• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Considering what happened last time, make sure you don't set your expectations too high.
It has Medievil.
I won’t be dissapointed only because it has the only thing I care about regarding upcoming PS4 first party stuff.

D

Deleted member

Detective Pikachu is the only movie worth seeing to me this year
key words: to me

D

Deleted member

I’ll basically watch the Medievil stuff and when that is over directly stop watching.

It is about damn time we got Medievil news.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I bought a pill case when I went to go pick up my depression and anxiety meds so I don’t accidentally take multiple doses and I get home to fill it and I break it

D

Deleted member

Hopefully we get the official release date for Medievil alongside a showcase of more levels.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Hot take:

No. Why?

It's a multibillion dollar acclaimed series. It deserves to be in space.
what does this even mean?

I'm sorry, what? I'm not getting it.

EDIT: DANG IT! STUPID IMAGES!
I don't think there's such thing as "earning the right to be set in space".

They don’t do anything with space that can’t be done just set on one planet with multiple environments and people. Those planets might as well be countries and continents.

They don’t do much with different bizarre alien cultures and environments. I mean, they do, but only in the movies everyone hates. They hardly do anything with the sci-fi components. And the message of the franchise is “Faith>science”.

Look, in my opinion, Star Wars is bad sci-fi. And it should have just done a fantasy story if it wasn’t gonna go all the way with it.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think they were kinda trying to stir the pot to keep people from having criticism for PlayStation direct

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, that’s kind of like complaining about a 3DS centered direct.

I get it, not everyone likes VR. But just because they didn’t show any games YOU liked doesn’t mean it was bad.
Compare the sales of those two. PS VR doesn't really sell enough to carry a direct by itself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
When people say characters deserve to be in Smash, what they're really saying is that they're licensed to go to space. We can't have non-licensed characters fighting on Final Destination.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I think they were kinda trying to stir the pot to keep people from having criticism for PlayStation direct
the hottest take of all is that the playstation direct isn't even worth the time to criticize

D

Deleted member

Guardians of the Galaxy hasn't earned the right to be set in the galaxy!

D

Deleted member

Quentin Beck's whole background comes from being a stuntman and a special effects artist. His entire character is built on using lies to trick people into thinking falsehoods are reality.

Honestly I'm not even sure that's the real Nick Fury. :p
Uh, thanks for the spoiler I guess :/

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
You caught me.

Actually I wanted to post that before State of Play got brought up. Very Convenient though.

Compare the sales of those two. PS VR doesn't really sell enough to carry a direct by itself.
Fair point.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
When people say characters deserve to be in Smash, what they're really saying is that they're licensed to go to space. We can't have non-licensed characters fighting on Final Destination.
joker is banned from final destination because he's not wearing a helmet and can't ****ing breathe

D

Deleted member

Another PlayStation Direct?

Guess they gotta plug those VR tech demos somehow.

D

Deleted member

plus there's the fact that Nintendo is actually smart enough to advertise a 3DS direct as a 3DS direct, while Playstation advertised the first State of Play as being more of a general direct sort of thing

D

Deleted member

This is the actual reason the Fox Only Final Destination meme exists, people are just trying to promote basic safety protocols by only allowing characters experienced with space on space stages.

D

Deleted member

And the message of the franchise is “Faith>science”.
And I thought people not understanding anything in The Last Jedi was the worst case of "missing the point" I had ever seen but to take this as the franchise's whole message is wack

osby

Smash Obsessed
They don’t do anything with space that can’t be done just set on one planet with multiple environments and people. Those planets might as well be countries and continents.

They don’t do much with different bizarre alien cultures and environments. I mean, they do, but only in the movies everyone hates. They hardly do anything with the sci-fi components. And the message of the franchise is “Faith>science”.

Look, in my opinion, Star Wars is bad sci-fi. And it should have just done a fantasy story if it wasn’t gonna go all the way with it.
Star Wars is a bad sci-fi series because it's a space opera. It doesn't try to be a genuine sci-fi.

Either way, everyone is free to give their plot any setting, they don't need to deserve it.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Time for the PlaysStation Direct to reveal PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2. Sony will take down Ultimate with their vast array of iconic characters like Zeus from Greek mythology.

D

Deleted member

What a bad time to have server errors when I try to upload pictures.

I just did something with my Switch profile to celebrate the return of my Medievil hype.

D

Deleted member

Time for the PlaysStation Direct to reveal PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2. Sony will take down Ultimate with their vast array of iconic characters like Zeus from Greek mythology.
His ultimate is transforming into a swan and having sex with the opponent.

D

Deleted member

Star Wars used to be my thing but then puberty happened and I suddenly got into Littlest Pet Shop

D

Deleted member

This is the actual reason the Fox Only Final Destination meme exists, people are just trying to promote basic safety protocols by only allowing characters experienced with space on space stages.
Actually Fox doesnt have his space license either. One of Fox's calls have Peppy mention tha none of the Star Fox characters can breath in space. Theyre all fighting illegally in space smh

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
real talk tho sony just give me an improved PSASBR game with more iconic PS1/2 characters, less blatant promotion, and a little more japanese representation

also feel free to make it more like smash, because this was one of the rare instances where trying to be original didn't make it better

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
And I thought people not understanding anything in The Last Jedi was the worst case of "missing the point" I had ever seen but to take this as the franchise's whole message is wack
Then what is the point.
Star Wars is a bad sci-fi series because it's a space opera. It doesn't try to be a genuine sci-fi.

Either way, everyone is free to give their plot any setting, they don't need to deserve it.
I guess. Still frustrates me. People call it the “best sci-fi ever” and that’s just not true. It’s barely sci-fi. Star Trek is better, any day of the week.

I mean... characters get thrown out into the nothingness from time to time...
That doesn’t cut it skippy.

As an actual PlayStation fan who adores the characters and actually wants a second PSASBR, this kind of ignorance irritates me. Maybe if they were allowed to celebrate their history as fully Nintendo does you would know more of them.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Then what is the point.

I guess. Still frustrates me. People call it the “best sci-fi ever” and that’s just not true. It’s barely sci-fi. Star Trek is better, any day of the week.

As an actual PlayStation fan who adores the characters and actually wants a second PSASBR, this kind of ignorance irritates me. Maybe if they were allowed to celebrate their history as fully Nintendo does you would know more of them.
I'm a huge PlayStation fan too, I just found the roster, gameplay and all around presentation of PSASBR disappointing and I enjoy occasionally dunking on it. I did have a bit of fun with it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom