• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
reddit banned a bunch of nazi subs but not the nazi people posting nazi stuff in said nazi subs and now they're posting nazi stuff in an innocent gamer subreddit

that's just how society works... this post was made by illicit substance abuse gang
Reminds me how the guy who made the Kotaku In Action subreddit admitted it was used for nazi recruitment yet reddit still doesn't want to get rid of it

D

Deleted member

Reminds me how the guy who made the Kotaku In Action subreddit admitted it was used for nazi recruitment yet reddit still doesn't want to get rid of it
No Gwen, you herckleducker, Kotaku in Action isn't a nazi subreddit at all! It's about, uh *checks notes on hand* ethics in... gaming journalism.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Gentlepanda Gentlepanda I downloaded your Kasumi stage
I'm really hoping that my older brother will let me send you a Friend Request, since he's the only one in our family that has Switch Online

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I really do think Dante is cool and would be a great gaming icon addition to Smash. His moveset would be super fun.

Just, based on the circumstances I don’t really think he’s in. May seem like bias, but i’ve really thought about it, and I still feel that Resident Evil has the best chances.

Really I just want to beat ass as Leon or Jill. Mostly Jill.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I really do think Dante is cool and would be a great gaming icon addition to Smash. His moveset would be super fun.

Just, based on the circumstances I don’t really think he’s in. May seem like bias, but i’ve really thought about it, and I still feel that Resident Evil has the best chances.

Really I just want to beat *** as Leon or Jill. Mostly Jill.
Oh no, Dante's not getting in the Fighter Pass because the comments about how people should ask for DMC on the Switch and the announcement of DMC1 being a few months later is putting all eyes on Dante, not sure if Nintendo would be too happy with a surprise being fully expected

D

Deleted member

Oh no, Dante's not getting in the Fighter Pass because the comments about how people should ask for DMC on the Switch and the announcement of DMC1 being a few months later is putting all eyes on Dante, not sure if Nintendo would be too happy with a surprise being fully expected
Maybe a second Fighter Pass?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Need Phoenix in this pass or he'll never make it. Dante will be threat in Pass 2.

I've already accepted the disappointment, though.

D

Deleted member

We DO have extra slots made in case but there's no saying what the likelihood of that actually being used is
Yup.
Smash 4 ended with empty slots for extra DLC after Bayonetta released too, so we can only wait and see what happens.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

The evil is defeated

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Yup.
Smash 4 ended with empty slots for extra DLC after Bayonetta released too, so we can only wait and see what happens.
Empty slots on Wii U. 3DS had none. I think that says more.

Not to mention 3DS/Wii U’s dlc was basically Ultimate Pre-Production. I think now is a very different case compared to then. I see no reason not to make as much DLC as humanly possible. Or since this is Sakurai we’re talking about, inhumanly possible.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
We DO have extra slots made in case but there's no saying what the likelihood of that actually being used is
there's always the chance for updates to fit more stages/add a second page (god please no, not smash 3ds again), but the fact that neither the website's stage page nor ingame stage layout leave room for more than 5 DLC stages makes me think that if there is a second pass, it'll be characters without stages (first parties like corrin and/or echoes) at most

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
there's always the chance for updates to fit more stages/add a second page (god please no, not smash 3ds again), but the fact that neither the website's stage page nor ingame stage layout leave room for more than 5 DLC stages makes me think that if there is a second pass, it'll be characters without stages (first parties like corrin and/or echoes) at most
I still disagree. The stage select screen leaves as much room for exactly what we need. A button like what the 3DS had to take us to the overflow stages.

D

Deleted member

Joker doesn´t have his short gameplay montage on the website like the other fighters, now that I remembered.

Will they upload one later or just scrap those for the Fighter Pass?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Joker doesn´t have his short gameplay montage on the website like the other fighters, now that I remembered.

I think it's safe to say they're scrapped similar to the Guidances
It's called Stone Ocean
I still think Stone Ocean's Foo Fighters is nonbinary

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

they probably won't get one, since all evidence points towards piranha plant only having one + a guidance because he was meant to be in the base game

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
random stage select either goes all customs or no customs

View attachment 217094
That is also super dumb.

they probably won't get one, since all evidence points towards piranha plant only having one + a guidance because he was meant to be in the base game
Sad, to be sure. But I guess they’re in a time crunch. Heck, they barely have time to make a trailer for the characters.

I’d still like if we got animated Joker-esque reveals for all the fighters, as they’re likely being done by a separate studio. But that probably won’t happen.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Honestly, I don’t even know. Like, we always talk about unexpected, but what if Resident Evil is now expected because it’s a genre that casts itself as unexpected in a casual/competitive fighting game, so therefore they’re expected now, and because the DmC port is coming after that article, and now people don’t expect Dante, so now he’s unexpected and no one expects him?!?

Regardless, while I think it’s quite the coincidence...I think that you’re probably right. I think the dev/director was probably being honest when he said Dante wouldn’t be in Smash unless he started showing up on Nintendo systems.

Then there’s also the fact that companies port old games to newer consoles all the time. It might seem like there’s a connection, but there probably isn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom