• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
if there's one thing they've consistently shown, it's that sakurai doesn't give a **** about direct schedules this time

joker announced at VGA
piranha plant dropped days before his intended month of release
joker dropped out of nowhere in the middle of april

back in e3 2015, the smash news wasn't even directly connected to the e3 presentation
But at the same time, Sakurai is not the publisher. Nintendo publishes it and has the final say on this stuff.

At the same time, I assume Sakurai has earned the type of respect where he could say, "Hey, I wanna reveal the next character this way," and the guys in charge would just shrug their shoulders and say "sure".

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I'm pretty sure it's a proprietary one based loosely on Brawl's architecture, though I don't think they've ever outright stated. They rebuilt all the Wii U content from the ground up within this new version of the engine but I don't think they ever stated it was an entirely new engine.
Ah. I see.

I just figure that, Like CTR Nitro Fuled, if they made Super Smash Kart on the same engine they would be able to just use Uktimate’s character models without having to remake them, making development smoother and enabling more characters to be used.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, I did use this image as a reference, aswell as other artwork of adventure-era Eggman.
View attachment 217301
But I had to make it look more flat in lots of places to make it work, so maybe the change of dimension caused problems with that.

But hey, is that what you mean?
View attachment 217309
Just a small little tidbit. It should be "he's come" instead of 'I've come" because the text box is normally third party narrated.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
But at the same time, Sakurai is not the publisher. Nintendo publishes it and has the final say on this stuff.

At the same time, I assume Sakurai has earned the type of respect where he could say, "Hey, I wanna reveal the next character this way," and the guys in charge would just shrug their shoulders and say "sure".
sakurai: "i'm dropping steve in the middle of may"
nintendo: "mr sakurai, that doesn't line up with the business outline, we need to do our reveals at e3 to maximise visibl-"
sakurai: eldritch noises
nintendo: "very well mr sakurai"

D

Deleted member

It makes way more sense to have a Smash double reveal at E3 because unless Nintendo has something else big enough for them to be sure they won't need teir big hitter, Smash DLC guarantees they get the spotlight.
Honestly, that would be the best scenario for me.

At one side, Steve/Banjo to let the Microsoft side chill for some minutes at least.

On the other side, the potentially suspected Erdrick or my most wanted Eight, DQ heroes whose presence in Smash could finally end the drama or fear present on many DQ fans invested with Smash like myself for years due to the freaking composer and the kind of people who despise characters like Cloud or Joker. It would be the perfect conclussion, and peace would finally happen for us at the Smash fandom.

I'll take any scenario, but DQ in Smash would mean a lot for me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sometimes I wanna do a Discord mini group to:
-Only upload the images once
-Be called a degenerate by multiple people at the same time.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just a small little tidbit. It should be "he's come" instead of 'I've come" because the text box is normally third party narrated.
.....Huh.

That's a point I forgot.

...I wait Karnera response before changing it.
This is probably the best Eggman screencap, though:

Annnnd another image inside my sonic memes file.

D

Deleted member

Remembering stuff from the dark times of being a DQ supporter for Smash has took me deeply down.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
sakurai: "i'm dropping steve in the middle of may"
nintendo: "mr sakurai, that doesn't line up with the business outline, we need to do our reveals at e3 to maximise visibl-"
sakurai: eldritch noises
nintendo: "very well mr sakurai"
On that note, I think they've learned that they actually maximize visibility by not being at E3 in the age of Twitter and half the planet having high speed internet. When a Direct goes up, it's the only news the gaming community talks about.

E3 is just a chance for the major players to bring their best stuff and compete directly for customers' attention that year. But Nintendo has shown they don't give a **** for packing E3 with stuff because they announce new **** all year. Last year's E3 had, what, Smash, Let's Go! and like a 3DS game? They could've easily shown us something for Animal Crossing 2019, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Luigi's Mansion 3, Astral Chain or the Link's Awakening remake to pad their conference, but chose not to. Meanwhile Sony's been showing Last of Us Part 2 for like three years in a row and it's still not out.

D

Deleted member

Why do people think we're getting a character announcement now? Lol.
Hey, if every second you predict there's gonna be an announcement, eventually you'll br ight.
Anyways TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT BABY

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Seriously? I've played both Splatoons, looked at the picture, and I legitimately couldn't notice the change.

:drfacepalm:
I could. Only because Marie's more morose-looking eyes versus Callie's more excited look are indicative of their differing personalities.

Seeing Marie with those eyes was jarring.

D

Deleted member

Sonic right now:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom