• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Hecc yes.

Back up people!

But it's at a normal time tomorrow because most people are asleep. I'm not even ashamed to ask for subscribers if you want to see the race. I probably won't be here tomorrow, so you all will have to watch it without me. 9 PM EST is when it airs, whether I'm here or not.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Wish that was me, but insomnia's been a ***** recently.
I feel you.

Heart honestly goes out, I hope it gets better for ya out there.

After two meh-horrible night, I can relate alot to this post.
My whole last week or so's been like that.

I think things are gonna get better in the next week or two, but it ain't been my call to now, so who's to say.

If I ended up being the voice of reason for all of that, it wouldn't look good on all ya :yoshi:
Y'know?

I don't think it coulda looked any worse, really.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
https://personacentral.com/persona-5-royal-details/

More details on P5R (this is not the news the website promised us, that's on Thursday)
Oh great easier XP and a bonus for OG P5 owners... kinda wish I could just jump into the new content or carry over my save data, but this is an alright compromise.

Also Maruki is 99.9999999999% the new bad guy, I can ****ing feel it.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I just tweeted about how I don’t like MK11’s Krypt and would prefer a simple shop. And that particular phrase made me feel really bad for some reason. Like, suddenly I felt like I was devaluing the work they put into this full recreation of Shang Tsung’s Island. I would love to explore this thing completely if the grind wasn’t so bad.

I don’t know, do you guys ever give criticism on a game and then feel kind of bad about it?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I don’t know, do you guys ever give criticism on a game and then feel kind of bad about it?
Nope not really.

11e8zh.jpg

Real short list of things that I feel guilty about if we're being honest. Mostly just stuff that hurts people directly. Game criticisms ain't on it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just tweeted about how I don’t like MK11’s Krypt and would prefer a simple shop. And that particular phrase made me feel really bad for some reason. Like, suddenly I felt like I was devaluing the work they put into this full recreation of Shang Tsung’s Island. I would love to explore this thing completely if the grind wasn’t so bad.

No. Why would I, criticism doesn't hurt anyone.

I would only feel bad if I drag a game in mud, then learn my criticism is invalid due to lack of understanding about how the game's been made.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Nope not really.

View attachment 217480

Real short list of things that I feel guilty about if we're being honest. Mostly just stuff that hurts people directly. Game criticisms ain't on it.
No. Why would I, criticism doesn't hurt anyone.

I would only feel bad if I drag a game in mud, then learn my criticism is invalid due to lack of understanding about how the game's been made.

I don’t know. I just, feel bad now. Like, imagine you make a really big fancy cake for your best friend, someone you care a lot for, and they tell you they don’t really like the cake and they’d have preferred a $2 cookie from the grocery store. You’d feel so invalidated. I feel like I did basically that.

I love how my empathy is randomly selective and it’s either 100% to far, or absolutely not enough

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Persona 5 Royal news is here.
Nice.
Only thing is, Japan gets P5R in 2019 and we get it in 2020, and we are going to get spoiled. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Maybe? IDK

I think with me I feel so leery about hurting someone's feelings that any feedback I have in the first place is mostly watered down to "hey the only reason I was able to think about this in the first place was because I liked this game, here's some cool things you could do in a sequel."

Except prompts telling you to put down your game to go outside and the freaking desert in White Knight Chronicles, but the former was pretty much a fad and was only actively debilitating to the enjoyment of the game in Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder (pulling up a non-closeable prompt for what feels like a minute every hour when doing a single task in a level takes 45 minutes? REALLY?!) and the latter is a criticism of a dead franchise.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don’t know. I just, feel bad now. Like, imagine you make a really big fancy cake for your best friend, someone you care a lot for, and they tell you they don’t really like the cake and they’d have preferred a $2 cookie from the grocery store. You’d feel so invalidated. I feel like I did basically that.

I love how my empathy is randomly selective and it’s either 100% to far, or absolutely not enough
It's nice to be thoughtful but game developers took your money for it, it's not a present. You are entitled to give criticism.

Dang, the amount of new content here is nuts. They're really going above and beyond with this.

Really hoping Kasumi is a fun character. I'm worried her one defining trait is gonna be having a crush on Joker, and that's all her character is.
I think she'll be fine. Lisa, Rise, Ryoji, Aegis and Marie also have a crush on their respective protags and regardless of how one feels about them, they're definitely well defined characters outside of it, too.

Well, okay, Ryoji and Marie maybe not that much, but Kasumi is a party member with a Confidant. We already know she has her own perspective and a few little quirks.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

The krypt itself is fun as a thing. The issue is the random lootbox mechanics for a lot of it and the large grind required for a lot of it.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

See that **** doesn't even kind of equate, because what you're factoring in isn't just the labor cost and obvious care, but the fact that in the situation you've outlined it's almost certainly going to be a gift. For free. Which, by default, buying a game will not be.

If my friend expected me to pay for the big fancy cake, time and materials, and all I wanted was the $2 cookie I'd be fully justified telling em off a bit.

Then I'd probably still eat the cake.

C'mon, it's cake.

prompts telling you to put down your game to go outside
But how else are us nerds gonna get any sun?

He says at 1AM.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
20 music tracks being added is great.

...but the phrase "between 'YES' and 'NO,' the answer is 'YES.'" is so pointlessly verbose I can't get over it.
I think it's supposed to be tempering expectations. Like, "YES, but not in the way you think." Or "YES, but don't expect double the cast."

Or, "YES, and my copywriter is a pretentious ****."

Many possibilities really.

The nightmare had me come home seeing him hurt with one of his ears ripped off
Oh geez, that's terrible.

giphy (25).gif

osby

Smash Obsessed
20 music tracks being added is great.

...but the phrase "between 'YES' and 'NO,' the answer is 'YES.'" is so pointlessly verbose I can't get over it.
It's likely because they literally translated it. In Japanese daily speech, you add a lot of filler words to not sound blunt and rude.

That sounds very weird when you try to translate word-for-word, like how most fan subs do.

D

Deleted member

I love doing these edits tbh
Should I try tagging everyone in this? Eh probably not :p
@everyone
Included some cameos as well because, hey, why not?

And with that... I may finally rest...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

@everyone

Finally, I am in one of those massive crossover pic.

My life is complete.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

@everyone

You can watch the sun rise on a grateful social thread.

D

Deleted member

@everyone

This is fantastic!
I'm Noobmaster69 confirmed. :mybodyisreggie:

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I think it's supposed to be tempering expectations. Like, "YES, but not in the way you think." Or "YES, but don't expect double the cast."

Or, "YES, and my copywriter is a pretentious ****."

Many possibilities really.

Oh geez, that's terrible.

View attachment 217483
Careful where you put those arms ghost boi...

*click* :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Okay so are deleted scenes in movies still considered canon or events that actually happened? Cause I found this scene of Strange healing a dog and one of the big criticisms of the movie (Doctor Strange) is that Strange felt like an irredeemable A-Hole whereas in this scene it fleshed out his redeemable side a bit more.

Also here's the scene I'm talking about:
It's really cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom