• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Uh, thanks for the spoiler I guess :/
Shish, I'm gonna be real with you, I don't see how it's a spoiler.

Mysterio as a character has been around for literally decades and is one of Spider-Man's most prominent villains, appearing in countless comics, video games, and tv shows AS a villain. Even in film, Bruce Campbell potentially playing Mysterio in the Raimi trilogy but never getting to actually do it was a very big deal. No other media hides it...he's one of the most recurring members of the Sinister Six. Probably the most recurring outside of Doc Oc and maybe Sandman.

Honestly it'd be more of a spoiler if Mysterio somehow WASN'T a villain. It's like saying Captain America takes an ice nap for literally decades. It's not a spoiler, it's the origin story of a well-known character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mysterio as a character has been around for literally decades and is one of Spider-Man's most prominent villains, appearing in countless comics, video games, and tv shows AS a villain. Even in film, Bruce Campbell potentially playing Mysterio in the Raimi trilogy but never getting to actually do it was a very big deal. No other media hides it...he's one of the most recurring members of the Sinister Six. Probably the most recurring outside of Doc Oc and maybe Sandman.

Honestly it'd be more of a spoiler if Mysterio somehow WASN'T a villain. It's like saying Captain America takes an ice map for literally decades. It's not a spoiler, it's the origin story of a well-known character.
I've always loved how Mysterio doesn't have any actual superpowers usually. He's just really ****ing good at special effects and confusing people.

D

Deleted member

Ok. I see some of that. But look at the climax of RotJ. He resists the corruption of the dark figure due to the strength of his faith and his faith is so strong it un-corrupts his father and he kills the emperor. Am I over reading this?

Also, Anikan really was the one to kill the emperor and balance the force. He really was the chosen one. (Star Wars fans hate it when I point that out)
No, Luke refuses the Dark Side because he saw what he was doing and came to his senses. He saw his father used to be just like him and realized the path he would walk down to if he had continued and he said NO to it.

And Vader had a similar realization as the realized the Emperor was killing his son in front if him. He realized that no matter how deep he had dug himself into this hole, that it still wasn't too late to do at least one good deed.

And it's not faith any of them have, it's hope. That's kiterally the name of the first film.

Honestly it'd be more of a spoiler if Mysterio somehow WASN'T a villain. It's like saying Captain America takes an ice map for literally decades. It's not a spoiler, it's the origin story of a well-known character.
I know basically nothing from the comics so I wouldn't know as they seem to be playing the whole thing straight in the trailer.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh and my favorite Tarantino movie is The Hateful Eight.

I feel like it should get a slightly higher rating on Imdb, but that's just me.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I hope everybody here is having as good of a day as I am. It might be the copious amount of coffee i’ve been drinking, but i’ve been having just a “feel good” day.

Last week was rough, and very stressful for me as a teacher. I basically questioned my existence, if I was really making a difference for my students, and if I was actually doing my job. I realized that being a teacher isn’t about getting kids to have all A’s in the grade book. It’s about getting kids to realize that they matter, and that they do have the power to bring about positive change.

Don’t ever count yourself out. Just always be sure to challenge what you think you’re capable of, and never turn down an opportunity to prove there’s more to you than meets the eye!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

another thing i noticed in the trailer
not only did they call carol captain marvel, they also didn't specify why she's unavailable whereas they specified that thor was offworld
methinks something else is going on here

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
not only did they call carol captain marvel, they also didn't specify why she's unavailable whereas they specified that thor was offworld
Skrull Hill and Fury? :p

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
flashback to the days of endless theories like this around endgame then
thanos dies in the first fifteen minutes and korg is playing fortnite five minutes later

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*Search tab*
*Set dropdown to “This thread”*
*put in any word you remember or think would be in that post*
But it has to be the exact thing you said to search up, and it's easy to forget an "it" or an "a" or something like that.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
My friends and I tossed up a mock-up Fighters Pass where we each chose one character:

Stages:
- The Lifestream
- Peak of Darkness
- Mishima Zaibatsu Building
- Spiral Mountain

Alternate costumes:
- Sephiroth would have half FFVII and half Advent Children, like Cloud
- Dante would have 4 based on DMC3, 2 on DMC1, and 2 on DMC4 (if more than 8 were allowed, 2 for DMC5 too)
- Heihachi would have 4 for Young Heihachi and 4 for Old Heihachi

Mii Costumes release alongside each pack:

Sephiroth:
- Geno
- Chocobo
- Tifa (Brawler)
- Barret (Gunner)
- Aerith (Swordfighter, with her staff)
- Red XIII Hat

Dante:
- Vergil (DMC3) (Swordfighter)
- Nero (DMC5) (Gunner)
- Trish (DMC1) (Brawler)
- Lady (DMC3) (Gunner)

Heihachi:
- Heihachi (Brawler) (just the Smash 4 costume)
- Jin (Brawler)
- Kazuya (Brawler)
- King (Brawler)

Banjo:
- Mumbo Jumbo (Swordfighter, using his staff)
- Humba Wumba (Brawler)
- Bottles Hat

Thoughts?

EDIT: Thank you based broken images

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Skrull Hill and Fury? :p
i actually think they might have a post-credits scene tease for captain marvel 2

either that or fury's deliberately not calling her because he wants peter to step up and fill the void that tony left

get out of that friendly neighborhood comfort zone and start fighting aliens and ****

D

Deleted member

I think it's just a case to not sound repetitive and also that while Carol is likely offworld too, she's probably on official business unlike Thor who's just ****ing around with the Guardians

D

Deleted member

deep-fried image of hugh neutron on a cross

text: the bible app is free

100 emoji 100 emoji

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335