• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't care about who we get as a Microsoft rep as long as I enjoy the pick itself (I am pretty inclined for Steve since I love the idea of a Minecraft stage and his possible moveset).

However, DQ should totally be in Smash too.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
logical assumption: "nintendo doesn't drop characters at random outside of directs or E3"
nintendo, holding the entirety of joker:

1557258232944.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

something something unlisted youtube video
Inb4 the unlisted smash video is for Steve.
everything relates to smash
“Smash bros is is inevitable”

D

Deleted member

If Steve is in Smash Bros, I will probably shed a tear of joy.
The dream will be fulfilled, and I will be supper joyous.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Im Edrick Dragon Quest
What if I told you that we can easily get both Steve and a DQ Hero without one getting in over the other?

More so with the idea of a dual reveal at E3 growing bigger around Discord.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
...Man, couldn't you, or someone else say that before I post it on my DA? ;_;

Ah well, here you go.
View attachment 217292

You don't get it shiny.
Not quite what I meant :v See the arm that's bending? The pattern on his sleeve makes it seem like that's all his arm is. It's missing the shape that makes his outstretched arm as wide as it looks. Meanwhile, the bent one looks noodle-y, even though we know more or less it's not the case. I am sorry, lmao.

Oh yeah
Forgot about Sheba cause it’s sheba and forgot about herald cause I already happened to have the stuff so it took no time hahahaha
I only remember Sheba's because it's that damn easy to get her, but yeah it's Sheba, the worst character in the entire game.
Rex_Disgusted.jpg

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What if I told you that we can easily get both Steve and a DQ Hero without one getting in over the other?

More so with the idea of a dual reveal at E3 growing bigger around Discord.
I'd... save money :V

D

Deleted member

I'd... save money :V
In my case, I would use my Golden Points from MyNintendo on Eight/Erdrick.

I've waited for DQ in Smash since a long while, and hopefully this game is finally when I see it happening.

D

Deleted member

Nothing to see here, everybody. Just a normal picture of Marie. :drshrug:

Anyways, still not 100% on a dual reveal at E3. Mainly because that makes the timing for the last two super weird.

D

Deleted member

something something unlisted youtube video
BANJO CONFIRMED LADS
hang on

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
logical assumption: "nintendo doesn't drop characters at random outside of directs or E3"
nintendo, holding the entirety of joker:

View attachment 217299
I would absolutely not put it past them to make a Smash announcement outside of E3.

Remember that Pokemon Let's Go! was announced before E3. And assuming that all of their 2019 releases stay in 2019, they don't need Smash DLC to fill time in their E3 Direct. They could very easily decide to cater to their Smash fans before E3 rather than during to essentially get that news out of the way and focus more time on new titles.

There's also the idea that they could have two characters ready to go, meaning they could drop one pre-E3, then have a "one more thing" during E3 proper and have both characters playable in a floor demo.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
a dual reveal at e3 is the only way for my predicted schedule not to be blown wide open lol
missing an april reveal is minor with E3 right after but i'd have to go back to the drawing boards if there was only one E3 reveal

edit: oh yeah they shadow drop things now nvm lmao

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I would absolutely not put it past them to make a Smash announcement outside of E3.

Remember that Pokemon Let's Go! was announced before E3. And assuming that all of their 2019 releases stay in 2019, they don't need Smash DLC to fill time in their E3 Direct. They could very easily decide to cater to their Smash fans before E3 rather than during to essentially get that news out of the way and focus more time on new titles.

There's also the idea that they could have two characters ready to go, meaning they could drop one pre-E3, then have a "one more thing" during E3 proper and have both characters playable in a floor demo.
if there's one thing they've consistently shown, it's that sakurai doesn't give a **** about direct schedules this time

joker announced at VGA
piranha plant dropped days before his intended month of release
joker dropped out of nowhere in the middle of april

back in e3 2015, the smash news wasn't even directly connected to the e3 presentation

D

Deleted member

I said it because i've lived it

I can't go through another "Persona 5 Switch"

View attachment 217303
The only thing close to a P5 Switch case for me would be if not only DQ in Smash doesn't happen, but people go back to treating DQ fans as weirdos as much as in the dark ages I had to deal with.

Hopefully both things don't happen together, but I would get completely down if I had to return to the days when the Dragon Quest fans like myself got bashed to annoying points most of the time due to the freaking composer and the whole thing regarding the AnImE sWoRdMeN people present on most places of the internet.

D

Deleted member

It makes way more sense to have a Smash double reveal at E3 because unless Nintendo has something else big enough for them to be sure they won't need teir big hitter, Smash DLC guarantees they get the spotlight.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Do we know what engine Smash Ultimate runs on?
I'm pretty sure it's a proprietary one based loosely on Brawl's architecture, though I don't think they've ever outright stated. They rebuilt all the Wii U content from the ground up within this new version of the engine but I don't think they ever stated it was an entirely new engine.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
name a bigger brain play than announcing DLC character #3 before E3 to punch leaker credibility in the gut, then announcing erdrick a month later at E3 to sow confusion

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not quite what I meant :v See the arm that's bending? The pattern on his sleeve makes it seem like that's all his arm is. It's missing the shape that makes his outstretched arm as wide as it looks. Meanwhile, the bent one looks noodle-y, even though we know more or less it's not the case. I am sorry, lmao.

I only remember Sheba's because it's that damn easy to get her, but yeah it's Sheba, the worst character in the entire game.
View attachment 217300
Well, I did use this image as a reference, aswell as other artwork of adventure-era Eggman.
eggman as a annoucement.png

But I had to make it look more flat in lots of places to make it work, so maybe the change of dimension caused problems with that.

But hey, is that what you mean?
Eggman annoucement.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom