• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Hey guys, what's going on in this-

Now has anyone here ever heard of the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
yeah i think i'll live without seeing projared's projunk.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey guys, what's going on in this-

Now has anyone here ever heard of the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?
Get out of here with that old ****. We Jaredposting now.

cyeQa4e.jpg

Because Jared is ****, so Jaredposting is ****posting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I personally think Mementos is fine and it really should be given a chance at the very least because it seems people's issues with it are just small nitpicks that wouldn't be a problem in an actual match.
Honestly didn't expect this post to get any likes, the first thing I thought would happen was "shut up shish you're a dumb" being repeated at least 5 times in 5 different ways

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It sucks that the racist group has the coolest hieharchy names.

I wanna be "GRAND DRAGON" goddammit.
Style on the racists, come up with even better titles.

Be an Eye of the Nova, a Brimstone Dawn, a Wyrm-Of-Suns. Be the Archwarlock of the Inferno, preach the acceptance of all people in the face of the fire that burns away imperfections and separates the ore from the rock.

Build a community center and mostly just use it to play actual homebrewed Dungeons and Dragons.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You know, that one document that's kind of determined the course of the free world?
I don't think the Magna Carta said anything explicitly guaranteeing the right to free speech.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Be an Eye of the Nova, a Brimstone Dawn, a Wyrm-Of-Suns. Be the Archwarlock of the Inferno, preach the acceptance of all people in the face of the fire that burns away imperfections and separates the ore from the rock.

Build a community center and mostly just use it to play actual homebrewed Dungeons and Dragons.
hi-diddly-ho, neighborinos, might i interest you in the church of juiblex?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don't think the Magna Carta said anything explicitly guaranteeing the right to free speech.
The Magna Carta isn't what determined the structure of one of the World superpowers that's pushed the ideals of democracy into the modern age though.

Is the US flawed? Incredibly so. But what it represents is important.

D

Deleted member

The US is a dystopia compared to Norway though.
I wish the US was like Norway and Sweden and good countries like that. Even Norway and Sweden could improve. No country is perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"They must learn our free ways...
By force."
I mean it was basically what the British were doing to America but since America didn't exist it was just everyone else and then it just made the same exact situation. Oopsy poopsy.

D

Deleted member

Join the trans rights gang today, we have the
EDIT: I forgot what I was going to say tbh so just fill it with your answers
Say what you will about the US, but Free Speech is something a lot of people take for granted.
I surely don't "take it for granted" because in practice, all it does is allow people to belittle and invalidate others while actual criticism of the state(which is what this should be focusing on allowing considering racist rhetoric was never actually prevented before it) is shut down just behind closed doors instead of publicly.

D

Deleted member

UH OH you just said something mean! What if a child saw that? Sorry Schnee, you're getting banned for 5 years
uNdeR thE gUise of cOnteXt

fine i'll stop ripping on moderation now i swear

D

Deleted member

Yep, here in the good ol' US of A, as long as you don't actually act on the **** you say, you can be as racist as you damn well feel like. Talk **** about your black neighbors, mention how the Mexicans are stealing your jobs, whatever. Ain't a cop alive who can legally stop you just for sayin' ****.

It's messed up, and probably why the US is known for this sort of thing.
To be honest, I'd rather have my dad be able to freely tell his friends at the dinner table he doesn't like certain groups over him being incarcerated for saying it. We already have issues with police abusing their right to brutality, what makes us think it's a good idea they control our speech rights?

Say what you will about the US, but Free Speech is something a lot of people take for granted.
Right? Like if you didn't have free speech, good luck even talking about gay rights or racism without being dragged out of your own home and hung. We have a gift built on the blood of people in the past. Treasure it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I surely don't "take it for granted" because in practice, all it does is allow people to belittle and invalidate others while actual criticism of the state(which is what this should be focusing on allowing considering racist rhetoric was never actually prevented before it) is shut down just behind closed doors instead of publicly.
On the other hand, harassment is illegal.

D

Deleted member

I like this person.

Why can't we all be like Coricus?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
You ever looked back on the things you made and be like:
View attachment 218321
"What the **** I am doing with my life?..."
That's my motto in life.

Honestly didn't expect this post to get any likes, the first thing I thought would happen was "shut up shish you're a dumb" being repeated at least 5 times in 5 different ways
"shut up shish you're a dumb"
"shut up shish u dumb"
"shut up shish u have bad opinion"
"shut up shish there are slopes"
"shut up shish u made poopy post"

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The Magna Carta isn't what determined the structure of one of the World superpowers that's pushed the ideals of democracy into the modern age though.

Is the US flawed? Incredibly so. But what it represents is important.
I don't want to carry this conversation on for too long out of fear of it getting political in a negative way, but the U.S., in terms of its structure of laws and enforcement of those laws, is not the shining beacon on a hill we are led to believe it is in American schools. Neither from a modern standpoint or a historical standpoint.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The US is a dystopia compared to Norway though.
I wish the US was like Norway and Sweden and good countries like that. Even Norway and Sweden could improve. No country is perfect.
>Calling the U.S. a dystopia when real dictatorships and facist regimes exist and gross human rights violations are being carried out around the world.
???

This is more a criticism of the system than a criticism of the ideal.

Would you rather advocate for censorship?
I don't want to carry this conversation on for too long out of fear of it getting political in a negative way, but the U.S., in terms of its structure of laws and enforcement of those laws, is not the shining beacon on a hill we are led to believe it is in American schools. Neither from a modern standpoint or a historical standpoint.
Of course it's not. The U.S. is an incredibly flawed country. You'll get no argument from me there.

But I'm saying that things like free speech, which are largely advocated for by the United States and other democratic countries, are important and preferable to other options, even if they're flawed themselves.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
D

Deleted member

I hate it when I accidentally unlike posts that I like. It feels good to be early.
>Calling the US a dystopia when real dictatorships and facist regimes exist and gross human rights violations are being carried out around the world.
I was making a hyperbole.
Still, the US could use a lot of modifying.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Maybe because it's American schools we're talkin' about :mybodyisreggie:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here in the Netherlands you have full free speech rights. Though discrimination isn't counted as free speech and bigotry doesn't fall under freedom of religion as a company fired a guy they just hired because the CEO found out he had a boyfriend. Dunno if that company still exists but he got sued like hell

D

Deleted member

???

This is more a criticism of the system than a criticism of the ideal.

Would you rather advocate for censorship?
How are you going from one extreme to another? It doesn't really matter how good it is in theory(spoiler: it's still bad. See: the Paradox of Intolerance) when it's applied terribly.

Anyways, I don't wanna drag this discussion out so peace.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Wait, you think the state should moniter freedom of speech... so that there could be more criticism of the very same state.

I envy your optimism.
Don't know if I would personally trust the US Government with that kinda power to not go horrendously abused.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom