• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Anyways, I think a Microsoft rep has a pretty decent chance of happening but I wouldn't bet my house on it. Nintendo certainly has been more chummy with MS lately, and from the perspective of marketing it would make sense to have a more western focused pick right after (presumably) Erdrick to convince everybody to get the pass. The three front runners all have their own merits for getting in and Nintendo has stated that they want to draw in new audiences with DLC. What better way to do that then getting a character from an entirely opposing company?
At the same time, language barrier is definitely hard to ignore with how much Sakurai likes to directly talk with third parties, it make communications far more difficult. Plus, only Steve really has any popularity in homeland Japan, Banjo isn't as popular and Chief even less so, and Japan is still ultimately the target audience here. Wouldn't be the first time a Western third party got real friendly with Nintendo but didn't get into smash considering Ubisoft.
I’m certain that if we were able to get more characters in this game we would have gotten bethubisoft sat launch

D

Deleted member

OH NO.

MAC MILLER GOT THE TREATMENT.
XXX GOT THE TREATMENT.

PROJARED GONNA BE DEAD NEXT.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
oh?
on jah?
mans better stay away from drugs and south florida

D

Deleted member

It's funny, I've known projared since he was still doing hard news at Screwattack. It's like watching the roman empire from rise to fall, except the roman empire is a semi-popular gaming youtuber.
Does anyone from the good ol Screwattack days still does stuff apart from Jared and the Nerd who was more of a partner? Know about Death Battle but after a few members left I stopped caring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
GUHUHUHUUHUHUH̸̩̬͚͎U̷̬H̨͍̠̪U̟H̝̘̭̳͉U͚̕H͚͙͙̪̭͖U̙͕̝̹͕͠H͕̤̭U̼͚̲̦H͍͉͟U̵͚̹̠H̫̣͇̟̣U̞̣͠H̳U͢ͅH̪̰̙̠̭͔̼̃̐̇͊̎̚U̗̳̻̜̙̅ͤͫ͑͐ͯ͜H̠͓̞̗̯̎̎͞U̳̭͓ͫ͗̀H͈̜ͪŪ͓̇ͯ͑ͣ̋ͮH͚̾͒ͮͬ̅̾̚͞Ǘ̦̝̰̫̿̈͊ͯͬͣ͢H̵͖̮̫͎̘͕U̜̘ͣ̓̈́ͫͩ̓H̙̪̘͔̫̉UͤH̺͓̯͖͎̠͑̆͆̈̐U̶ͥ͗͛̏̃̽́̌҉̵̳͈̖̝̼͔͕H̯̥̓ͨ͊͌́̓͒͜͞͞U̸̗̟̳̠͔̺͊ͦH͇̳ͮ̔̽͊͜Ù̠̺͙̠̲̗̣͒̔̕H̡̘̠̥͇̻̃́ͥ͘U̼̖̭̥̠̣̻̰ͪ͆ͥ̃̓̈́ͮȞͧ͗͘͏̶̥̙͖̼̪̫ͅU̷̸̢̮̱̖̱͊̿̽̃ͫ̃ͮ̉̓Ĥ͊͞͏̞̳̼̭́U̴̴͉͎̬̰̭̘͈̬͌̅͗̊ͤ̄ͣ̚Ḩ̞̝͎̝̈́͞U̶͕̮͙̓ͤͨ͆͌̽H̶̡͔̽ͪͤ̔̄͐͊ͨU̵͖̝̱̲͕̦ͫ͌̈́ͩ͜͝H̷͙̻̻̺̥̹̉Ȗ̦̗̙͚̙͗̈͗ͩ͡H̎̂̔͒̋̓͏͙̪̥͚̀͞Ư͖̘̺̓̄́̋̿͠H̛̟ͬ̅ͮ̅̈́͋̆̚U̐̽ͫ̈́̅̏͏̫͙͇̝H̗̯̮̜̜̉̉ͤUͩ̇̍̈ͯͪ͑҉͔͈̯́H͛̆̾ͫ҉̬̯̱̳̮̮Ű̴̠̥̮̟̼̙͈̰͡

1557418267046.png

D

Deleted member

GUHUHUHUUHUHUH̸̩̬͚͎U̷̬H̨͍̠̪U̟H̝̘̭̳͉U͚̕H͚͙͙̪̭͖U̙͕̝̹͕͠H͕̤̭U̼͚̲̦H͍͉͟U̵͚̹̠H̫̣͇̟̣U̞̣͠H̳U͢ͅH̪̰̙̠̭͔̼̃̐̇͊̎̚U̗̳̻̜̙̅ͤͫ͑͐ͯ͜H̠͓̞̗̯̎̎͞U̳̭͓ͫ͗̀H͈̜ͪŪ͓̇ͯ͑ͣ̋ͮH͚̾͒ͮͬ̅̾̚͞Ǘ̦̝̰̫̿̈͊ͯͬͣ͢H̵͖̮̫͎̘͕U̜̘ͣ̓̈́ͫͩ̓H̙̪̘͔̫̉UͤH̺͓̯͖͎̠͑̆͆̈̐U̶ͥ͗͛̏̃̽́̌҉̵̳͈̖̝̼͔͕H̯̥̓ͨ͊͌́̓͒͜͞͞U̸̗̟̳̠͔̺͊ͦH͇̳ͮ̔̽͊͜Ù̠̺͙̠̲̗̣͒̔̕H̡̘̠̥͇̻̃́ͥ͘U̼̖̭̥̠̣̻̰ͪ͆ͥ̃̓̈́ͮȞͧ͗͘͏̶̥̙͖̼̪̫ͅU̷̸̢̮̱̖̱͊̿̽̃ͫ̃ͮ̉̓Ĥ͊͞͏̞̳̼̭́U̴̴͉͎̬̰̭̘͈̬͌̅͗̊ͤ̄ͣ̚Ḩ̞̝͎̝̈́͞U̶͕̮͙̓ͤͨ͆͌̽H̶̡͔̽ͪͤ̔̄͐͊ͨU̵͖̝̱̲͕̦ͫ͌̈́ͩ͜͝H̷͙̻̻̺̥̹̉Ȗ̦̗̙͚̙͗̈͗ͩ͡H̎̂̔͒̋̓͏͙̪̥͚̀͞Ư͖̘̺̓̄́̋̿͠H̛̟ͬ̅ͮ̅̈́͋̆̚U̐̽ͫ̈́̅̏͏̫͙͇̝H̗̯̮̜̜̉̉ͤUͩ̇̍̈ͯͪ͑҉͔͈̯́H͛̆̾ͫ҉̬̯̱̳̮̮Ű̴̠̥̮̟̼̙͈̰͡

View attachment 218253
society doesn't seem so bad after all

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So KFC has dessert biscuits from Cinnebon

They’re just biscuits with icing and cinnamon sugar glaze on it

Which, admittedly, is kinda close to what a cinnamon roll is anyway so

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I’m certain that if we were able to get more characters in this game we would have gotten bethubisoft sat launch
Interesting theory.

Atlus, what's your take?

STEVE-SAN

I HAVE COME TO END YOUR REIGN OF TERROR

View attachment 218251
Okay.

Okay we have them both.

We have them both make them fight make them ****ing fight.

Fight like we're at the 5th pass slot and they just tweeted the Direct's tomorrow.

@GothFluttershy has re-entered the thread
avi_spraybottle.png

No.

Down.

Down I say.

So KFC has dessert biscuits from Cinnebon

They’re just biscuits with icing and cinnamon sugar glaze on it

Which, admittedly, is kinda close to what a cinnamon roll is anyway so
Goddammit man you're gonna make me brave the wasps.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
more seriously, i do rate MH's chances pretty highly as a capcom rep because of rathalos, though i do wonder if sakurai would think that the rathalos costume is 'enough' of a MH fighter rep, given its closed helmet and the MH player character's status as a blank slate avatar

we'd also need the current MH music to be resorted into its own franchise and so taken off the 'other'-themed stages like ice climbers/find mii, which is easy enough but it'd be a little weird
On the one hand, I'd be kinda interested in seeing how they'd differ from the MvC version of the Hunter. While I think Sakurai could do a weapon-swap mechanic justice, I think it'd be neat if they made it a single class and just gave them a bunch of different items as their specials (Barrel Bomb was in Hunter's Level 3, but maybe they could use traps/flash/tranq items). I also said the taunt thing could involve Felyne, but they could also just flat out be an assist or summon as part of kit.

On the other, I do get the sense that Sakurai acknowledged the "Monster" part of MH is the draw of the series by adding just Rathalos to the base game. Which it's true, the protagonists are generic avatars that could easily just be portrayed as Mii costumes and nothing else. Odds are they'd acknowledge that the most popular weapons that would work (mostly melee ones like Swords/Hammer/Lance) are already done to death by other characters, though I wouldn't say that should count completely against them.

As for stage, I'm genuinely surprised the arena you fight Rathalos in doesn't have a playable multiplayer variant. If it's DLC, it could easily include other monsters.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
> Cheat on wife with Ross' ex-wife
> Dress up as Sailor Mercury
> get caught for years of sending nudes to fans
> "Hopefully I don't get caught in the future!"

Okay I'm upset about what's going down with ProJared because I thought he was a decent guy even if I didn't watch his content or really know him too well...

But also, HOLY **** YOU RESURRECTED

osby

Smash Obsessed
Jared **** vs. Thanos ****? Wow, I'm really proud that the Russo Brothers came together for some real good LGBT representation.
Dunno man, they just did "men are allowed to mention they have dead, male partners". Anything more than that would be blatant, shameless pandering.

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
Dunno man, they just did "men are allowed to mention they have dead, male partners". Anything more than that would be blatant, shameless pandering.
What's up guys it's QuarterAwakening74 here, about to talk about Jared **** VS. Thanos ****, I think the forced diversity is a little much, like why make a gay Thanos the main character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom