• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If there’s a Smashboards cinematic universe, mainly because I don’t understand entirely what that would entail, I would need to either have my own set of movies or at the very least be the Stan Lee cameo equivalent.
If there was a Smashboards Cinematic Universe I would be either the Korg or the forgettable villain that just annoys the protagonists in the second or third film.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Corn Dog is not a sandwich, that is where I put my foot down.

You can't have a sandwich on a stick.
What do you think of restaurant sandwiches with toothpicks stuck in them? By your definition, are those not sandwhiches?

And while we're on that topic, is Villager's stick a club?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is your daily reminder of the CMU(Cozy Media Universe) and that you should all follow it
View attachment 216972

She's right btw
I can't believe I misread your post not once, but twice. Somehow.
Question of the day: speaking of sandwiches...is the hot dog a sandwich?
Sandwiches are enclosed on two sides while hot dogs are enclosed on three. Hot dogs, then, are soft thick-shelled tacos.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m about to break up this sandwich talk with an unpopular opinion!

My unpopular opinion is...BONELESS WINGS ARE N U G G E T S.

Come at me, fools!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hot dogs are not sandwiches.
Sandwiches are covered on top by the bread, and on the bottom by the thread.
Hot dogs have no bread on top, and the bottom thread covers the hot dog's sides.
Turning a hot dog side ways does not count, either.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

"What makes you so special!?"
"Nothing."
D53abWSU8AAXDHc (1).jpeg

"I'm just a kid from Brooklyn."

D

Deleted member

The idea of a hotdog just being an American Taco is really ****ing with my mind... :dr^_^:
Depends of the taco, if you're talking about a gringa I accept is a sandwich

(And no, I dont consider regular tacos, the soft shelled ones, sandwiches)

D

Deleted member

I know you mean well here mate but I think he knows, and in an irrational “mode” like this, trying to come from a “teaching/guide” angle will probably just aggravate the problem.
And the reason I tell him this is because I care. I wouldn't answer his question otherwise. Noipoi is a member of the community who brings smiles to loads of people. It is a trait I respect from him. And now he wants to improve, which I respect even more. If he wants a direction, I will point him in one.

I agree that me pursuing after my post would be needless and aggravating, so I'll drop it until further reply from him

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hot dogs are not sandwiches.
Sandwiches are covered on top by the bread, and on the bottom by the thread.
Hot dogs have no bread on top, and the bottom thread covers the hot dog's sides.
What if you hold your hotdog sideways?

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Ten sandwiches, huh?

- BLT
- Cheesesteak
- Egg Salad
- Grilled Cheese
- Ham and Cheese
- Italian Beef
- Meatloaf Sandwich
- Peanut Butter Sandwich
- Pulled Pork
- Tuna Sandwich

Sounds about it

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And the reason I tell him this is because I care. I wouldn't answer his question otherwise. Noipoi is a member of the community who brings smiles to loads of people. It is a trait I respect from him. And now he wants to improve, which I respect even more. If he wants a direction, I will point him in one.

I agree that me pursuing after my post would be needless and aggravating, so I'll drop it until further reply from him
I know you care mate I’m just giving you a heads up

I think I very very closely understand his situation here which is why I was saying

Thanks for understanding tho

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Question of the day: speaking of sandwiches...is the hot dog a sandwich?
How I see it, a sandwich is made up of the following:
-Two slices of bread
-A layer of animal meat
-Condiments

All of these check out for hotdogs, except for the following differences:
-Sandwiches have an up and down orientation. Our jaws and our clefts sink into the bread first. We eat hotdogs from an angle where the meat is bit into before the bread

-Sandwiches can use any kind of meat with any kind of bread and are thin enough to wobble and fold without breakage. Hotdogs and by extension burger patties do not have this utility

-Finally, hotdogs need boiling for the most part and have uses outside of the bread combination. Not to mention that the bread type for hotdogs are cheaply done and inferior for other non-hotdog meats.

At this point, it would be like arguing that crustaceans and arachnids are one and the same, and even though they share a lot in common, there are enough differences that they cannot be in the same class. The hotdog is a culinary cousin to the sandwich, but they are not 1:1

Cyn Cyn vs @Moydow is canon, and they both gather their legions.
I was going to make a Captain America: Civil War joke with that, but Cyndane's persona is a card-carrying villain, so it'd make more sense if Moydow and Cyndane were the "Thor" and "Loki" of our cinematic universe respectively :v

By holder, you mean like the Collector, Ronin, Red Skull, Dr. Strange, Vision, or Loki?
Yep! You'd glow 'n ****. Think the Hulk, but without all the anger and muscle.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How I see it, a sandwich is made up of the following:
-Two slices of bread
-A layer of animal meat
-Condiments

All of these check out for hotdogs, except for the following differences:
-Sandwiches have an up and down orientation. Our jaws and our clefts sink into the bread first. We eat hotdogs from an angle where the meat is bit into before the bread

-Sandwiches can use any kind of meat with any kind of bread and are thin enough to wobble and fold without breakage. Hotdogs and by extension burger patties do not have this utility

-Finally, hotdogs need boiling for the most part and have uses outside of the bread combination. Not to mention that the bread type for hotdogs are cheaply done and inferior for other non-hotdog meats.

At this point, it would be like arguing that crustaceans and arachnids are one and the same, and even though they share a lot in common, there are enough differences that they cannot be in the same class. The hotdog is a culinary cousin to the sandwich, but they are not 1:1

I was going to make a Captain America: Civil War joke with that, but Cyndane's persona is a card-carrying villain, so it'd make more sense if Moydow and Cyndane were the "Thor" and "Loki" of our cinematic universe respectively :v

Yep! You'd glow 'n ****. Think the Hulk, but without all the anger and muscle.
But by your logic, things like PB&J and grilled cheese aren't sandwiches.

Graizen

Smash Champion
What if: Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat was using Giga Drain from Pokémon the entire time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom