• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Imagine you and your opponent are down to your last stocks. You break their shield. You charge up a smash attack.

A Bob-Omb falls into your oncoming Smash Attack and kills you.

That's why items have no business in competitive play.
Im all for items play but yeah, this would piss me off in a tourny

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
It's fine. Honestly, the memes don't do Xenoblade 2 justice.

Though, my problem is that by design Nia is the healer. Wulfric kicked *** when on her, but Nia should not be kicking ***. I need someone dedicated on support so I can comfortably attack.
Honestly Rex was my healer for a large part, dropping health options every second

D

Deleted member

Honestly Rex was my healer for a large part, dropping health options every second
I use Rex as a back-up in case we get critically low or Nia starts slacking. He has about one healer and two attack blades (one being Pyra with anchor shot).

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Oh, Snakefighter is defending Items in Competitive?
DarkFawful.gif

Let me Just fly out of here before I get too salty

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay, just as a kind of for fun thing, I decided to do some theory crafting for Items On Smash's hypothetical tier list.

Basically, the idea behind this is that faster character = better.

The thing is, there are three kinds of speed in Smash: Ground Speed, Air Speed and Fall Speed.

The top 10 Ground Speeds are as follows:
  1. Sonic (by a wide margin)
  2. Captain Falcon
  3. Little Mac
  4. Sheik
  5. Fox
  6. Zero Suit Samus
  7. Greninja
  8. Mewtwo
  9. Charizard and Ridley
The top 10 Air Speeds are as follows
  1. Yoshi
  2. Jigglypuff
  3. Mewtwo
  4. Roy and Chrom
  5. Wolf and Lucario
  6. Wario
  7. Zero Suit Samus
  8. Greninja
Captain Falcon, Sonic and Little Mac are still pretty high up in the rankings for Air Speed.​
The top 10 Fall Speeds (Fast Fallers) are as follows
  1. Fox
  2. King Dedede, Little Mac and Piranha Plant
  3. Mii Brawler
  4. Pichu
  5. Captain Falcon
  6. Simon, Richter and Greninja
The top three characters in Items On Smash are easily Sonic, Little Mac and Captain Falcon, in that order. Greninja, Fox, Mewtwo and Zero Suit Samus would also excel also placing in more than one Top 10.

The Speedy Kids.

D

Deleted member

Literally the return in general and the fact I had a like : post ratio of ****ing 9:1.
smh you said you were saving it until e3

can't believe you blew a big damn heroes moment, this is so sad

D

Deleted member

people really do be defending items in competetive play huh

look at nintendo's online tournament where they had items on and tell me that ****'s fair or fun to watch in any way

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
tired kawakami_censored.png

Mornin' all.

Ain't nobody gonna read this much **** that wasn't directly tagged but **** it, I'm making you scroll past a Kawakami image, I've already won.

LOL

But really I'm like this with most food. . .most MEAL food, anyway, I have far less restraint on sugary treats.
tenor.gif

Aw.

But what about, like...spicy foods? Or savory?

If a pizza has basil as an ingredient I immediately feel disraught upon biting into it and like a perfectly good pizza was ruined, and I consistently decline to have barbecue sauce with my steak because I prefer the meat and applied spices to speak for themselves.
That one I can understand. I like some basil as a flavoring from time to time - used to grow my own, that was the good stuff there - but I ain't so sure I'd run it on pizza either. I'll run peppers, mushrooms, or onions for specific combos but overall when it comes to pizza I'm really more of a meat-and-cheese-ivore and will pile it high with whatever options are available to me in that regard.

Not that that's restricted to pizza. See also: J.J. Gargantuan.

Which I could really go for right about now...friggin wasps.

Although that last one had me accidentally denying myself a lot of flavor for a while as a kid too because my family is modestly Christian and there's this weird phenomenon with Christian families to where they fixate on this one particular spot in the Old Testament that says you can't eat meat with blood in it and lowkey interpret it as having to cook all meat Well Done all the time because "WHAT IF I EAT MEAT WITH BLOOD IN IT AND THEN JESUS DOESN'T LOVE ME?"

So long story short I've been gradually weaning myself onto rarer and rarer cuts as an adult every time my family takes me to a steakhouse or makes individual steaks at home while my mother tolerates it but repeatedly makes concerned mildly disgusted comments.
I mean that's a new one on me, but I've heard enough ludicrous Bible interpretations that this honestly doesn't phase me anymore. Still disappointed, but unphased. I'm just sorry you gotta deal with it.

Glad you're able to explore despite that though. I feel like a good medium rare is kind of a glorious thing.

Steaks is honestly one of those things I really wanna get better at cooking myself - partly because I owe my dad at least two hand-cooked steaks now, one for a car and one for a birthday gift, and partly because it's steak and it's delicious - but I really need some good old-fashioned practice, and it's kind of a pain to get my hands on steaks on the regular.

By which I mean I'd have to, like...leave my house.

Hermit life really just gonna sneak up on me like that is it? Dammit.

No one would pick a character they know nothing about though.
I've seen people run those picks for the surprise factor - it's true they can't exploit the new character's tools to their fullest, but their opponent can potentially be taken completely aback by the matchup if there's a tool their main has trouble dealing with in the newcomer's kit.

It sure as hell ain't happening there though because trying to figure out a new character on the fly doesn't just lead to the kind of gameplay that would make for the absolute least hype reveal in existence, it leads to getting your ass handed to you on perhaps the most visible Smash tournament possible if your opponent's got reasonable fundamentals and functioning thumbs.

I still maintain that we shouldn’t be able to turn off items and the only stages that should be illegal are Final Destination and Battlefield.

I know, people want options. But people playing like that feels, to me, like they’re not playing the whole game.

Nah fam we're just gonna leave that one alone.

Also would this E3 be the one where we could see a potential follow up for Zelda Breath of the Wild? I know the game released 2017 and it's first trailer released in 2014, but with the mass experience of the Zelda team with Breath of the Wild, as well as it's very likely that a sequel / prequel would use the same engine, a next game following it's direction shouldn't take that long to create, am I right?
The obvious argument is that they've got the re-release of Link's Awakening to tide people over and they're gonna ride that Wind Fish for all it's worth, but as far as what you're asking:

Having an engine's great, having time to optimize it is even better, but the assets for a game world like that alone probably has years left in development. Money says that while they could pull a Majora's Mask situation, they won't; once you get to the kind of open-world go-anywhere exploration that BotW did it's difficult to offer anything else without raising the stakes, topography-wise, and that's an awful lot of grass to paint. I'm still not sure how they're gonna pull it off on the next go, but I know it'll take time to do.

Other than that you can look at the history of the mainline non-remake console titles since MM if you want a good indication of how long you're gonna be holding your breath. The dev time between MM, WW, TP, SS, and BotW averages about five years a pop. For those counting, we're in year two. I can see it taking more time, but I can't see it taking less, even with outside assistance from Monolith; remember that they helped out with the landscapes in BotW too, and we still had a six year gap between it and SS.

We get to 2022, then it's worth talking about the next Zelda following a BotW mold. Otherwise they're going to aim for something closer to the handheld titles, or remakes, as it's been for awhile now.

> 23 alerts

Guys. I JUST woke up.
Eyyyyyy.

Welcome back, Tots.

If I had a dollar for every time someone posted this exact picture on this thread, I could retire in 22.
In 22 what?

Interested parties are asking. Years, days, minutes, what're we talkin here.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
***** please. In my first post, I got a like ratio of 10:1. Shame it went downhill after that.
Well, you see, having this ratio can have serious side affects. It's not as pleasant as you think.

They don't treat you like a friend, they treat you like an i t e m.

Sometimes I wish I can be more than just an accessory to these people, but as a gamer, I don't get respect.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Peter is right and he should say it.

I like to headcanon that MCU Peter is just, like, literally every other teenager of our current generation, where he'll call out capitalism for its cannibalistic nature of using other humans as mere tools for one's personal gain and then 5 seconds later say something like this
This is why I absolutely hate teenagers of this generation and I’ll do whatever I can to stop more kids from growing into those monsters.

D

Deleted member

Peter is right and he should say it.

I like to headcanon that MCU Peter is just, like, literally every other teenager of our current generation, where he'll call out capitalism for its cannibalistic nature of using other humans as mere tools for one's personal gain and then 5 seconds later say something like this
why can i hear this in holland's voice so clearly

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
This is why I absolutely hate teenagers of this generation and I’ll do whatever I can to stop more kids from growing into those monsters.
Careful Snake.

You keep talking crotchety like that and Imma sign you up for AARP.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, you see, having this ratio can have serious side affects. It's not as pleasant as you think.

They don't treat you like a friend, they treat you like an i t e m.

Sometimes I wish I can be more than just an accessory to these people, but as a gamer, I don't get respect.

Well you see, it's a memer pad, not many does see it though because I get blocked so frequently, but that's OK.

D

Deleted member

listen snake

in this world it's either grow to be a monster

or be yeeted off a cliff for the soul stone

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom