• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean osby osby has participated in my ****posting and then was told to infract me so careful
The mods gotta do their jobs so I don’t blame em
Honestly it's one of the weird things about being a mod. When something gets reported and you're stuck between "well I think it's fine" and "well what would the other mods do?" Moderation has to be consistent or people will challenge everything on the basis of "favoritism".

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly it's one of the weird things about being a mod. When something gets reported and you're stuck between "well I think it's fine" and "well what would the other mods do?" Moderation has to be consistent or people will challenge everything on the basis of "favoritism".
Exactly- and I don’t mind being infracted by you and osby and my other friends who happen to be a mod , but I think the actual lack of consistency in practice is a huge part of the problem.

To a lot of people, it kinda feels like the only things that get infracted are super super minor things, to extremely major things, and absolutely nothing in between lol

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, I'm, uh, pretty excited for this. Supposed to start at 12:30 Central by the way.

Last edited:

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
I miss the old staindgrey.
The ocean's grey wave's staindgrey.
The cool ass homie staindgrey.
Who fracted me? Oh, staindgrey.

Call me Bobby SmashBoards.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Exactly- and I don’t mind being infracted by you and osby and my other friends who happen to be a mod , but I think the actual lack of consistency in practice is a huge part of the problem.

To a lot of people, it kinda feels like the only things that get infracted are super super minor things, to extremely major things, and absolutely nothing in between lol
And I think you're right and I think we need to do better.

We're all volunteers without, like, corporate job training. Consistency just comes through practice and reading other reports you weren't a part of. But then because mods are somewhat compartmentalized by which part of the site they're in charge of, there can be variances in how they handle particular situations or how strict they are from forum to forum.

I know that I'm probably on the "too lax" side in comparison to the average, so I'm working on that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay folks, for the thing I need THREAD INPUT!

Basically just answer this. There will be a follow-up poll soon.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I miss the old staindgrey.
The ocean's grey wave's staindgrey.
The cool *** homie staindgrey.
Who fracted me? Oh, staindgrey.

Call me Bobby SmashBoards.
Shuddup newbie you just got here.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You’re saying that like I didn’t have a cause a ruckus in forum support about this yesterday
Honestly forum support flat out didn't work for me for the last idk, 3, 4 times I used it and I have no reason to believe that forum support would work as the thing that changed my opinion slightly for the better, was only a week or two by Moy

D

Deleted member

I've came here to make a announcement.
View attachment 218275
Making stages in stage builder is one ***** *** ************

That's right, and if you want to know why this stage make me divorce with my wife, then use this code to play on it:

5MR65MCP

You're welcome, except you you ugly little girl, I SEE YOU.
You can't just say everything is a ***** ass ************, that's not how it works, Hunter!
You’re saying that like I didn’t have a cause a ruckus in forum support about this yesterday
I mean, yeah, but I also think there's merit to doing it in public as that allows others who agree with you join in and show they also believe those things are issues. Forum support is just you by yourself shouting at admins without any support(though I'd like to leave it very clear this isn't to say it's not effective at all as it seems the admins really took a thread of mine into consideration, but it should also not be the only option due to its private nature)
If "long form character analysis essays on a daily basis for fifty days" are illegal, then I don't want to be legal. :V
Opo no pls
For your own good dont do it!
i actually do want to see it sign me up

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly forum support flat out didn't work for me for the last idk, 3, 4 times I used it and I have no reason to believe that forum support would work as the thing that changed my opinion slightly for the better, was only a week or two by Moy
Forum Support works really well for me. That's how we saved :ultalph:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Okay folks, for the thing I need THREAD INPUT!

Basically just answer this. There will be a follow-up poll soon.
The answer to "pick a number-ish thing" is always "as much of the number-ish thing as possible."

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You can't just say everything is a ***** *** ************, that's not how it works, Hunter!

I mean, yeah, but I also think there's merit to doing it in public as that allows others who agree with you join in and show they also believe those things are issues. Forum support is just you by yourself shouting at admins without any support(though I'd like to leave it very clear this isn't to say it's not effective at all as it seems the admins really took a thread of mine into consideration, but it should also not be the only option due to its private nature)

Opo no pls
For your own good dont do it!
i actually do want to see it sign me up
Everything is a ***** ass ************, you know it, Shoes!
dr-eggman-sonic-adventure-2-82.jpg

Beside, I made this!
Eggman Final Piss obama edition.gif

So cleary, I don't give a flying **** anymore.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'know, I can see your revision history.

I know what you said. :evil:
uh, i know
the reason i asked for it to be deleted is because i had already posted it, but it didn't want to show up on my computer for some reason until after i posted it for the second time

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And I think you're right and I think we need to do better.

We're all volunteers without, like, corporate job training. Consistency just comes through practice and reading other reports you weren't a part of. But then because mods are somewhat compartmentalized by which part of the site they're in charge of, there can be variances in how they handle particular situations or how strict they are from forum to forum.

I know that I'm probably on the "too lax" side in comparison to the average, so I'm working on that.
Yeah. I have some perspective on the issue due to my past experience in admin positions, which is why I’m speaking out about it. I agree with you.

Also about the too lax thing, I kinda feel like that’s a good way to go mostly. Consistency doesn’t have to be “all eyes on the boards and infract every rule breaker”- that’s impractical. However I think the prioritization should be adjusted as well as communicated properly so that everyone is able to actually know what to expect instead of people being blindsided randomly by an infraction they got for a post they made like 5 hours ago that they thought was fine.

Like for instance, some of the more minor things, I feel like most of the infractions for those are hard to substantially justify. In which case, I would understand infractions those if they actually cause problems but because the current method is preemptive, then that leaves a whole lot of (and too much) wiggle room for individual discretion and punishment for something that probably wouldn’t have happened otherwise. Whereas if it’s a thing that has been reported to have caused a problem either through the report form or as a complaint in the thread, I get handing out an infraction for it.

I think one of the cores of the issue is also the “family-friendly” image that is being advertised in the terms for participating in SWF. I’m sure literally everyone here knows that especially in threads like this that that isn’t the case, so it almost feels like infractions for very minor offenses in the name of preemptive appropriateness is disingenuous.

I have a lot to say on the topic but I’ve talked too long already lol

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You mean I'm actually making a difference? :forrest:
Welp you're already a better admin than I was on AllisBrawl for two years.

I just ****ed around and looked busy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Believe me, I’m a fan of doing it in public as i am currently doing and have done in the past- I just think when it’s done publicly it’s worth it to keep a level head and try not to meme too hard about it to have a serious discussion, because the aim is to get them to listen and not totally ignore you cause you’re appearing to throw a fit from their perspective (even if from ours it looks fine)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, this'll take some time to write. Stay tuned.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
y'know up until osby osby and staindgrey staindgrey became mods i thought there was some sort of standard for who's a mod and who's not
turns out, there isn't
Angry Tohru.png

YOU TAKE THAT BACK osby osby AND staindgrey staindgrey ARE GREAT PEOPLE AND DEFINITELY UPHOLD THE STANDARDS OF SMASHBOARDS MODERATION STAFF. YOU'RE BEING QUITE INCONSIDERATE AND I'D LIKE TO ASK YOU TO CONSIDER YOUR WORDS BETTER IN THE FUTURE.

D

Deleted member

I’m sure literally everyone here knows that especially in threads like this that that isn’t the case, so it almost feels like infractions very minor offenses in the name of preemptive appropriateness is disingenuous.
eat my fword bword eat my fword bword eat my fword bword eat my fword bword eat my fword bword

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah. I have some perspective on the issue due to my past experience in admin positions, which is why I’m speaking out about it. I agree with you.

Also about the too lax thing, I kinda feel like that’s a good way to go mostly. Consistency doesn’t have to be “all eyes on the boards and infract every rule breaker”- that’s impractical. However I think the prioritization should be adjusted as well as communicated properly so that everyone is able to actually know what to expect instead of people being blindsided randomly by an infraction they got for a post they made like 5 hours ago that they thought was fine.

Like for instance, some of the more minor things, I feel like most of the infractions for those are hard to substantially justify. In which case, I would understand infractions those if they actually cause problems but because the current method is preemptive, then that leaves a whole lot of (and too much) wiggle room for individual discretion and punishment for something that probably wouldn’t have happened otherwise. Whereas if it’s a thing that has been reported to have caused a problem either through the report form or as a complaint in the thread, I get handing out an infraction for it.

I think one of the cores of the issue is also the “family-friendly” image that is being advertised in the terms for participating in SWF. I’m sure literally everyone here knows that especially in threads like this that that isn’t the case, so it almost feels like infractions for very minor offenses in the name of preemptive appropriateness is disingenuous.

I have a lot to say on the topic but I’ve talked too long already lol
I still think it's crazy how I seem to be the only person on the thread infracted for being too sexual in the thread by joking about how JK Rowling is pretending Dumbledore ****ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom