I apologize for that.

I still think Persona 5 would work well as a film series.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Can anyone please explain to me what that Google leak that was disproved was all about?
For some reason people thought google ads confirmed anything

I’ve pretty much ignored it the whole time because out of all bad leaks, this one was especially not worth my time or attention lol

osby

Smash Obsessed

As long as they're better than Persona 3 movies. They begun great, peaked at the second movie and ended with a whimper.

D

Deleted member

Medievil should get a stop motion movie by Tim Burton or the studio behind Wallace & Grommit.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Wait, what was it about?
Basically in Europe, if you google certain character names with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, you get an ad for the fighter pass. However, it only worked with five characters including Joker.

The other four being Artorias (Dark Souls), Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie), Doom Slayer (DOOM), Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden). People tried hundreds and characters and phrases and nothing else made the ad pop up besides certain game titles such as Persona, Persona 5, Demon's Souls (not Dark Souls tho), Banjo-Kazooie, Doom, Doom Eternal, and Ninja Gaiden.

However, you can buy ads on Google, so most people are pretty sure it's just a troll and nothing more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Basically in Europe, if you google certain character names with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, you get an ad for the fighter pass. However, it only worked with five characters including Joker.

The other four being Artorias (Dark Souls), Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie), Doom Slayer (DOOM), Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden). People tried hundreds and characters and phrases and nothing else made the ad pop up.

However, you can buy ads on Google, so most people are pretty sure it's just a troll and nothing more.
I am from Europe and it only worked with Joker for me.

But nobody listened.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ok, you got me there.
We don’t need another “Last Airbender” or movie moment for a while longer
well a wise yoshi once said...
...DC...should’ve...learned that earlier (also tax fraud prevents Yoshis from being smart)
But

It’s a party bunker
****...fine you can stay in the bunker

You can think that, but that doesn’t mean you should be ****ing on something with no relations (remember that next time you’re in a debate/argument/conversation)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Reminder that adaptations don't have to fit everything :yoshi:
Of course not. But even then, a lot of those games (namely the RPGs) can't really be condensed into a single film without radically changing the plot.

I'll use Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon as an example since it was on Goth's list.

The game has 25 chapters plus the prologue. Even if you took out the filler-ish chapters like Book 1 of Mystery did, you'd still be left with:

Prologue - Death of King Cornelius, Fall of Altea to Gra, and Marth's exile
Chapter 1 and 2 - Marth assembling his small-scale army and setting out, killing some pirates
Chapter 3 - The Battle of the Samsooth Mountains, which could be combined with 1 and 2.
Chapter 4/5/6 - Marth enters Aurelis, ousts the Macedonians, joins forces with Hardin and Nyna, and gets the Fire Emblem.

That's pretty much a movie right there and the game isn't even a third of the way done.

Chapter 7 - The Lefcandith segment is at least easy to condense. It needs to be included, however, to introduce Minerva.
Chapter 8/9 - Cut
Chapter 10 - The Seige of Castle Deil, a decisive battle that can't really be cut. Also where Minerva is eventually recruited.
Chapter 11/12 - The Recapturing of the Millennium Court. Considering this is where Marth retakes Archanea, it can't be cut.
Chapter 13 - Ballista Hell. Cut.

That's pretty much the second film.

Chapter 14 - Seige of Gra, death of King Jiol, :098: Gra is gone :098:
Chapter 15 - Khadein. Possible to skip if we just move some plot points around.
Chapter 16/17 - Battle for Altea, death of Morzas
Chapter 18/19/20 - Battle against the Sable Order, the Death of Camus, the fall of Grust, and the Fane of Raman. All can be presumably combined.

That's movie three.

Chapter 21 - Filler
Chapter 22 - Creation of Starlight, Death of Michalis, Fall of Macedon
Chapter 23 - Death of Gharnef, Retrieval of Falchion, Rescue of Princess Elice
Chapter 24/25 - Dohlr. Death of Medeus, Ending.

Movie four.

And that's not even getting into Mystery.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Can anyone please explain to me what that Google leak that was disproved was all about?
fighter's pass ads pop up on google for searches of joker + exactly four other characters - artorias, banjo, doom slayer, and hayabusa

the reason it's still sort of catching my attention beyond artorias being someone i really want is that it's exactly four characters that work--no more, no less--which is the exact number of fighters remaining, so it's not just any old characters triggering the ads.

it doesn't make much sense why nintendo would add the names to search keywords so early, but it also wouldn't be the first time nintendo marketing's worst enemy has been nintendo marketing:

1557495125288.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We don’t need another “Last Airbender” or movie moment for a while longer

...DC...should’ve...learned that earlier (also tax fraud prevents Yoshis from being smart)

****...fine you can stay in the bunker

You can think that, but that doesn’t mean you should be ****ing on something with no relations (remember that next time you’re in a debate/argument/conversation)
To be fair, every time you respond to one of my ideas it’s usually to tell me how bad it is. It was easy to get a little defensive.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
fighter's pass ads pop up on google for searches of joker + exactly four other characters - artorias, banjo, doom slayer, and hayabusa

the reason it's still sort of catching my attention beyond artorias being someone i really want is that it's exactly four characters that work--no more, no less--which is the exact number of fighters remaining, so it's not just any old characters triggering the ads.

it doesn't make much sense why nintendo would add the names to search keywords so early, but it also wouldn't be the first time nintendo marketing's worst enemy has been nintendo marketing:

View attachment 218697
probably cause someone else made the ad tho

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 218697
Anyone can buy google adds for those sights.

I think Banjo and Dark Souls are pretty likely, but Dragon Quest is all but confirmed. Then there’s Crash Bandicoot.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
probably cause someone else made the ad tho
which is the most plausible theory, given how obscure a search 'artorias smash bros ultimate' would have been to find it in the first place

as i said earlier in the morning, 99% chance fake

but that 1% of getting artorias instead of erdrick would be so very juicy

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Crash Bandicoot should be an animated series too.

Maybe by Warner.
Oh my god yes! Give Crash to the people who made Looney Tunes! It fits perfectly!

which is the most plausible theory, given how obscure a search 'artorias smash bros ultimate' would have been to find it in the first place

as i said earlier in the morning, 99% chance fake

but that 1% of getting artorias instead of erdrick would be so very juicy
What about Artorias AND Erdrick!?!

Seriously, Dark Souls is super likely.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

The other four being Artorias (Dark Souls), Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie), Doom Slayer (DOOM), Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden). People tried hundreds and characters and phrases and nothing else made the ad pop up besides certain game titles such as Persona, Persona 5, Demon's Souls (not Dark Souls tho), Banjo-Kazooie, Doom, Doom Eternal, and Ninja Gaiden.

I think it's a troll as well, though the ad was translated in every language, so they put some effort into it. Even if the ad is real, it still means nothing, it makes no sense to put the ad only when you search those names, if you want to advertise something you make it appear with any search, not just those 5 names.
Anyway I wanted Artorias too.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think it's a troll as well, though the ad was translated in every language, so they put some effort into it. Even if the ad is real, it still means nothing, it makes no sense to put the ad only when you search those names, if you want to advertise something you make it appear with any search, not just those 5 names.
Anyway I wanted Artorias too.
Sounds like the whole Google ad thing was made up, then. Probably by some troll, too. I wonder if Banjo-Kazooie could still make it in?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Yeah... this looks like a wish list...

Ryu Haybusa is the only one that makes sense, imo. Artorias is kind of a weird choice for a Dark Souls rep. Wouldn't they go for someone like the Chosen Undead, or Solaire? And Doom Slayer and Banjo feel like obvious fan picks, and tbh I don't think Nintendo's gonna fully go that route.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, every time you respond to one of my ideas it’s usually to tell me how bad it is. It was easy to get a little defensive.
That is literally no excuse.
There's a difference in criticizing ideas and ad hominem, which is what you did.

D

Deleted member

After seeing so many hopes and wants over the last couple of months, I think I'm one of only a handful of people on the entirety of the internet that would be fine with more Nintendo-related picks instead of a 3rd party bonanza.

D

Deleted member

After seeing so many hopes and wants over the last couple of months, I think I'm one of only a handful of people on the entirety of the internet that would be fine with more Nintendo-related picks instead of a 3rd party bonanza.
Not really.
I would love to death the possibility of getting Pauline, Adeleine and Mach Rider in the roster almost as much as Crash and Eight.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Your not alone on that, but it's more of a matter on expectation.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You’re not exactly alone. There is also me, even though I have no problem with third parties.

D

Deleted member

have you seen my prediction
I mean sure it's mostly third parties but Bandana Dee's there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom