• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was serious about that question two pages back.....

Am I invisible on the user list at the bottom?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I’d still like if we got animated Joker-esque reveals for all the fighters, as they’re likely being done by a separate studio. But that probably won’t happen.
it's unlikely, since the only reason joker's reveal was animated was because nintendo wanted a TGA reveal but sakurai had nothing to show of joker in december

with a more controlled schedule on their own terms, they'll probably jump straight into gameplay reveals (it's not to say they couldn't do little bits at the start like most newcomer trailers, but smash 4 DLC doesn't really set a precedent for that level of effort).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Nobody cares? I don't know what else I expected. :b:

Oh well. I just wish that people cared about my issues, as much as I do all of yours. No bother. Move on as usual.
I don't think that is the case. I didn't respond because I didn't want to pry into something that might be personal.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Oh well. I just wish that people cared about my issues, as much as I do all of yours. No bother. Move on as usual.
I didn’t see it cause I’m still in my early morning stupor where I can’t really process anything

Why what’s wrong my friend

I was serious about that question two pages back.....

Am I invisible on the user list at the bottom?
As far as I can tell

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, I don’t even know. Like, we always talk about unexpected, but what if Resident Evil is now expected because it’s a genre that casts itself as unexpected in a casual/competitive fighting game, so therefore they’re expected now, and because the DmC port is coming after that article, and now people don’t expect Dante, so now he’s unexpected and no one expects him?!?

Regardless, while I think it’s quite the coincidence...I think that you’re probably right. I think the dev/director was probably being honest when he said Dante wouldn’t be in Smash unless he started showing up on Nintendo systems.

Then there’s also the fact that companies port old games to newer consoles all the time. It might seem like there’s a connection, but there probably isn’t.
What I mean is that considering Sakurai likes working with people involved, he'd ask Itsuno for input on Dante's portrayal as Itsuno adopted him. Capcom's using his Smash popularity to test the waters, and everyone everywhere is talking about Dante in Smash, more so than other Switch port announcements.

Also please I am begging you do not call it DmC that's something else entirely

D

Deleted member

What I mean is that considering Sakurai likes working with people involved, he'd ask Itsuno for input on Dante's portrayal as Itsuno adopted him. Capcom's using his Smash popularity to test the waters, and everyone everywhere is talking about Dante in Smash, more so than other Switch port announcements.

Should I pick DMC1 on PS1 or Switch or pick the trilogy bundle for PS4?

I heard that the latter has many technical problems or something on that line.

D

Deleted member

I played the trilogy on Xbone and I never had a single bug. I’d go with PS4. Also, it was never on PS1, it was on PS2.
Yeah, I was distracted by something and didn´t revice my post before publishing it.

I refered to the PS2 game yes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Should I pick DMC1 on PS1 or Switch or pick the trilogy bundle for PS4?

I heard that the latter has many technical problems or something on that line.
Can't tell you about technical issues as I'm unaware of that but it depends on one thing. Pricing. I have a feeling DMC1 will be the same price as Okami HD and that it's being sold separately so they can sell 3 later on. Once we know a price, then we can really compare, as I know most DMC fans would buy 1 and 3 separately if it meant they could forget 2
EDIT: Oh you meant the ps2. Depends if you can get 3 Special Edition at a decent price

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can't tell you about technical issues as I'm unaware of that but it depends on one thing. Pricing. I have a feeling DMC1 will be the same price as Okami HD and that it's being sold separately so they can sell 3 later on. Once we know a price, then we can really compare, as I know most DMC fans would buy 1 and 3 separately if it meant they could forget 2
I´ll wait and see for the prices then.

And yeah, I heard many things about DMC2 being bad for example from this video:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I honestly don’t mind 2. It’s not my favorite and way to based on shooting, but it’s fine.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yes. Wasn't that your intent?
Most definitely not.

I always thought staff should be visible to the public so we can be approached easier and really just plain seen. Pretty much, if I’m on, I want people to know, so they can come to me for help if needed. All this time I thought leaving that second privacy box unchecked still let me be visible within the thread’s member list.

Fixed.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Duly noted on that last part.

Makes sense. So the idea is that the DMC devs, based on the “Smash hype” are seeing if there is tangible demand for the series on Nintendo, which could show demand for the character in Smash later.

That actually makes the most sense out of any explanation so far.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Duly noted on that last part.

Makes sense. So the idea is that the DMC devs, based on the “Smash hype” are seeing if there is tangible demand for the series on Nintendo, which could show demand for the character in Smash later.

That actually makes the most sense out of any explanation so far.
I've said this before but it's honestly amazing that DMC fans managed to convince Capcom to do this. DMC being one of Capcom's best selling franchises might have helped and it truly shows how special Smash is

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So here's a DLC question for all of you.

What genres do you think will be represented with the remaining Challenger Packs? We have an RPG rep with Joker, potentially another RPG rep if Erdrick happens. Do you think that'll be the end of RPG reps? Will we get another platformer character? Maybe we'll even get an FPS character. Something along those lines, really. Again, I am NOT talking specific fighters: I am purely talking about the genres.

Obviously, genre likely isn't a deciding factor on DLC characters, but it's interesting to think about.

The evil is defeated
This isn't anything new, I don't think they've worked on any of the "expansions".

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

What genres do you think will be represented with the remaining Challenger Packs? We have an RPG rep with Joker, potentially another RPG rep if Erdrick happens. Do you think that'll be the end of RPG reps? Will we get another platformer character? Maybe we'll even get an FPS character. Something along those lines, really. Again, I am NOT talking specific fighters: I am purely talking about the genres.

Obviously, genre likely isn't a deciding factor on DLC characters, but it's interesting to think about.

This isn't anything new, I don't think they've worked on any of the "expansions".
For being such a huge genre in the industry the lack of FPS representation is outright astonishing. I think hack-n-slash/spectacle fighters should be prioritized too solely due to how badass a lot of characters in those games tend to be, makes for fun stuff

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I missed the post.

Que pasa?

Most definitely not.

I always thought staff should be visible to the public so we can be approached easier and really just plain seen. Pretty much, if I’m on, I want people to know, so they can come to me for help if needed. All this time I thought leaving that second privacy box unchecked still let me be visible within the thread’s member list.

Fixed.
I thought you wanted to stay invisible and jump us when we least expected it.

Your plan makes more sense though.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

I think that we could possibly get one more RPG if the Namco rep is a Tales rep. If not then we’ll get a SoulsBourne chars most definitely. I think platformer characters are always likely. And if we go beyond a single pass, than fighting games, FPS games, and character action games, maybe even horror games, are all super likely.

Congratulations: you just heard my typical DLC shpeal in the most generic of terms possible.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

i'd like to see more genres after the square rep, but it's important to remember that of our 7 smash 4 DLC characters, 5 were from JRPGs (mewtwo, lucas, roy [technically an SPRG], cloud, corrin)

it's an incredibly pervasive genre that's hard to break away from, especially with regard to a lot of highly requested reps

D

Deleted member

Maybe platformers with Crash or Banjo, sandbox with Steve, FPSs with Doomguy and Mach Rider could represent some kind of shooter genre too.

D

Deleted member

We need another puzzle game rep tbh
and before you say that we don't even have one, :ultdoc: exists

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
We need another puzzle game rep tbh
and before you say that we don't even have one, :ultdoc: exists
I really don’t think puzzle game characters really fit Smash.

Tetris should absolutely have a stage by now though, come on!

Also, it’s long past time we got some Atari content in Smash. Not necessarily a character but definitely Stages/Spirits/Assist Trophies. Pay respect to the granddaddy.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I've said this before but it's honestly amazing that DMC fans managed to convince Capcom to do this. DMC being one of Capcom's best selling franchises might have helped and it truly shows how special Smash is
I know that feeling.

For Smash 4 DLC, I made a Twitter account for Snake support, and rallied people here to support him coming back. It didn’t come to fruition for Smash 4, but to hear the translator say, “Back by popular demand...” at E3 last year was one of the most validating experiences in my life. Just to think that all hat effort actually made a difference and was noticed.

In that case, in terms of Capcom testing the waters, I think we can rule Dante out UNLESS DMC on Switch sells well and there’s a 2nd Fighter Pass.

I still have to play the entire series, so I might just get the PS4 collection and then 5 for the summer. I still have so much to play in the meantime. Yikes!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't know what is the current topic, but I need to share this with you all, 'cuz it's what we call the good ****.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I really don’t think puzzle game characters really fit Smash.

Tetris should absolutely have a stage by now though, come on!

Also, it’s long past time we got some Atari content in Smash. Not necessarily a character but definitely Stages/Spirits/Assist Trophies. Pay respect to the granddaddy.
depends what we classify puzzle games as

phoenix wright consistently makes it into the top 10 of ultimate fan polls, but he doesn't so much as throw a punch in his games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom