• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
If I could actually apply for a job that'd be amazing

But family decided they wanted a bunch of ****ing pets and they also decided that we'd move into a very strict 'no-noise' apartment complex, and that they wouldn't take any responsibility for the pets.

So it's been on me to watch these animals for the last 16 years. :drflip:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I may have a job, but I'm still pretty much a NEET. I've been out of high school for about 2 years now, and I still haven't even TRIED to apply to college.

Not only that, but my "job" is just a side-gig I help one of my friends with, and I just happen to get paid for it.

c7dWNxt.png

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Poop ass FireFox updated and killed all of my plugins because they don't meet new standards and doesn't let me install a new version of AdBlock.

Big Fat F for the Dream Theater Theme I used for 6 years

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Poop *** FireFox updated and killed all of my plugins because they don't meet new standards and doesn't let me install a new version of AdBlock.

This is actually a known glitch with the new update that Mozilla is working to fix as we speak.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This is actually a known glitch with the new update that Mozilla is working to fix as we speak.
Ah thank ****
I was looking extensions to replace with no success
And I was even thinking this fossil of a laptop Im using was the core issue for some reason too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>everyone talking about how they're living NEET lives
>i work a 13 hour shift starting in 8 hours
>still havent slept yet

1556951896257.png

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
>everyone talking about how they're living NEET lives
>i work 13 hours starting in 8 hours
>still havent slept yet

View attachment 215763
I'm not ****ing happy being a neet at all.

I'm broke as **** and live by scraping by what little money gets tossed my way once in awhile.

My family basically acts like I don't exist and refuses to help out with these animals that they 'just' had to have.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Currently on shift.

Worked through my days off.

Haven't slept since sometime Thurs evening.

Can't sleep now.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not ****ing happy being a neet at all.

I'm broke as **** and live by scraping by what little money gets tossed my way once in awhile.

My family basically acts like I don't exist and refuses to help out with these animals that they 'just' had to have.
That is actually terrible.

There's really nothing you can do?

Shroob

Sup?
That is actually terrible.

There's really nothing you can do?
At this point until my dog, age 16, dies, I'm stuck and have been stuck.

It'd have been fine if we hadn't moved a few years back, but we just had to move to a complex which is super "Be ****ing quiet", and a neighbor who throws a ****fit when someone turns the television up a notch too loud.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
At this point until my dog, age 16, dies, I'm stuck and have been stuck.

It'd have been fine if we hadn't moved a few years back, but we just had to move to a complex which is super "Be ****ing quiet", and a neighbor who throws a ****fit when someone turns the television up a notch too loud.
That's such a strange and sad situation.

I hope things get better soon.

Shroob

Sup?
That's such a strange and sad situation.

I hope things get better soon.
Considering my mom stole over a thousand bucks from me about a decade ago, I've been dead broke since. When I say I have 5 bucks, I literally mean I have 5 bucks. Only reason I even have this laptop is because I have a friend who takes hella pity on me. :drshrug:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
It's Pythra.
No, it's PYTHYPYTHYPYTHYPYTHYPYTHpythra. Y'know, like a propeller!

Considering my mom stole over a thousand bucks from me about a decade ago, I've been dead broke since. When I say I have 5 bucks, I literally mean I have 5 bucks. Only reason I even have this laptop is because I have a friend who takes hella pity on me. :drshrug:
Wow, that's a bummer Shroob... I'm so sorry. Makes me glad you're able to chat here!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Your mom did this to you?!

I...I don't know what to think about this, beside that it's just awful.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Long story.

Moral of the story is don't let your folks be on your first bank account as a co-owner.
I'm having a hard time thinking right now, but man, from what I know of you, you just don't deserve this. :/

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Rhombulus is just far too eager to send Eclipsa and Globgor back to their crystals, when neither of them have done anything wrong, and he has no reason for wanting to do so besides just hating monsters and the people who like them (which is weird, because he gets along pretty well with Star). And then when his plan blew up in his face due to his poor planning, he couldn't even muster up an excuse.

Basically, Rhombulus isn't a villain, he's just an idiot.
I do think Rhombulus has some justification for being paranoid of Eclipsa at least, since she used several dark spells on him when he refused to free Globgor the first time (including swapping their minds) and because the prior episode made it clear that Eclipsa would've freed Globgor herself had he not told her he didn't want to be freed yet. Yeah, as far as we now he didn't do anything wrong (the only person we know he ate for sure was Shastican, who was an utterly reprehensible man) but literally no one else besides the couple knew that.

His actions were nonetheless really dumb and unjust, and made him lose whatever moral high ground he could've possibly had prior. In any case, I fully agree that he's stupid, but definitely not a villain.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Poop *** FireFox updated and killed all of my plugins because they don't meet new standards and doesn't let me install a new version of AdBlock.

The Firefox update killed my TabGroups Manager addon and the Youtube enhancer I was using.

Fortunately I had already done a ton of maintenance closing tabs so the TGM break wasn't that big of a deal.

But the Youtube enhancer gave me the option to skip intrusive ads which was a godsend. So... F.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Shishoe when she opens our Discord chat tomorrow

osby

Smash Obsessed
Me: What a fine day, isn't it?

Half of the damn internet: But did you know Sonic movie sucks and I didn't like it? You should.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm somewhat of a neet I guess lol

I'm getting an online education while at home.

I don't have a job but I'm intent one getting one this year.

Kinda nervous at the prospect but I don't expect to be amazing at it. As long as I don't get treated like **** and it pays well for the shifts I have to work, I'll probably be content with what I first go for.

Also I'm utterly terrified at the prospect of driving but sooner or later I'll have to learn how.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

That is rough... My Android can't import/receive files anymore. My mac completely ruined Android File Transfer, and no one is having the same problems I have (believe me, I've looked, and they're old topics). It stinks because I have hundreds of images to transfer over and new music I want to add :L

Updates can suck big time...

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm somewhat of a neet I guess lol

I'm getting an online education while at home.

I don't have a job but I'm intent one getting one this year.

Kinda nervous at the prospect but I don't expect to be amazing at it. As long as I don't get treated like **** and it pays well for the shifts I have to work, I'll probably be content with what I first go for.

Also I'm utterly terrified at the prospect of driving but sooner or later I'll have to learn how.
Well, you are getting education to better yourself, this isn't nothing.

Also, agreed about driving. My dad really wants me to teach me how but I can't shake off the fear of driving a car.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Both my sisters tried to get drivers licenses before I did, but it resulted in a ton of drama between the two of them and my parents. My dad has zero patience and is a horrible teacher because of that while my mom always tries to bail out of things at the last second.

After seeing all that drama I didn't even try. I just bike everywhere. Cars are also way more expensive then I care for anyway.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well, you are getting education to better yourself, this isn't nothing.

Also, agreed about driving. My dad really wants me to teach me how but I can't shake off the fear of driving a car.
Once you get over that fear, it is worth it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Shroob Shroob

Is it possible to find work at home through the internet?

There are several potential jobs I'm sure.

D

Deleted member

Didn't get my license until I was 19 because the idea of driving scared me, but honestly once I got behind the wheel and learned the basics and what was what the rest came pretty easy. Driving a car is really not that hard, I probably had a harder time passing the written tests for my permit than I had with my actual driving exam.
The real problem comes from other drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom