• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Naoto Ohshima has dropped some movie Sonic art and had something to say again.

Can’t really blame Sonic creators like Ohshima and Yuji Naka, the fathers of Sonic, for their views on this. They’ve said it before and I’ll relay the message here; Sonic is a cartoon and he’s designed to be one.

There's no such thing as realistic Sonic; you're either realistic, or you're not Sonic. What’s done is done and everyone and their mothers have said their piece so there’s no reason in complaining too much at this point.
When I look at that art, I can see this somehow.

Really just the pose.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Edrick gets revealed a day before the main Spotlight in a Smash Direct.
Then Nintendo proceeds to choke the rest of the E3 because no Metroid and no other reveals.

The kerchoo timeline

D

Deleted member

It's happened before
That's never a good mentality to have with Nintendo expectations, IMO.

We all thought we'd get a Direct last month because obviously they gotta, Joker was coming!

...And then they casually tossed him out on Twitter, lol.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually I have a question.

Multiple people here think two third parties can happen at E3.

However iirc there has never been two third party reveals from different companies at one event.

Likely because different companies won’t want to share the spotlight.

So with that said do you all think two third parties from different companies is possible at E3?

Maybe it’s a big third party and one 1st party? Maybe from a new franchise?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I feel like someone needs to really up the ante with these bets, like if Steve gets in you legally change your IRL name to Steve or if Banjo gets it you are henceforth known as Benjamin Joseph Kazooie

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Edrick gets revealed a day before the main Spotlight in a Smash Direct.
Then Nintendo proceeds to choke the rest of the E3 because no Metroid and no other reveals.

The kerchoo timeline
we bout to get erdrick at the start of the direct followed by some small game announcements then 20 minutes of animal crossing with no more smash news at the end

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Absolutely nobody:
Me: have another drawing I did today folks
A1A48C36-BE69-4709-83DD-8A14300D8FA5.jpeg
I hope I’m improving. I think I am. I used to not be able to develop skills cause I wanted to do everything at once and I never focused on one, and I gave up easily because fear of failure and lack of improvement

I decided to focus on drawing from this point on, dabbling in other things when I get better.

So I hope y’all don’t mind my art posts every once in a while

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Considering dlc is going all the way to February 2020 were getting the dlc reveals very slowly

funny to think people expected "brave" to be revealed in the february direct earlier this year

D

Deleted member

We really need to stop with these account deleting bets

Please... I'm still grieving the loss of Tots. I don't want see anymore of y'all leaving.
Don't patronize me with this "I actually care about you" stuff! It's not gonna work!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Absolutely nobody:
Me: have another drawing I did today folks
I hope I’m improving. I think I am. I used to not be able to develop skills cause I wanted to do everything at once and I never focused on one, and I gave up easily because fear of failure and lack of improvement

I decided to focus on drawing from this point on, dabbling in other things when I get better.

So I hope y’all don’t mind my art posts every once in a while
Nah, I don't mind em.

D

Deleted member

Two reveals at E3 is possible, but I just wouldn't expect it. Nintendo are the kings of left field; they don't ever do what you think they will.

For all we know, 4.0 is just Erdrick, and we gotta wait for like, August or something for another reveal. Depends on what the development timeline is right now.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Bet: if the Erdrick is revealed at E3 I’m changing my name to Pyro for a month and photoshopping Pyro’s head from TF2 onto Pyra’s body to use as an avatar

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Two reveals at E3 is possible, but I just wouldn't expect it. Nintendo are the kings of left field; they don't ever do what you think they will.

For all we know, 4.0 is just Erdrick, and we gotta wait for like, August or something for another reveal. Depends on what the development timeline is right now.
To be fair, we had Ryu, Roy, and Lucas around the same time frame, or am I missing something?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As others have said, there's good reason to expect 2 characters at E3. Not only has E3 provided at least 2 characters every year for a reveal, but based on the timing...it just makes sense.

So we have that tidbit that was actually sent to players at the launch of the game (Push tweeted about it the last few days) in which it was stated that Fighter #2 and Fighter #3 were being worked on at that moment.

Regardless of who Brave truly is (Spoiler: It's probably Erdrick) they were in the coding at the same time as Joker. This would keep things somewhat consistent. In addition, as of June Nintendo will have about 8 months to release the rest of the characters...not to reveal, to release. They will not reveal the last character in 2/2020 unless it's a similar thing to Joker, and who's to say that can't happen? Regardless, they need to strategize their releases. It only makes sense.

Sure, there's a bunch for Nintendo to talk about. Dragon Quest XI, Animal Crossing, Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and a ton of others. But I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they have a separate broadcast for Smash, just like they did when they revealed Roy and Ryu, and then released those two with Lucas at the conclusion of the broadcast.

Could we get 1 character? Maybe. I think it's far more likely we get two and they're either released immediately following the broadcast, or one is released that day and the other in August. It's doubtful we'd get another extended period of time like we did between the reveal of Joker and the release of Joker at this rate. Something has to give.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom