• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Anyone else have a sort of "empty" feeling in their chest cavity? It happens to me sometimes and i don't understand where it's coming from.
Yeah, so do I. I have no idea why though...
okay, I just came up with this rough idea for what my ideal Nintendo Cinematic Universe would be:
https://pastebin.com/m4g4iLwc
Tell me what you think, if you want!
Those are some nice ideas! But I wonder, if like the MCU, would it have TV shows that'd tie into it as well?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, so do I. I have no idea why though...

Those are some nice ideas! But I wonder, if like the MCU, would it have TV shows that'd tie into it as well?
A Mach Rider tv show is something I would watch at any cost.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I approve of this being the second battle theme to Xenoblade 2. ****'s getting serious, y'all.

Also I want to ***** about a certain fight. Maybe Tots Woz Tots Woz can make it better like he usually does.

Can someone explain to me what the **** was up with that Jin and Malos fight in Chapter 7? Like it was the most hype fight in the story so far, but it also made no sense in two particular locations.

1. Isn't Pyra practically a shell at this point? How is she able to telepathically communicate with Rex from her own body? Malos stole her ****ing memories. There should be no Pyra left to tell Rex she wants to die.
  2. Jin literally solo'd the team at the end of Chapter 6. Why is he just doing normal sword combat with Rex? I guess maybe he doesn't see him as a threat so listening to him might be interesting.
Otherwise, hype! We finally made it to Elysium and the third Aegis design looks so cool. Why can't Pyra just stay like this for the game?
ah yes that fight
I thought it was awesome haha

1. That was a question I also had at first, it’s not really explained well. I’m pretty sure the reason is that Rex and Pythra share that core crystal, so they’re linked by that, not Pyra’s body. As far as why she retains her memories... I have a few theories but they might be spoilers
  2. I’m trying to remember if there was a reason for that besides narrative. I’m probably gonna have to get back to you on this one because I just woke up and my memory’s foggy, but it could just be as simple as Malos’s massive ego keeps Jin from just destroying them cause then they wouldn’t get to play haha

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My main issue is that some of those games are entirely too big to fit into a single movie.
I think that Metroid could fit well for a single movie.

Just add some stuff from the manga mixed with a bit of Zero Mission and in the right hands something good could come out of it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
After Joker joined Smash, why should I give a **** about any new dlc characters unless they’re either Scorpion or Sub Zero?
Right! I’m trying to cinematically adapt Persona 5 and at a rough estimate i can fit it into eight films.
Realistically nobody should be trying to cinematically adapt a game like Persona 5
Reminder that adaptations don't have to fit everything :yoshi:
FE700FC1-7AB7-4A17-9FBE-370F7D4900AE.jpeg

Also rip @faygoshill once more

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Newspaper the size of a footlong hotdog

Never mind paper boy gets a d special where he shifts gears and gives a Shulk gimmick.

He’s really feeling it. Read a bout it
Okay this was really funny to kinda read through but I have one burning question

IS PAPERBOY’S NEWSPAPER A CL—
User was banned for existing

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But It would need to be divided in parts.

And I insist, I would be a great casting for Joker if my voice wasn't so terrible.
Right. I’m just writing the first one now, and I don’t think I can go further than Kamoshida in film 1.

Newspaper the size of a footlong hotdog

Never mind paper boy gets a d special where he shifts gears and gives a Shulk gimmick.

He’s really feeling it. Read a bout it
God I want a Midway character so much! Gauntlet or Rampage.... which one do you pick.

D

Deleted member

Right. I’m just writing the first one now, and I don’t think I can go further than Kamoshida in film 1.

God I want a Midway character so much! Gauntlet or Rampage.... which one do you pick.
Someone from Rampage would be cool.

Spy Hunter should get a collaboration with Mario Kart, btw.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Realistically, you are wrong good sir. The story is super filmic.
Trust me...it’s not. No matter how amazing a video game is, a movie isn’t always gonna work out for it.

An anime series/movie that goes in full depth of a game sure, but even that isn’t likely to work (Bayonetta for example...didn’t work for her)
But It would need to be divided in parts.

And I insist, I would be a great casting for Joker if my voice wasn't so terrible.
keep Joker the way he is...sexy and cool

And also not in a movie

D

Deleted member

Trust me...it’s not. No matter how amazing a video game is, a movie isn’t always gonna work out for it.

An anime series/movie that goes in full depth of a game sure, but even that isn’t likely to work (Bayonetta for example...didn’t work for her)

And also not in a movie
I'm cool and good-looking, tbh.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Thank god It isn't a real leak in the end doh.

And I'm glad about the fact that I can still keep hoping about DQ in Smash Ultimate.
Hope?

Erdrick (or some form of Dragon Quest character) is pretty much 98% in, imo. He's been mentioned by pretty much all of insiders.

If you ask me, it's not really a matter of "if" at this point, and morseo a matter of "when"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hope?

Dude, Erdrick (or some form of Dragon Quest character) is pretty much 98% in. He's been mentioned by pretty much all of insiders.

Imo, it's not really a matter of "if" at this point, and morseo a matter of "when"
Hopefully that's the case Ramen.

DQ is something I always wanted in Smash but feared to comment due to certain people and controversies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

And also not in a movie
Ok. Which one of us is actually studying film in college.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm cool and good-looking, tbh.
But are you Japanese (for live action)? We don’t need any whitewashing for most of the characters
Ok. Which one of us is actually studying film in college. And which one is a WWE Thanos with a ninja turtles reference in their screen-name.
And which one of us actually thinks that would contribute to anything? My guy...a picture isn’t gonna discredit anything being said
*sigh*

alright everyone back into the bunker
You get yo Pyra/Mythra lies out of that bunker
well i mean endgame is 3 hours long and I have two Persona 5 movies in my NCU (Phantom Thieves and The Royal) so it's doable
And Endgame only had one story to fully focus on...and Spidey of course

Last edited:

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
I approve of this being the second battle theme to Xenoblade 2. ****'s getting serious, y'all.

Also I want to ***** about a certain fight. Maybe Tots Woz Tots Woz can make it better like he usually does.

Can someone explain to me what the **** was up with that Jin and Malos fight in Chapter 7? Like it was the most hype fight in the story so far, but it also made no sense in two particular locations.

1. Isn't Pyra practically a shell at this point? How is she able to telepathically communicate with Rex from her own body? Malos stole her ****ing memories. There should be no Pyra left to tell Rex she wants to die.
  2. Jin literally solo'd the team at the end of Chapter 6. Why is he just doing normal sword combat with Rex? I guess maybe he doesn't see him as a threat so listening to him might be interesting.
Otherwise, hype! We finally made it to Elysium and the third Aegis design looks so cool. Why can't Pyra just stay like this for the game?
See, the problem with your first point is that if I were to divulge in that, I would also have to spoil the endgames of Xenoblade 2, Xenoblade 2: Torna AND 1 at the same time, because in the end it'll make some sense, believe it or not. Unless you're comfortable with SUPER spoilers then oops lol

As for your second point, Jin's Absolute Form -- while vastly strong -- isn't expendable like Malos' powers. It's even shown in Torna that while Jin is quite powerful, he's also using the power of a very certain Driver, which is what makes him more grounded to more leveled combat at times, and as such, the battle at the Cliffs of Morytha was that. Think of it like a Kingdom Hearts limit break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom