• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, I need log off. I'm going to see Detective Pikachu with my brother after dinner. Hope it's worth the hype.

See you guys later.

D

Deleted member

Ya'll: "Artorias from Dark Souls confirmed."
My mind: "Since when was Saber in Dark Souls?"

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
D

Deleted member

The internet: Detective Pikachu will end with Mario introducing the electric mouse to the Smash Bros initiative.

Me, a person of excellent ideas:

D

Deleted member

Good lord... the #leaks-speculation chat of the PolarPanda thread is full of THOSE kinds of people right now due to the Google thing...

...The ones who behave in a certain way regarding Steve & Erdrick.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Good lord... the #leaks-speculation chat of the PolarPanda thread is full of THOSE kinds of people right now due to the Google thing...

Fans will cling onto any hints they find. Give them an inch, and they take a mile. Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about what they do as long as it doesn't concern me directly.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

it really be how it do

D

Deleted member

Fans will cling onto any hints they find. Give them an inch, and they take a mile. Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about what they do as long as it doesn't concern me directly.
It is getting kind of annoying doh.

And the sad thing is that I’m seeing that behaviour in more places of the internet again, and I don’t want to return back to those times.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I think it's funny that people latch on to things like google searches.
Sad, but funny.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speculation scene is kinda trash honestly, Im actually surprised that polar made a discord server given how stupid things can get.

D

Deleted member

I think it's funny that people latch on to things like google searches.
Sad, but funny.
To make it worse, they are also ignoring stuff disproving it on purpose.

They keep claiming that it only works in Europe and without Ad Blocker, even when I being one tried to test it many times without success.

I only get the ads with Joker, and every other character I tried doesn’t work.

73C46F38-27FE-4AE9-9962-3512B62EAB69.png

E2DAB0CD-B9EC-41E6-8876-414602020D03.png

438DAA76-D5A2-4A7A-BE27-D7EB4015908D.png

9897461F-2008-4FF5-ABF6-98933FA6F3CA.png

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

They keep claiming that it only works in Europe and without Ad Blocker, even when I being one tried to test it many times without success.

i've been able to get all 5 in the UK, so i don't think the ads not existing is the problem

more likely, they're just not ads set by nintendo

D

Deleted member

12 hours

That's because ads are targeted and based off your own search history and the number those words were said together.
It's not a coincidence that the only people seeing these are people way too desperate for Smash news and the characters are all especifically ones that have been talked in leaks before.

Last edited by a moderator:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Speculation scene is kinda trash honestly, Im actually surprised that polar made a discord server given how stupid things can get.
Petition to bring speculation back to its original definition, being who WE speculate will be DLC, and not the obviously fake leakers who are glorified in the community, dictating character's popularity.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
That's because ads are targeted and based off your own search history and the number those words were said together.
It's not a coincidence that the only people seeing these are people way too desperate for Smash news and the characters are all especifically ones that have been talked in leaks before.
the ads only appear when you're logged out of google and wipe your search history + cookies, no?

i found all five through edge, which i never use, and wiped it to default after every search

like i don't think it's real, but whatever triggers these ads in particular is very the opposite of targeted

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Oh yeah im sure it's very finicky and not only wont work in some cases like that but also tons of other random keywords could get it up for those that it does come up. Ads sometimes come up depending on the search histories and other things. I'm thinking it's a fad that'll just fade, but if some people want to jump on that then just let them do their own thing and hopefully there'll be more interesting talks elsewhere too ;)

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
IIRC Pushdustin on twitter already proved that anybody could make an advertisement like that.

If it is anything, then it's someone trolling the community. Why would Nintendo reserve advertisements this far out for characters that won't all release until February of next year? And of course it's completely lacking Erdrick while having unlikely as hell fanservice picks like Banjo.

D

Deleted member

IIRC Pushdustin on twitter already proved that anybody could make an advertisement like that.

If it is anything, then it's someone trolling the community. Why would Nintendo reserve advertisements this far out for characters that won't all release until February of next year? And of course it's completely lacking Erdrick while having unlikely as hell fanservice picks like Banjo.
The only one I find unlikely so far is the Dark Souls boss.

Banjo has almost the same chances as Steve, Hayabusa is possible due to Koei Tecmo selling many games on Nintendo consoles and Doomguy is getting a lot of stuff on Switch too.

But a random Dark Souls boss? Doesn’t seem reasonable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom