• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Shroob Shroob

Is it possible to find work at home through the internet?

There are several potential jobs I'm sure.
I've honestly never looked into it, but therein also lies that I don't have a bank account setup anymore.

I have a driver's license, but I'm a danger on the road due to a lack of experience, and no method of transportation. My one friend would help, but he lives about 20 miles away.... in Canada, so there's a border between us.

I've been more or less living as a leech on people via handouts via Paypal, and trust me, I realize how pathetic that is.

I 'have' an opportunity since I live literally across the street from our local grocery store now, but every time I've applied for graveyard shift, I've been shot down.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Funny... When I was a kid, I played Daytona USA at Chuck'E Cheese's once with a friend. We both joked that we would be terrible drivers when we grow up. As it turns out, the fear stuck, but for different reasons. I have a tendency to screw up on basic tasks, and I get called out constantly for being a klutz.

I have this fear that the tiniest error on the road will lead to catastrophic consequences, and it'll be 100% my fault for the casualties. I just can't trust myself not to do the wrong thing at the wrong time. Driving also needs good perception of space, which feels like threading the needle for tight places.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Poop *** FireFox updated and killed all of my plugins because they don't meet new standards and doesn't let me install a new version of AdBlock.

Big Fat F for the Dream Theater Theme I used for 6 years
uBlock Origin gave me the option to fix it after a sec, thank goodness.

But I'm really buttmad that my Splatoon theme broke and there's no Smash Bros theme that's actually compatible that I can replace it with.

Come oooooon I can excuse having only two themes on Switch but on a deliberately open source platform I'm just salty.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I once didn't like to drive because I was scared on the road.

Now I don't like to drive because I'm bored on the road.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've honestly never looked into it, but therein also lies that I don't have a bank account setup anymore.

I have a driver's license, but I'm a danger on the road due to a lack of experience, and no method of transportation. My one friend would help, but he lives about 20 miles away.... in Canada, so there's a border between us.

I've been more or less living as a leech on people via handouts via Paypal, and trust me, I realize how pathetic that is.

I 'have' an opportunity since I live literally across the street from our local grocery store now, but every time I've applied for graveyard shift, I've been shot down.
I actually meant working at home.

There are several jobs that allow you to work at home.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
uBlock Origin gave me the option to fix it after a sec, thank goodness.

But I'm really buttmad that my Splatoon theme broke and there's no Smash Bros theme that's actually compatible that I can replace it with.

Come oooooon I can excuse having only two themes on Switch but on a deliberately open source platform I'm just salty.
snrk salty squid.

I sympathize but alliteration is just like super amusing right now and I'm picturing your face like

3ee.jpg

And I don't know what I find amusing but I do, I'm sorry, don't know what's up with me.

I honestly really hope they clear it up for ya. Fingers crossed.

I'm definitely listening, though I'm unsure what exactly I could get with only a high-school diploma and no further education.
Once upon a time, way, way back in 2010-2012 or so, I had a gig with a company called Lionbridge.

Did a lot of identification work - kind of like solving visual captchas for eight hours a day. Amazon Mechanical Turk stuff.

It ain't the world's best but they're still around and the money's on the up and up so it might be an option. Can look into it here.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm definitely listening, though I'm unsure what exactly I could get with only a high-school diploma and no further education.
I know one guy in real life who's job is to watch YouTube videos and see if they violate copyright guidelines.

He gets to pick his hours and is paid more then I am. It is apparently a bit of a closed group that's hired but it just shows what possible.

Here. Google, at home careers and see what you find. I'll look for some right now.

EDIT:
Here's an article on some possibilities. Any of these look good?

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/work-from-home-careers-3542835

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

11:30 pm me be like

hrmmmhmmmm
tryna bake naked
nake baked
don't make sense
ain't got a defense
lawyer
like tom sawyer
why does everything i do feel so... unreal. like it's not even me doing the things. i hate this feeling and i've been feeling it and it's stupid and i wish it would end. it just doesn't feel right
the destroyer
of worlds
got some pearls
took 'em off a granny
call her nanny
say whatever the **** this means i must

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
11:30 pm me be like

hrmmmhmmmm

say whatever the **** this means i must
imagine typing this abstract poetry immediately after dropping the hard truth about three houses

dunno if that makes sense but every layer like the hair or hats and such looks like they're just png files dragged onto the character in photoshop rather then being organically added to their portrait
every character bar byleth and edelgard/claude looks like they were generated in RPG maker

1556967653254.png
1556967664521.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

imagine typing this abstract poetry immediately after dropping the hard truth about three houses
it's true though
i mean i was thinking about it after browsing through the the fe wiki's th gallery and i saw this dorothea girl
Dorothea_headshot.png

look at that hat. i mean it's snazzy but it feels so lazily added to her portrait it literally looks like a drag-and-drop ps job

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

every character bar byleth and edelgard/claude looks like they were generated in RPG maker

View attachment 215778View attachment 215779
I think Linhardt looks fine though. Hubert's kinda eh, but maybe the full portrait looks better.

The Black Eagles as a whole have some of the better designs in the game.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
it's true though
i mean i was thinking about it after browsing through the the fe wiki's th gallery and i saw this dorothea girl
View attachment 215782
look at that hat. i mean it's snazzy but it feels so lazily added to her portrait
it's because it doesn't cast shadows or seem to affect her portrait at all

the only 'shadow' on the hat is one baked into the hat graphic itself (aka the little lazy 'shadow' line drawn just under the brim and nowhere else)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
it's true though
View attachment 215782
look at that hat. i mean it's snazzy but it feels so lazily added to her portrait it literally looks like a drag-and-drop ps job
This image beg for a "Get Smoked Hat" Edit.

D

Deleted member

I love every single one of you so ****ing much aaaaaaaaa I'm so happy rn

D

Deleted member

7:19 am chillin watching my mans

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom