• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Quick reminder for y'all

Not *clap* everything *clap* is *clap* a *clap* Smash *clap* tease *clap*

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Something I've been thinking about regarding Super Mario Maker 2.

The reveal trailer has the Super Mario World Overworld theme running throughout, even changing styles to accommodate the Level Themes shown, with the sole exception being playing the Super Mario 3D World theme for a bit to highlight the game style's presence.

I'm wondering if that'll actually be a feature of the game itself, like... the trailers for the original Super Mario Maker didn't do this, notably so, in fact. They generally had one song (almost always the SMB Overworld theme) over the trailers, which would remain static regardless of shown game style.

It's something worth considering that we might actually get a choice of BGM in this Mario Maker, which includes the BGM of other Mario games (say, for example, using the SMB3 overworld theme instead of the SMB1 overworld theme in the SMB style).

We know that the SMW Athletic theme is in the game, which unless it's tied to specific level themes like the Sky backdrop, would mean you'd have to have a way of selecting it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Something I've been thinking about regarding Super Mario Maker 2.

The reveal trailer has the Super Mario World Overworld theme running throughout, even changing styles to accommodate the Level Themes shown, with the sole exception being playing the Super Mario 3D World theme for a bit to highlight the game style's presence.

I'm wondering if that'll actually be a feature of the game itself, like... the trailers for the original Super Mario Maker didn't do this, notably so, in fact. They generally had one song (almost always the SMB Overworld theme) over the trailers, which would remain static regardless of shown game style.

It's something worth considering that we might actually get a choice of BGM in this Mario Maker, which includes the BGM of other Mario games (say, for example, using the SMB3 overworld theme instead of the SMB1 overworld theme in the SMB style).

We know that the SMW Athletic theme is in the game, which unless it's tied to specific level themes like the Sky backdrop, would mean you'd have to have a way of selecting it.
man it's ****ing wild that mario maker 2 comes out next month and we know jack **** about it

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
By the way, while I've been snoopingas around the site before I came back, I just so happen to come across this.

This **** is why people come over to this thread and this thread alone, I swear lmao
Oh come on.

Who doesn't want a NIKKY HOME Decorative SIgn? Look man it's got four and a half stars.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
smgdh
smash fans really are something and that something isnt good
Just saying yo. That tease from last year in March was a direct call back to Smash 64. Even if these two cases have nothing to do with each other.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Alright it's time to, like.

Forage for food and stuff.

In my house.

House-foraging.

Real wilderness living here.

Send Wendy's.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
MS "rep" is less a given, more of a gut feeling for most. I think it's dumb calling it that to begin with when Banjo is strictly Rare/wanted entirely for N64 nostalgia.

The only thing I'd be genuinely surprised in not getting is another Capcom character. Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones and staindgrey staindgrey stanning Resident Evil aside, I think Monster Hunter getting more content in this game makes perfect sense (I think there's no way we don't get back the Smash 4 costumes).

The best part is all the content dropping alongside it writes itself. All the missing Mii costumes + new ones (Ghosts'n Goblins, Strider, etc.), Spirits of other Capcom franchises (Ace Attorney, Okami, Viewtiful Joe) and new music tracks for whatever stage they add. I can't lie in that I'd lose my **** if we got DMC anything. Even a boomer Dante Mii costume and/or some songs would be amazing.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
MS "rep" is less a given, more of a gut feeling for most. I think it's dumb calling it that to begin with when Banjo is strictly Rare/wanted entirely for N64 nostalgia.

The only thing I'd be genuinely surprised in not getting is another Capcom character. Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones and staindgrey staindgrey stanning Resident Evil aside, I think Monster Hunter getting more content in this game makes perfect sense (I think there's no way we don't get back the Smash 4 costumes).

The best part is all the content dropping alongside it writes itself. All the missing Mii costumes + new ones (Ghosts'n Goblins, Strider, etc.), Spirits of other Capcom franchises (Ace Attorney, Okami, Viewtiful Joe) and new music tracks for whatever stage they add. I can't lie in that I'd lose my **** if we got DMC anything. Even a boomer Dante Mii costume and/or some songs would be amazing.
>ace attorney
>as mii costumes

i want phoedea wright, but not this badly

KMDP

Smash Legend
man it's ****ing wild that mario maker 2 comes out next month and we know jack **** about it
We actually know quite a lot (enough for Gamexplain to have done at least an hour or two on what's been shown of the game).

It's just it could be scratching the surface.

The Mario Maker iceberg.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

If Dante get in, Donte should be a Mii Costume.

Come on samurai, you know what the fans want.:ultswordfighter::ultganondorf:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

eat my [i'm still salty that that ****'s even infraction worthy to begin with considering that it's obvious ****ing sarcasm and "oh no if younger users see someone saying the (censored) fword it'll look bad and toxic uwu" like bruh don't give me that **** this whole thread should be banned if that's the case] [female dog]
1557415275018.png

1557415298039.png

1557415331162.png

starbucks coffee cup is in boys
another inanimate object? goddammit sakurai, when are you gonna get creative

D

Deleted member

Anyways, I think a Microsoft rep has a pretty decent chance of happening but I wouldn't bet my house on it. Nintendo certainly has been more chummy with MS lately, and from the perspective of marketing it would make sense to have a more western focused pick right after (presumably) Erdrick to convince everybody to get the pass. The three front runners all have their own merits for getting in and Nintendo has stated that they want to draw in new audiences with DLC. What better way to do that then getting a character from an entirely opposing company?
At the same time, language barrier is definitely hard to ignore with how much Sakurai likes to directly talk with third parties, it make communications far more difficult. Plus, only Steve really has any popularity in homeland Japan, Banjo isn't as popular and Chief even less so, and Japan is still ultimately the target audience here. Wouldn't be the first time a Western third party got real friendly with Nintendo but didn't get into smash considering Ubisoft.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
>ace attorney
>as mii costumes

i want phoedea wright, but not this badly
Mii costume is thinking too small. Clearly we'll get Monster Hunter with their taunts being like Joker w/Morgana, except it's felyne instead and in various outfits.

D

Deleted member

more like my obvious sarcasm amirite fellas
View attachment 218164

ok but fr fr if sarcastically telling toaster to eat my fword bword (y'know, like the popular meme) in response to him sarcastically saying **** you ***** is a 2-pointer then i can point out at least 3 or so times in the past week where half the thread should've been thanos banned to prevent overthreadpopulation

but hey what do i know
View attachment 218167
i'm simply a prior offender
1557415698370.png

1557415724327.png

I wouldn't bet my house on it.
when account bets go too far

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Mii costume is thinking too small. Clearly we'll get Monster Hunter with their taunts being like Joker w/Morgana, except it's felyne instead and in various outfits.
more seriously, i do rate MH's chances pretty highly as a capcom rep because of rathalos, though i do wonder if sakurai would think that the rathalos costume is 'enough' of a MH fighter rep, given its closed helmet and the MH player character's status as a blank slate avatar

we'd also need the current MH music to be resorted into its own franchise and so taken off the 'other'-themed stages like ice climbers/find mii, which is easy enough but it'd be a little weird

D

Deleted member

Imagine if Microsoft just announces their own Smash game.
Not only does the game actually look good and **** all over PSASBR, but it has Master Chief, Steve and Banjo, meaning those three will never actually join Smash. Joining them you've also got Gears of War Guy and some Rare characters.

And then, when the screen turns black and we think it's over, we see some white circles appear on the screen

James Bond joins the battle in Microsoft's Micro Mashing.
Smash is dead.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
more seriously, i do rate MH's chances pretty highly as a capcom rep because of rathalos, though i do wonder if sakurai would think that the rathalos costume is 'enough' of a MH fighter rep, given its closed helmet and the MH player character's status as a blank slate avatar
Didn't stop :ultvillager::ultvillagerf: from making the cut.

it's those big meaty thighs
fqei5tfg1al21.jpg

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I fall on side of those who believe a Microsoft character is quite likely. Simply because:

-Microsoft and Nintendo have a very amicable relationship as companies. While there's no huge collaborations between them, there's subtle stuff (and lots of rumors, too) that pushes me to this idea.

-Such a character making it to Smash would be huge. This probably goes without saying, but Microsoft in Smash would a big surprise and major reveal to non-speculating folk.

-And it just feels right. The time is now. Ultimate is the biggest Smash yet, in every way. There's no better time to seize the elusive Western 3rd party for Smash.

D

Deleted member

why are we deluding ourselves into believing that there are characters after joker

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Anyway as a direct result of the KFC Mashed Potato conversation from last night I’m about to go get lunch there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom