• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I'm a huge PlayStation fan too, I just found the roster, gameplay and all around presentation of PSASBR disappointing and I enjoy occasionally dunking on it. I did have a bit of fun with it though.
I can understand the presentation. But I can’t find a single thing wrong with any character in that game. The only thing wrong with that roster is who is NOT there, not who is.

D

Deleted member

**** this crappy piece of **** punk rock event in pocket camp, they aint giving us anything good anyway. Im so irriteated right now I could kick
that's all for today's episode of
Professor Pumpkaboo speaks her mind about random **** while making some spelling errors
:p

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I can understand the presentation. But I can’t find a single thing wrong with any character in that game. The only thing wrong with that roster is who is NOT there, not who is.
That's my main problem with it. It just feels underwhelming. It feels like the real "All-Stars" are all missing.

When Nintendo gets Cloud and Snake before PlayStation lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Mario didn't earn his right to go into Space, therefore, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are absolute ****.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
After sitting with an uncomfortable chair during many years of working with Nintendo, the fans petition for a new comfortable chair for Reggie to sit!

Luckily they succeeded and Reggie now got a new chair!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imo I don't think having both Good Cole and Evil Cole there is necessary even if Sucker Punch themselves requested it.
But I feel like the fact that so many actual icons are missing just makes all the more obscure choices more obviously out of place I guess.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Evil Cole getting in over Wander from Shadow of the Colossus (Who is actually Sony owned, mind you) is still blasphemy to me...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Then what is the point.

I guess. Still frustrates me. People call it the “best sci-fi ever” and that’s just not true. It’s barely sci-fi. Star Trek is better, any day of the week.

That doesn’t cut it skippy.

As an actual PlayStation fan who adores the characters and actually wants a second PSASBR, this kind of ignorance irritates me. Maybe if they were allowed to celebrate their history as fully Nintendo does you would know more of them.
"Best sci-fi" is a subjective term. It's not false to call Star Wars like that, especially considering its cultural impact.

D

Deleted member

just watched the trailer
seeing peter cry over tony breaks my heart

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Imo I don't think having both Good Cole and Evil Cole there is necessary even if Sucker Punch themselves requested it.
But I feel like the fact that so many actual icons are missing just makes all the more obscure choices more obviously out of place I guess.
Evil Cole getting in over Wander from Shadow of the Colossus (Who is actually Sony owned, mind you) is still blasphemy to me...
Note to self: people hate Evil Cole.

I still say Cole should have been like Zelda/Sheik.

D

Deleted member

Star Wars used to be my thing but then puberty happened and I suddenly got into Littlest Pet Shop
Does any of us look like a priest to you?
Then what is the point.
Lots of different ones but certainly not "faith>technology". Here are a few of the actual themes of Star Wars:
  • Nazis bad
  • Colonialism bad
  • Hope will always prevail
  • "Perfectly balanced. As all things should be."
  • Religious cults run by zealots that tell you to stop treating yourself as a human being are dangerous no matter how good their intentions are
  • Space fights and laser swords cool
  • No one being is perfectly good and even the evilest ones may have good left in them
  • War bad
  • You can't fight back against evil groups without staining your own hands with blood
  • We must accept and learn from failure
  • Sometimes what something or someone represents is more important than what they actually are
  • Even then, blind idolation is foolish
  • Change isn't achieved through one single person
  • Capitalism can't thrive without war
  • Taking no stand is the same as standing alongside the oppressors
  • Neo Nazis bad

D

Deleted member

just watched the trailer
seeing peter cry over tony breaks my heart
Reminder that Mysterio is probably gonna use his illusions to mess with Peter's head and show him images of Tony as if he was still alive.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well it's a combination of both lacking 3rd party icons and mist of the 3rd parties that were there being marketing. It'd be like Smash 4 getting Boom Sonic and Pac-man with teeth.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
evil cole being his own character makes sense as far as infamous's morality system granting completely different abilities goes, but to be honest, he doesn't belong there at all when you're dealing with so few slots

don't even get me started on whoever the **** emmett graves is

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Do you ever just remember something embarrassing you did as much younger person and you just get so mad at who you used to be.

I don’t know when I became afraid of other people, but thank god that happened because I can’t believe how un-ashamed I used to be.

D

Deleted member

yooo hold up

if they're setting up a multiverse

then

tom holland in spiderverse 2 baybee let's ****ing go

D

Deleted member

"Best sci-fi" is a subjective term. It's not false to call Star Wars like that, especially considering its cultural impact.
For me, movies like Star Wars may not be my absolute number 1 favorite in their genre (I still really like it though), but I'd say that they're one of the best for the general audience based on their impact more that how good the movies were (and the movies were really good).

That seems a bit ... unlikely
*bad-um-tiss*

D

Deleted member

evil cole being his own character makes sense as far as infamous's morality system granting completely different abilities goes, but to be honest, he doesn't belong there at all when you're dealing with so few slots

Apparently they were originally just going to be once character too.
"We knew that we wanted Cole in the game, and we actually created a design that at one point had that neutral starting point and through your actions you turned hero or turned infamous. We also had a proposal for just one Cole. We just made a choice and said we’d have the hero version. But the IP holders felt really strongly that the way that the Cole character manifests, he really is two different guys, and they felt the character would be best served as two different and they really pushed for it. That’s how we ended up with it "
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012...-cole-and-evil-cole-originally-one-character/

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Does any of us look like a priest to you?

Lots of different ones but certainly not "faith>technology". Here are a few of the actual themes of Star Wars:
  • Nazis bad
  • Colonialism bad
  • Hope will always prevail
  • "Perfectly balanced. As all things should be."
  • Religious cults run by zealots that tell you to stop treating yourself as a human being are dangerous no matter how good their intentions are
  • Space fights and laser swords cool
  • No one being is perfectly good and even the evilest ones may have good left in them
  • War bad
  • You can't fight back against evil groups without staining your own hands with blood
  • We must accept and learn from failure
  • Sometimes what something or someone represents is more important than what they actually are
  • Even then, blind idolation is foolish
  • Change isn't achieved through one single person
  • Capitalism can't thrive without war
  • Taking no stand is the same as standing alongside the oppressors
  • Neo Nazis bad
Ok. I see some of that. But look at the climax of RotJ. He resists the corruption of the dark figure due to the strength of his faith and his faith is so strong it un-corrupts his father and he kills the emperor. Am I over reading this?

Also, Anikan really was the one to kill the emperor and balance the force. He really was the chosen one. (Star Wars fans hate it when I point that out)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Apparently they were originally just going to be once character too.
"We knew that we wanted Cole in the game, and we actually created a design that at one point had that neutral starting point and through your actions you turned hero or turned infamous. We also had a proposal for just one Cole. We just made a choice and said we’d have the hero version. But the IP holders felt really strongly that the way that the Cole character manifests, he really is two different guys, and they felt the character would be best served as two different and they really pushed for it. That’s how we ended up with it "
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012...-cole-and-evil-cole-originally-one-character/
shoutout to the original concept-art roster from before sony started pushing for 'marketing relevancy' picks like big daddy and dante

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

Oh my god, please play Starhawk. It’s sooooo good.

D

Deleted member

yooo hold up

if they're setting up a multiverse

then

tom holland in spiderverse 2 baybee let's ****ing go
I've been thinking of Holland in Spider-Verse since forever.
Don't even make him animated, just have Holland himself put over all the other actual animation to be true to how the Spider-Verse works

D

Deleted member

2000: the regular marvel comics universe is too convoluted with multiple realities, time travel, alternate versions, cosmic beings, etc - here’s an ultimate comics universe that streamlines all that and doesn’t confuse the reader

2008: ok so the ultimate universe is just as confusing as the standard universe now. so here’s a cinematic universe that really streamlines stuff, grounds the heroes to reality, and doesn’t get bogged down with wackiness like cosmic stuff, time travel, or multiple universes

2019: you know what? just keep up

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Star Wars used to be my thing but then puberty happened and I suddenly got into Littlest Pet Shop
I used to really love Winnie the Pooh but then puberty hit and I got into video games.

Probably for the best considering recent developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom