• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay so are deleted scenes in movies still considered canon or events that actually happened? Cause I found this scene of Strange healing a dog and one of the big criticisms of the movie (Doctor Strange) is that Strange felt like an irredeemable A-Hole whereas in this scene it fleshed out his redeemable side a bit more.

Also here's the scene I'm talking about:
It's really cute.
I consider the scene that Ragnarok had to remove because they wanted the movie to be more straight canon so yeah

D

Deleted member

The nightmare had me come home seeing him hurt with one of his ears ripped off
My condolences. Make sure to give the cat as much support as you can, even if it was a nightmare. I hope things get better for you and the cat!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I love doing these edits tbh

Should I try tagging everyone in this? Eh probably not :p
@everyone
Included some cameos as well because, hey, why not?

And with that... I may finally rest...
Noice I made it. I am a planet! (Hope its not the moon, damn eggman)

D

Deleted member

Okay so are deleted scenes in movies still considered canon or events that actually happened? Cause I found this scene of Strange healing a dog and one of the big criticisms of the movie (Doctor Strange) is that Strange felt like an irredeemable A-Hole whereas in this scene it fleshed out his redeemable side a bit more.

It's really cute.
Why did they delete it?

D

Deleted member

Why did they delete it?
I do not know it fits great within the movie but I assume it's to shorten the length of the movie which I don't really get cause I would watch a 3 hour Doctor Strange movie.

Flesh Kaecillius out more, Do more with Dormammu and include this scene I think a good chunk of the criticisms would be handled. Anyways I think it's cause they wanted to keep the movie shorter.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Because they wanted the movie to be more straight? What does that even mean?

Well I get what it means but why?
Because the MCU are cowards and don't want to lose homophobe's money despite literally being the biggest movie franchise of the current age. Valkyrie would have been implied to be bisexual but Taika Waititi and Tessa Thompson were told the scen couldn't be used despite being 20 seconds long
Why did they delete it?
Often time it's time constraints, Black Panther had 4 hours of footage and they want to cut down on fluff to make the movie easier to stomach for people at the cinema. Ragnarok is an exception because it was planned to be shorter because Waititi had said he feels these kind of movies feel a bit long sometimes but the excellent improvised jokes were too good to cut

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
What the **** is this cereal leak I see being spouted around?

Did someone leak something eating cereal? Was it on a cereal box? Was a bowl of cereal on the leak? Was it good cereal?

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I think it's supposed to be tempering expectations. Like, "YES, but not in the way you think." Or "YES, but don't expect double the cast."

Or, "YES, and my copywriter is a pretentious ****."

Many possibilities really.
It's likely because they literally translated it. In Japanese daily speech, you add a lot of filler words to not sound blunt and rude.

That sounds very weird when you try to translate word-for-word, like how most fan subs do.
Okay, so I appreciate you guys trying to clarify, but I must confess:

I've spent a good chunk of my life learning Japanese. I truly don't mean to condescend, but I'm familiar with the awkward translations it can bring. I'm just fascinated that, out of the whole section of statements, that one was phrased as a hypothetical question.

It's such a strange statement that I find it very amusing. :185:

D

Deleted member

Probably because time management and it didn't really add anything to plot.
I do not know it fits great within the movie but I assume it's to shorten the length of the movie which I don't really get cause I would watch a 3 hour Doctor Strange movie.

Flesh Kaecillius out more, Do more with Dormammu and include this scene I think a good chunk of the criticisms would be handled. Anyways I think it's cause they wanted to keep the movie shorter.
Oh, makes sense. Thanks you.
Often time it's time constraints, Black Panther had 4 hours of footage and they want to cut down on fluff to make the movie easier to stomach for people at the cinema. Ragnarok is an exception because it was planned to be shorter because Waititi had said he feels these kind of movies feel a bit long sometimes but the excellent improvised jokes were too good to cut
Why can't there be more movies like Ragnarok?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Did someone leak something eating cereal? Was it on a cereal box? Was a bowl of cereal on the leak? Was it good cereal?
I bet this loser puts his leak in before the cereal like some maniac.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Pay no heed to it. It was a leak of a bunch of different things that someone in a discoed made up and posted to 4chan. They came out and said they made it all up.

The cereal part of the leak was because it said Tetris would be teaming up with lucky charms for Tetris themed cereal

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Something something Tetris cereal.

Something something sack of ****.

Okay, so I appreciate you guys trying to clarify, but I must confess:

I've spent a good chunk of my life learning Japanese. I truly don't mean to condescend, but I'm familiar with the awkward translations it can bring. I'm just fascinated that, out of the whole section of statements, that one was phrased as a hypothetical question.

It's such a strange statement that I find it very amusing. :185:
I honestly didn't realize it was a translation, though I should've.

It seemed like a statement someone would kinda trip over while they were figuring out how to temper expectations in a live interview, only to realize at the last second they'd kinda painted themselves in a corner with a binary YES/NO and go with the closer answer.

Could've happened in English too, y'know? All depends on who they sent out to be the face that day.

D

Deleted member

It's really cute.
Aw I would've loved this scene to be in the movie.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Persona 5 Royal news is here.
Nice.
Only thing is, Japan gets P5R in 2019 and we get it in 2020, and we are going to get spoiled. :p
I'll be honest... you don't very much play Persona for the plot twists, you play it more for the experience and execution. Inevitably some fan theory's gonna get everything right as more info is known and there'll effectively be no difference from experiencing it yourself.
Excuse me, what?
Some guy leaked tetris cereal.

Turned out to be some good guessing though.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So, with the release of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 coming in a couple months, what are some unconfirmed characters you really hope to see in the game? Here's some of mine.
- Psylocke
- X-23
- Mantis
- She-Hulk
- Peni Parker/SP//dr
- Link*
- Samus*

*Never going to happen..but its a pipe dream due to the original team wanting to include them in Marvel Ultimate Alliance on Wii..and, well, now Nintendo is publishing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3..

I'd also love to see these costumes..
- Spider-Man
--- Symbiote Suit
--- Scarlet Spider (Hoodie)
--- Iron Spider (Comics)
- X-23
--- 'Normal' Costume (see Marvel vs Capcom 3)
--- Laura's version of Wolverine
- Venom
--- Anti-Venom
- Captain Marvel
--- Ms. Marvel (Black Suit/Sash)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Persona 5 Royal news is here.
Nice.
Only thing is, Japan gets P5R in 2019 and we get it in 2020, and we are going to get spoiled. :p
I made it two months without getting spoiled for KH3.

I can make it twice or triple that time. :drifloon:

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, with the release of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 coming in a couple months, what are some unconfirmed characters you really hope to see in the game? Here's some of mine.
- Psylocke
- X-23
- Mantis
- She-Hulk
- Peni Parker/SP//dr
- Link*
- Samus*
Not particulary invested in the game but I'd love to see Robbie Reyes version of Ghost Rider making it in.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
See that **** doesn't even kind of equate, because what you're factoring in isn't just the labor cost and obvious care, but the fact that in the situation you've outlined it's almost certainly going to be a gift. For free. Which, by default, buying a game will not be.

If my friend expected me to pay for the big fancy cake, time and materials, and all I wanted was the $2 cookie I'd be fully justified telling em off a bit.

Then I'd probably still eat the cake.

C'mon, it's cake.

But how else are us nerds gonna get any sun?

He says at 1AM.
The way I try to think of it is hmm. . .

*tries to think up an analogy that properly sums up how I feel about video game criticism*

It's like paying $60 for a meal at a sit-in restaurant, but some of the individual food items weren't quite as good as at some slightly cheaper places and the wall decor feels a little hollow. You might have some issues, but screaming at the waiter is both a wildly overblown reaction and misaimed and going on an hour long fuming rant back at home both does nothing and just kind of makes you look like a weirdo. And even the people that made the meal were still human and at the mercy of both their own experience levels and the supplies and instructions they were given. The difference between a good meal and a lacking one can potentially boil down to the accumulated efforts and missteps of dozens or even hundreds of people depending on just far down the rabbit hole you want to go.

But for some reason a lot of people just kind of. . .dissociate from the process behind things.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
- Psylocke
- X-23
- Mantis
- She-Hulk
- Peni Parker/SP//dr
- Link*
- Samus*

*Never going to happen..but its a pipe dream due to the original team wanting to include them in Marvel Ultimate Alliance on Wii..and, well, now Nintendo is publishing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3..

I'd also love to see these costumes..
- Spider-Man
--- Symbiote Suit
--- Scarlet Spider (Hoodie)
--- Iron Spider (Comics)
- X-23
--- 'Normal' Costume (see Marvel vs Capcom 3)
--- Laura's version of Wolverine
- Venom
--- Anti-Venom
- Captain Marvel
--- Ms. Marvel (Black Suit/Sash)
Cyclops to get the X-Men a four man team, costume-wise I'd like to see Iron Spider for Spider-Man as well, along with Toxin for Venom.

why link

samus i can understand but link? dude, might as well bring black knight too.

also you forgot :falconmelee: and that's a sin
As she said, Link and Samus were intended to be in the Wii version of MUA. The development team behind the game wanted to have the two in as guest characters and even had gameplay showcased to Nintendo for their pitch, but it never got past that stage as Nintendo turned it down.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>playing TF2
>kid decides that he and only he can play medic
>me: "fine by me. I'll play engineeer."
>kid gets sacked as medic, decides to switch to engineer and tells me to switch
>me: "that's okay. I'll switch."
>switches to soldier
>kid gets sacked as engineer, switches to soldier and tells me to switch
>me: "....fine."
>we lose the match
>kid: "why do you suck so much?"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I like how multiple people mentioned the fact Link and Samus were gonna join in MUA1 but forgot to mention that the reason it didn't happen was because Nintendo didn't like what they showed of them... Because they showed Nintendo the PS2 version with Link and Samus

D

Deleted member

Finished my playthrough of Megaman X7, game is easier than what I remember but the ****ing bosses are just ass due to being bullet sponges and just having annoying patterns overall.

Megaman X is quite surprising to me, along with having a lot of the highs of the series it also has some of the worst Megaman games overall.

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The way I try to think of it is hmm. . .

*tries to think up an analogy that properly sums up how I feel about video game criticism*

It's like paying $60 for a meal at a sit-in restaurant, but some of the individual food items weren't quite as good as at some slightly cheaper places and the wall decor feels a little hollow. You might have some issues, but screaming at the waiter is both a wildly overblown reaction and misaimed and going on an hour long fuming rant back at home both does nothing and just kind of makes you look like a weirdo. And even the people that made the meal were still human and at the mercy of both their own experience levels and the supplies and instructions they were given. The difference between a good meal and a lacking one can potentially boil down to the accumulated efforts and missteps of dozens or even hundreds of people depending on just far down the rabbit hole you want to go.

But for some reason a lot of people just kind of. . .dissociate from the process behind things.
Absolutely, that's fair.

But that doesn't mean that if there's things you don't like about the meal specifically, you can't note that for em. That's what those customer satisfaction surveys are for. Well, that and free food. But mostly feedback.

Just means not to be a **** about it, y'know? Furious chain tweets get ignored, constructive and respectful criticism gets future improvements.

Unless you're EA or somethin.

ngyfc3qjg6x11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom