• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Here is the E3 Nintendo schedule!
A New Nintendo Direct will be played on E3 in 9 AM PT or 12 PM ET on June 11!
Cant wait to not see Animal Crossing, its gonna be great

D

Deleted member

Damn it. No Smash direct. I'm concerned, to say the least.

D

Deleted member

So it’s actualy happening huh?
CEFB4B74-4DF8-4ACF-83F2-C4C74D3A6681.jpeg

“See you at e3 everyone!”
Hmmm... I think I'll be able able to watch it live...

This is it, guys! We're finnaly gonna find out who Brave is, after about half a year of speculation (Spoiler alert: It's Erdrick, duh. Who else would it be?)
I mean it could be anyone we just have to wait and see. Of course the name fits erdrick but the stats idk

KMDP

Smash Legend
Great news.

For people like myself who live in the UK or Europe, 9 AM PT/12 PM ET is 17:00 BST or 18:00 CEST.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Damn it. No Smash direct. I'm concerned, to say the least.
Last E3 didn't have a Smash direct, and despite that, pretty much half of the direct was Smash.

We are going to get Smash news, don't worry.
Great news.

For people like myself who live in the UK or Europe, 9 AM PT/12 PM ET is 17:00 BST or 18:00 CEST.
Good ****, hope there isn't something happening that day at that hour for me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Jontron ****ed up, but he apologized quite awhile ago right? Not only that, but he hasn't done anything like it since? If so, yeah, he should be in the clear now indeed
Yeah, he ****ed up, he said sorry and hasnt ****ed up since then. And hes on a roll with his videos, ****ing love em

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
>smash tournament before the direct, when a tournament would be the optimum time to spice things up with a new just-revealed character

Kasumi Doubt.PNG

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
>smash tournament before the direct, when a tournament would be the optimum time to spice things up with a new just-revealed character

View attachment 218175
Well, think about it.

People would want to play as the new character, right?

This would unfairly sway the results of the tournament off because anyone playing the new character(s) would be at an inherent disadvantage.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They're following the more or less Competitive rule of not including content players hadn't had to to adjust to

Damn, good **** Nintendo, now turn off items please
I still maintain that we shouldn’t be able to turn off items and the only stages that should be illegal are Final Destination and Battlefield.

I know, people want options. But people playing like that feels, to me, like they’re not playing the whole game.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If we don't get Smash news??

Some of y'all are high.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
solution: make the new character steve

approximately half the competitors will be so repulsed that they don't pick him out of principle; the other half will either pick him for fun or the memes

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, think about it.

This would unfairly sway the results of the tournament off because anyone playing the new character(s) would be at an inherent disadvantage.
What if we just made them obsecenely overpowered?

Problem solved with no consequences.

Absolutely none.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
My top 3 chars for Smash are:
  • Shrek (obviously, his moveset is basically an easy peasy one)
  • Steve (you could do a million things with him)
  • Geno

D

Deleted member

View attachment 218172

you can't just go exposing our plans to lace the modmins' drinks with the contents of sleeping pills like that, faygo
pff yeah

but i'm not talking about like

aaa go kasu
i cant even 3.0.gif
go sumi aaaa
RIP Kasumi.gif
yeah kasumi smash brothers let's go
i cant even 2.0.gif
jane persona hairbones oh my goddd
what I have done like edition 2.gif
i cant even 3.0.gif
RIP Kasumi.gif

i'm talking about like

when people get horny with it

**** ain't right
what have you done.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Because Xenoblade 2 is not an amazing by itself?
I love the story and characters for the most part, but I have some issues that prevent it from being a 9/10.
  • Learning how to play the actual game is uncomfortable. They try to throw everything at you at once when it's not relevant while also throwing in the important info occasionally. There's no actual tutorial for the most part so you can't just practice specific parts of the game. I ended up understanding how to actually fight at around Chapter 3... That's not good.
  • Exploration can be a ***** at first, too. Worlds are massive and layouts can be complex. I think a lot of people remember my tirade over how I got lost finding Fonsa Myma for almost two hours. Same **** happened to me again in Tantal where I couldn't find the pathway to get to the lower level until I looked up a let's play.
  • Blades are practically locked to characters. This is a big problem when it comes to rare blades because maybe the healer rare blade shouldn't go onto Zeke. Now overdrives are an item that can switch blades onto other characters, but they're rare and come in limited supply. They really should have just let us switch blades onto other characters without a need for an overdrive. When I made a mistake and put Wulfric onto Nia, I realized I wasted a core crystal for a most part.
  • My biggest problem with the story is that it feels like the spotlight is fighting between a story that happened 500 years ago and the story that's happening right now. Chapter 5 was just explaining back story for the most part. It's fine when it's to build Pyra/Mythra's character, but for Fan, Malos, or Jin, I'm just like, "Why isn't there a game about these guys if the Torna story is so important? Oh wait! There is."
  • I flat out dislike overworld blade abilities. When I have to use Ancient Wisdom to progress but don't have enough levels to open up the pathway, I'm now having to detour to either find a rare blade that does or level up someone's ancient wisdom stats. It's practically forcing me to use a mechanic that's otherwise harmless.
Now don't get me wrong. I like the game. I would not have put over 35 hours into it if I didn't enjoy it. But I wouldn't call this game amazing. At least right now. I'm on Chapter 7 and things are starting to pick up because Counterattack is starting to become my battle theme.

• Last E3 didn't have a Smash direct, and despite that, pretty much half of the direct was Smash.
    We are going to get Smash news, don't worry.

Good ****, hope there isn't something happening that day at that hour for me.
Yeah I believe you. It's just that it hurts the chances of two newcomers being revealed at once. I know half of the last E3 direct was dedicated to Ultimate, but I just don't know what Nintendo plans for this one. A smash direct would have made two newcomers a near certainty

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I love the story and characters for the most part, but I have some issues that prevent it from being a 9/10.
  • The tutorial is incredibly uncomfortable. They try to throw everything at you at once when it's not relevant while also throwing in the important info occasionally. There's no actual tutorial for the most part so you can't just practice specific parts of the game. I ended up understanding how to actually fight at around Chapter 3... That's not good.
  • Exploration can be a ***** at first, too. Worlds are massive and layouts can be complex. I think a lot of people remember my tirade over how I got lost finding Fonsa Myma for almost two hours. Same **** happened to me again in Tantal where I couldn't find the pathway to get to the lower level until I looked up a let's play.
  • Blades are practically locked to characters. This is a big problem when it comes to rare blades because maybe the healer rare blade shouldn't go onto Zeke. Now overdrives are an item that can switch blades onto other characters, but they're rare and come in limited supply. They really should have just let us switch blades onto other characters. When I made a mistake and put Wulfric onto Nia, I realized I wasted a core crystal for a most part.
  • My biggest problem with the story is that it feels like the spotlight is fighting between a story that happened 500 years ago and the story that's happening right now. Chapter 5 was just explaining back story for the most part. It's fine when it's to build Pyra/Mythra's character, but for Fan, Malos, or Jin, I'm just like, "Why isn't there a game about these guys if the Torna story is so important? Oh wait! There is."
  • I flat out dislike overworld blade abilities. When I have to use Ancient Wisdom to progress but don't have enough levels to open up the pathway, I'm now having to detour to either find a rare blade that does or level up someone's ancient wisdom stats. It's practically forcing me to use a mechanic that's otherwise harmless.
Now don't get me wrong. I like the game. I would not have put over 35 hours into it if I didn't enjoy it. But I wouldn't call this game amazing. At least right now. I'm on Chapter 7 and things are starting to pick up because Counterattack is starting to become my battle theme.

Yeah I believe you. It's just that it hurts the chances of two newcomers being revealed at once. I know half of the last E3 direct was dedicated to Ultimate, but I just don't know what Nintendo plans for this one.
Smash 4 had 3 characters revealed per E3, Ultimate "only" had Ridley & Daisy to show off (and Inkling in a sense), but the "EVERYONE IS HERE" was a big announcement that brough back characters that didn't come back in 4 or before, so there was technically alot of characters revealed there.

While it's impossible to tell for sure what Nintendo have under it's hat, I say chill out, temper your expactation, see what happened, and who know, you might be surprised in a good way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash 4 had 3 characters revealed per E3, Ultimate "only" had Ridley & Daisy to show off (and Inkling in a sense), but the "EVERYONE IS HERE" was a big announcement that brough back characters that didn't come back in 4 or before, so there was technically alot of characters revealed there.

While it's impossible to tell for sure what Nintendo have under it's hat, I say chill out, temper your expactation, see what happened, and who know, you might be surprised in a good way.
I'll admit, it's hard to temper my expectations when I know that there's a chance Banjo could actually be revealed at E3.

But yeah, at minimum, we're getting one newcomer. Most likely Erdrick

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
  • Learning how to play the actual game is uncomfortable. They try to throw everything at you at once when it's not relevant while also throwing in the important info occasionally. There's no actual tutorial for the most part so you can't just practice specific parts of the game. I ended up understanding how to actually fight at around Chapter 3... That's not good.
  • Blades are practically locked to characters. This is a big problem when it comes to rare blades because maybe the healer rare blade shouldn't go onto Zeke. Now overdrives are an item that can switch blades onto other characters, but they're rare and come in limited supply. They really should have just let us switch blades onto other characters without a need for an overdrive. When I made a mistake and put Wulfric onto Nia, I realized I wasted a core crystal for a most part.

Yeah I believe you. It's just that it hurts the chances of two newcomers being revealed at once. I know half of the last E3 direct was dedicated to Ultimate, but I just don't know what Nintendo plans for this one. A smash direct would have made two newcomers a near certainty
I understand your complaints. Your wording made it seem like you didn't like the game at all so I was a bit on edge.
Personally I wasn't bothered by most of what you said (Nia with Wulfric kicked every ass on my first playthrough)

It is true that Torna is a lot better though.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
if we get smash content but no dedicated direct, my prediction remains 1 newcomer + 1 echo (octoling or someone) to kickstart the idea of individual echo DLC - e3 2015 had 3 fighters, but two of those were nevertheless veterans (one pre-announced in april); characters that don't have anything close to the same weight as completely original newcomers.

D

Deleted member

damn random people i've never met before really do just be shouting slurs at me don't they

:cheep::halfsheep::emptysheep:

D

Deleted member

I understand your complaints. Your wording made it seem like you didn't like the game at all so I was a bit on edge.
Personally I wasn't bothered by most of what you said (Nia with Wulfric kicked every *** on my first playthrough)

It is true that Torna is a lot better though.
It's fine. Honestly, the memes don't do Xenoblade 2 justice.

Though, my problem is that by design Nia is the healer. Wulfric kicked ass when on her, but Nia should not be kicking ass. I need someone dedicated on support so I can comfortably attack.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So apparently, some people are seeing Rayman frozen in the ice on Battlefield...

People are looking too hard, I swear

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I still maintain that we shouldn’t be able to turn off items and the only stages that should be illegal are Final Destination and Battlefield.

I know, people want options. But people playing like that feels, to me, like they’re not playing the whole game.
Well, in this context, it's a competition. Things like items and crazy stages are disruptive and unbalanced and don't allow the most skillful player to come out on top. If a random, completely unbalanced item system was in a game like mortal kombat, they would remove it for tournaments. Most people play casually, so it's not like everyone is missing out on what the game has to offer

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So it’s actualy happening huh?
View attachment 218174
“See you at e3 everyone!”

I mean it could be anyone we just have to wait and see. Of course the name fits erdrick but the stats idk
Why is Banjo suddenly likely for E3 reveal? And what are the leaked stats of "Brave"?

Also would this E3 be the one where we could see a potential follow up for Zelda Breath of the Wild? I know the game released 2017 and it's first trailer released in 2014, but with the mass experience of the Zelda team with Breath of the Wild, as well as it's very likely that a sequel / prequel would use the same engine, a next game following it's direction shouldn't take that long to create, am I right?

I'm focussing on Zelda now because it's still very unlikely that there's gonna be a new DKC game, especially not made by Retro, because they probably needed all their team, effort and resources in making Metroid Prime 4 up from scratch again.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, in this context, it's a competition. Things like items and crazy stages are disruptive and unbalanced and don't allow the most skillful player to come out on top. If a random, completely unbalanced item system was in a game like mortal kombat, they would remove it for tournaments. Most people play casually, so it's not like everyone is missing out on what the game has to offer
A truly skilled player, imo, should be able to master the random elements as well.

Also, stop impersonating Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen . You’re not fit to scrub her eldritch tentacles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

if we get smash content but no dedicated direct, my prediction remains 1 newcomer + 1 echo (octoling or someone) to kickstart the idea of individual echo DLC - e3 2015 had 3 fighters, but two of those were nevertheless veterans (one pre-announced in april); characters that don't have anything close to the same weight as completely original newcomers.
I don't think anything points to echo DLC, though. We have no circumstantial evidence for it and the five fighters take up enough time as is for Sakurai. I think it's more believable that we get Newcomer #2 fully playable, and then they show off Newcomer #3, who's in a playable test build like with Piranha Plant, who took three months to finish after reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom