• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The Hooligans, The Babylon Rogues, Sticks has a team, The Freedom Fighters, AND Team Underground?!
This is a Sonic Fanboy's DREAM
You forgot the important thing here:

It is my dream, and because of that it isn’t happening as long as I live.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The thread title seems a bit bland. Which moderator with Ken Masters as their avatar should the thread title be named after, y'all?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The Hooligans, The Babylon Rogues, Sticks has a team, The Freedom Fighters, AND Team Underground?!
This is a Sonic Fanboy's DREAM
You should check out my Sonic fighting game roster, it may only pull from the games (and maybe a couple IDW comic characters) but it’s still quite a feat.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I don't even know what I'd do if heavy was a character, that would be so out there and hype at the same time. Besides Smash bros., i've probably put the most hours into tf2 than any other game.
Well, Reggie did say it would be character's we wouldn't expect to be in Smash. I think it helps that I have found few people who seem to dislike the idea of Heavy getting in, though there is little expectation for it actually happening. Maybe that is why he got high in the poll?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Who are your 3 most wanted characters?
Bandana Waddle Dee, Elma, KOS-MOS (my sig kinda makes that obvious)

Speaking of smash speculation, y'all have any dark-horse candidates for DLC characters?
Guess all 3 of them can be considered dark-horses at this point...

But KOS-MOS is probably the biggest dark-horse when it comes down to a Namco rep.

D

Deleted member

Hey man, are you okay?
Your usual semi-cynical quippiness is blending in with genuine sadness right now
No, I’m not okay.

I tried to hide it recently... but between the Google thing and the constant problems I have IRL I just can’t do so anymore.

I just... feel tired of everything, since nothing I do goes or ends right and instead does so with more problems, more stress and more energy getting drained.

D

Deleted member

See, the problem with your first point is that if I were to divulge in that, I would also have to spoil the endgames of Xenoblade 2, Xenoblade 2: Torna AND 1 at the same time, because in the end it'll make some sense, believe it or not. Unless you're comfortable with SUPER spoilers then oops lol

As for your second point, Jin's Absolute Form -- while vastly strong -- isn't expendable like Malos' powers. It's even shown in Torna that while Jin is quite powerful, he's also using the power of a very certain Driver, which is what makes him more grounded to more leveled combat at times, and as such, the battle at the Cliffs of Morytha was that. Think of it like a Kingdom Hearts limit break.
Don't bother spoiling me because I want to play Xenoblade 1 and Torna. However, if I have to legit beat Xenoblade 1 and the DLC to actually understand this plot hole, then that's not good writing. I'll ignore it for the sake of an epic cut scene.

And I can understand that Jin has a limit to his light speed antics, but it was shown that he can end the fight literally at the speed of light and can heal himself if he goes overboard, so it's nothing he shouldn't be able to handle. Maybe I'm missing something later down the line because I see there are still some twists to be had with the first half of Chapter 8.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Speaking of smash speculation, y'all have any dark-horse candidates for DLC characters?
Personal bias speaking but I do feel that people somewhat underrate Paper Mario's chances, even if I don't think he's ultimately going to make it in

The bias bit is that he's one of my three most wanted (to answer the other question) along with Skull Kid and Rayman

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Kasumi, be careful, Jack as a gun!

Oh my god, she has headphone on! SHE CAN'T HEAR US!!!
oh no kasumi NO.gif

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
No, I’m not okay.

I tried to hide it recently... but between the Google thing and the constant problems I have IRL I just can’t do so anymore.

I just... feel tired of everything, since nothing I do goes or ends right and instead does so with more problems, more stress and more energy getting drained.
Obligatory "you can talk to me if you want".

I've been going through something similar recently and I don't know how bad yours is, but I Just decided to take my daily moment to drop everything and do something fun and useless for a moment. You need to relax

KMDP

Smash Legend
@SonicSmasher1 @Coricus

Inspired by the recent trailers for Crash Team Racing Nitro Fuled, I give you....

1. Team Sonic
    1. Sonic the Hedgehog
    2. Tails Prower
    3. Knuckles the Echidna
  2. Team Dark
    1. Shadow the Hedgehog
    2. Rouge the Bat
    3. E-123 Omega
  3. Team Rose
    1. Amy Rose
    2. Cream the Rabbit
    3. Big the Cat
  4. Team Mighty
    1. Mighty the Armadillo
    2. Ray the Flying Squirrel
    3. Honey the Cat
  5. Team Chaotix
    1. Espio the Chameleon
    2. Charmy Bee
    3. Vector the Crocodile
  6. Team Silver
    1. Silver the Hedgehog
    2. Blaze the Cat
    3. Maurine the Raccoon
  7. Team Eggman
    1. Dr. Eggman
    2. Metal Sonic
    3. Zavok
  8. Team Hooligan
    1. Fang the Sniper
    2. Bean the Dynamite
    3. Bark the Polar Bear
  9. Team Chaos
    1. Chaos
    2. Chao
    3. Tikal
  10. Team Rogues
    1. Jet the Hawk
    2. Wave the Swallow
    3. Storm the Albatross
  11. Team Sticks
    1. Sticks the Badger
    2. Comedy Chimp
    3. Soar the Eagle
  12. Team Freedom
    1. Sally Acorn
    2. Bunny Rabbot
    3. Rotor the Walrus
  13. Team Underground
    1. Manic the Hedgehog
    2. Sonia the Hedgehog
    3. Queen Aleena Hedgehog

Do you think anyone is missing?
I don't think anyone is missing, per se.

You did misspell "Marine" as "Maurine", however.

Here's another few teams for you.

Team Freedom UK
  1. Tekno the Canary
  2. Shortfuse the Cybernik
  3. Johnny Lightfoot
Team Eggman UK
  1. Commander Brutus
  2. Metamorpha
  3. Vermin the Cybernik
Team Cyber
  1. Mecha Sonic
  2. Tails Doll
  3. Metal Knuckles
Team S.S.S.S.S.S.
  1. Scratch
  2. Grounder
  3. Coconuts
Team Minion
  1. Orbot
  2. Snively
  3. Grimer

D

Deleted member

Obligatory "you can talk to me if you want".

I've been going through something similar recently and I don't know how bad yours is, but I Just decided to take my daily moment to drop everything and do something fun and useless for a moment. You need to relax
My parents don’t let me relax because of high school, even if I feel it necessary to take a small break.

And my anxiety isn’t helping at all.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
My parents don’t let me relax because of high school, even if I feel it necessary to take a small break.

And my anxiety isn’t helping at all.
Hmm... That's a tough patch.

Do they let you relax during the weekends?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Dark Souls. And Crash. Nobody seriously seems to think they stand a chance
I remember Crash having a lot of talk back in the day, but I don't see him talked about that much anymore.
Personal bias speaking but I do feel that people somewhat underrate Paper Mario's chances, even if I don't think he's ultimately going to make it in

The bias bit is that he's one of my three most wanted (to answer the other question) along with Skull Kid and Rayman
I guess between :ultpiranha: reveal and a lot of people looking at 3rd party characters kind of pushed paper Mario out of the discussion

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Not much.
Since it just so happens that I have exams every monday due to the shorter semester we have from April to May.
I hate how exam-heavy schools are now.

That sounds stressful man.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Not much.
Since it just so happens that I have exams every monday due to the shorter semester we have from April to May.
So you have exams every monday, but you also gotta go to school every other Day of the week?
When we had exams we had 4 or 5 spread out in monday, wednessday and thursday, with tuesdays and fridays off

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
Don't bother spoiling me because I want to play Xenoblade 1 and Torna. However, if I have to legit beat Xenoblade 1 and the DLC to actually understand this plot hole, then that's not good writing. I'll ignore it for the sake of an epic cut scene.

And I can understand that Jin has a limit to his light speed antics, but it was shown that he can end the fight literally at the speed of light and can heal himself if he goes overboard, so it's nothing he shouldn't be able to handle. Maybe I'm missing something later down the line because I see there are still some twists to be had with the first half of Chapter 8.
Well, when you get to the final chapter and get the lore dump, it'll at the least lay groundwork for how both Shulk and Rex's universes were made and shared within one another. So when it comes to the whole telepathy stuff Pyra and Mythra has, there'll be a very key moment in that lore dump to loosely explain such powers, which also is connected to the original Xenoblade and a very certain character, who also has such traits like telepathy. It's hard to not to spoil it, but it's sort of connected to a pretty substantial, 7-year old plot hole that the original Xenoblade had that the sequel you're playing now fixed up in a MASSIVE way. If it's anything about the writing, I blame the original Xenoblade for not going further so that Xenoblade 2 had to explain, lmao

tl;dr: If you wanna get into the brass tacks, unfortunately you'll have to at least play the original Xenoblade. Torna goes into Mythra's foresight more, but it's at the end where it gets really ****ing serious.

In regards to Jin, if you're at the beginning of Chapter 8, then IIRC there should be more exposition on his powers, but when you get to Torna, it'll be much more clear. It's been a while since I completed it, to be fair, but I'll try my best to explain as much as possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hate how exam-heavy schools are now.

That sounds stressful man.
Trust me.

It IS stressful.

what the actual ****
dude what kind of school are you going to
A public one.

If I with some miracle manage to get out of these problems (which I doubt), I may get a chance at being after summer on a university.

I would love to be an English and history teacher... but so far I think I won’t even get to the exams needed to pass in order to access university.

D

Deleted member

So you have exams every monday, but you also gotta go to school every other Day of the week?
When we had exams we had 4 or 5 spread out in monday, wednessday and thursday, with tuesdays and fridays off
The only days where we can only go for the exams and leave after so are the ones where the exams are only for people who suspended specific subjects.

Yikes, really? That sounds rough...
The worst thing is how it is literally getting in the nerves of everyone around me: friends who are having similar problems, the own teachers who are scared about how my class will do at the exams, my parents who are getting stressed with everything to annoying points and myself.

I’m starting to worry that summer holidays won’t be enough to take back my sanity after all of this.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That's so ****ing cute.

I needed this kind of positive post this morning.
Hehehehe! Glad to see my plan to bring some more positivity on this thread worked in some places!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

how many semesters are there where you live? I only have 2...
Three.

But the third one which is the current one only lasts two months since the exams to access university are at the beginning of June.

If you suspend one or more subjects (which I’m guaranteed to do so) you can’t go to June, have to take the subjects back on some exams at the end of June and make the university exams on the first half of July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom