• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m actually looking quite forward to my upcoming article to get posted on Smashboards. I think it’s one of my finest written pieces for Smash.

Hopefully my recent episode of ****posting doesn’t sully my image of “logical thinking Smash guy” all that much.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m actually looking quite forward to my upcoming article to get posted on Smashboards. I think it’s one of my finer written pieces for Smash.

Hopefully my recent episode of ****posting doesn’t sully my image all that much.
First rule of ****posting is never show any drop of regret

You swing through, damn it

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
He’s not bad, but so far he isn’t really clicking for me, maybe I just need to hear more of him as Sonic in more trailers. I’m trying to think of other actors that would fit Sonic just was well if not more than Schwartz.
I want to blame that on the script. Wouldn't be the first time Sonic actors got hindered by bad performance direction or anything either. Sonic Adventure has infamously bad direction due to it being "Do what the Japanese actors did" and Jason Griffith took until Black Knight to prove his worth. Roger Craig Smith personally sounds a bit too mature for Sonic imo but he's cool

Noipoi

Howdy!
I want to blame that on the script. Wouldn't be the first time Sonic actors got hindered by bad performance direction or anything either. Sonic Adventure has infamously bad direction due to it being "Do what the Japanese actors did" and Jason Griffith took until Black Knight to prove his worth. Roger Craig Smith personally sounds a bit too mature for Sonic imo but he's cool
There is nothing wrong with TERIYAAAAA

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I see we were talking about NSFW stuff.

my kink.PNG

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the Sonic Movie seems a lot like some other movies.

SONIC
Character reacts with a dart gun.
Goverment is trying to stop unkown thing.
Goverment gets villain to do the dirty work.
Unkown thing teams up with human.

DETECTIVE PIKACHU
Character reacts with a stapler gun.

BUMBLEBEE

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Did something happen with Erdrick?

I've been in a bit of a funk today and haven't been following things, lol.
no, just that reddit speculation is the general public who barely know about brave while smashboards speculation is hyper-tuned conspiracy **** 24/7 that knows the seventh fighter's pass character years in advance

MainJPW

M.T.A
Naoto Ohshima has dropped some movie Sonic art and had something to say again.

Can’t really blame Sonic creators like Ohshima and Yuji Naka, the fathers of Sonic, for their views on this. They’ve said it before and I’ll relay the message here; Sonic is a cartoon and he’s designed to be one.

There's no such thing as realistic Sonic; you're either realistic, or you're not Sonic. What’s done is done and everyone and their mothers have said their piece so there’s no reason in complaining too much at this point.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Soon...
Gohan_de_la_espada.png

CHADrick is upon us, judging from the skies above, scanning, ruminating... He is looking for those who he deems worthy, those who are worth sparing, and those who are to be smitten for treason. CHADrick sees all.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So I was teaching today...well, I teach juniors and seniors, and the senior class is Drama & Film. The juniors, because I teach in New York State, have to pass the State Regents Exam to graduate high school. That said, they have to complete 24 multiple choice questions which are based on 3 different reading passages, a 6 paragraph argumentative essay which is based on 4 different texts, and a literary analysis based on 1 text.

Pyra Pyra that's what a final exam looks like.

Anyway, I was telling one class what they could expect to be on the exam, and a student asked for an example of what the text could be for the Part 3 literary analysis. The exchange kinda went like this:

Student: Uh, Mr. Jones (not my real last name), can you give us an example of what would be on the Part 3?

Me: I mean, I could. But you might not be familiar with it. Think about this...

Student: Come on, you have to know at least one-

Me: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

D

Deleted member

Naoto Ohshima has dropped some movie Sonic art and had something to say again.

Can’t really blame Sonic creators like Ohshima and Yuji Naka, the fathers of Sonic, for their views on this. They’ve said it before and I’ll relay the message here; Sonic is a cartoon and he’s designed to be one.

There's no such thing as realistic Sonic; you're either realistic, or you're not Sonic. What’s done is done and everyone and their mothers have said their piece so there’s no reason in complaining too much at this point.
I mean, you can do it, but it’s gonna be real hard to do well.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I was teaching today...well, I teach juniors and seniors, and the senior class is Drama & Film. The juniors, because I teach in New York State, have to pass the State Regents Exam to graduate high school. That said, they have to complete 24 multiple choice questions which are based on 3 different reading passages, a 6 paragraph argumentative essay which is based on 4 different texts, and a literary analysis based on 1 text.

Anyway, I was telling one class what they could expect to be on the exam, and a student asked for an example of what the text could be for the Part 3 literary analysis. The exchange kinda went like this:

Student: Uh, Mr. Jones (not my real last name), can you give us an example of what would be on the Part 3?

Me: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Goddammit NO

Stop corrupting Younglings!

D

Deleted member

472552255560744960 (1).png

i'm scared of this jonesx****posting crossover event

D

Deleted member

Yeah I don't think you have to worry about sullying your image anymore.

Shroob

Sup?
So pretty much like everyone was already expecting:

Erdrick shown off and dropped the day of E3 and a 2nd character revealed and slated for a later date.

D

Deleted member

Soon...
View attachment 215073
CHADrick is upon us, judging from the skies above, scanning, ruminating... He is looking for those who he deems worthy, those who are worth sparing, and those who are to be smitten for treason. CHADrick sees all.
Honestly, Erdrick is pretty much my most wanted atm as I love Dragon Quest. I find that the heroes in DQ embody pretty much the spirit of the series better than the monsters, and Erdrick being the one with the biggest legacy (and also having a female alt) makes me want the rumors being truth about him being in.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Honestly, the Sonic Movie seems a lot like some other movies.

SONIC
Character reacts with a dart gun.

DETECTIVE PIKACHU
Character reacts with a stapler gun.

BUMBLEBEE
Speaking of Bumblebee, I wonder if Dylan O’Brien would’ve fit Sonic as well?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
when people assuming two reps at e3 is guaranteed just because it's a big event

1556836481469.png

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Nah mate, Erdrick shown off and dropped the day BEFORE e3.
Regardless, Erdrick is big right now and we're expecting him somewhere within that time window.

Honestly, Erdrick is pretty much my most wanted atm as I love Dragon Quest. I find that the heroes in DQ embody pretty much the spirit of the series better than the monsters, and Erdrick being the one with the biggest legacy (and also having a female alt) makes me want the rumors being truth about him being in.
And if not him, or Steve, or Doomguy, or Ryu Hayabusa, literally anything else is a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom