• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
the Pokemon fandom is usually almost as bad as the Sonic fandom
It'd be a shame if those two came together with other terrible fandoms because of a major gaming crossover, to create an even more terrible one...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't know, but I do know that I've seen exactly one confirmed incel on the Splatoon subreddit, and that was because that subreddit is so well behaved normally that when someone started trolling another person looked at their post history and it turned into horrified rubbernecking. Dude shaved his girlfriend's cat as some kind of revenge for something.

But then the Splatoon fandom is usually really good and the Pokemon fandom is usually almost as bad as the Sonic fandom, so that might uh

That might explain something.
All I know about Splatoon fans is that they're VERY accepting of LGBT people and make memes like "GENDER IS A MYTH CREATED BY THE CHURCH TO STOP YOU FROM EATING THE COMMUNION WAFERS"

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
No one incident in particular, but just something I've noticed in general.

Like, it's so weird too.
I admit I've never spent time there, but...ain't really seeing it off a casual glance?

shrug.png

Didn't exactly scroll to the bottom anywhere or anything, Iunno. Maybe **** sinks.

That or you're in literally all the purest areas of Reddit other than this one and I genuinely envy you for it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay but why are there a disproportionate amount of incels on the Pokémon sub compared to every other subreddit I read?
I just took a look to see what you may have brought this on and it took me less then a minute to find a user called "Gorgeous-Incel", and based on their comment they didn't seem to be being ironic either. Yikes.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
All I know about Splatoon fans is that they're VERY accepting of LGBT people and make memes like "GENDER IS A MYTH CREATED BY THE CHURCH TO STOP YOU FROM EATING THE COMMUNION WAFERS"
god bless them, one and all

1556809355201.png

D

Deleted member

I don't know, but I do know that I've seen exactly one confirmed incel on the Splatoon subreddit, and that was because that subreddit is so well behaved normally that when someone started trolling another person looked at their post history and it turned into horrified rubbernecking. Dude shaved his girlfriend's cat as some kind of revenge for something.

But then the Splatoon fandom is usually really good and the Pokemon fandom is usually almost as bad as the Sonic fandom, so that might uh

That might explain something.
I find the term 'confirmed incel' amusing. Is there a specific set of criteria? Is it like a checklist? Or is it more a general depravity and state of mind?

D

Deleted member

Okay but why are there a disproportionate amount of incels on the Pokémon sub compared to every other subreddit I read?
Did something in particular happen or is this just a general thing? And should I dare checking?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmmm. LGBT options in Splatoon 3 perhaps?

When are we going to get a game about an LGBT character? It doesn’t have to be about that struggle. Just that’s who they are as a person. Like, just because Hat Kid is female doesn’t mean A Hat in Time is about Women’s Rights.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah, you'd love the Splatoon fandom, they're probably the single most accepting fandom I've seen at least from a cursory view of the subreddit, Tumblr (like, Tumblr is generally more LGBT friendly than most sites but the Splatoon fandom is REALLY LGBT friendly to the point where one of the most popular comics partially centers around a character that the writer insists is referred to as they/them), and the constant stream of LGBT acceptance memes literally every couple of weeks in-game.

All that ink must really come in handy for painting rainbows.

D

Deleted member

When are we going to get a game about an LGBT character? It doesn’t have to be about that struggle. Just that’s who they are as a person. Like, just because Hat Kid is female doesn’t mean A Hat in Time is about Women’s Rights.
I mean, Corrin is a bi icon. And I'm sure there might be other games with LGBT protagonists I can't remember off the top of my head.
But yeah, more would be nice.

D

Deleted member

while we do have a bit of gay rep, it's mostly kept to smaller indie projects

kinda wish there were more explicitly gay mcs in bigger triple-a titles yeah

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I find the term 'confirmed incel' amusing. Is there a specific set of criteria? Is it like a checklist? Or is it more a general depravity and state of mind?
Posting on incel subreddits and ranting about how all women are evil incarnate is a pretty good tell.

Yes this guy did both of those things. Was almost kind of hilarious in a sad sort of way.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yo gamers, can we talk how Omega is a amazing dancer?
D2S5v17VYAEsNnV.jpg

D

Deleted member

I mean, Corrin is a bi icon. And I'm sure there might be other games with LGBT protagonists I can't remember off the top of my head.
corrin is bi but also incestual so that cancels out the iconicness

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Corrin may be a disastrous bi but that's not a good example to recommend
tfw both the LGBT romance options in fates are the two creepy-ass "i would **** you even if you were a table" characters

not the best look

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
while we do have a bit of gay rep, it's mostly kept to smaller indie projects

kinda wish there were more explicitly gay mcs in bigger triple-a titles yeah
I still say the perfect place to start is more Lesbian, Gay, Bixexual, and Trans characters in fighting games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, and SoulCalibur. Those games are all about huge, diverse, ensemble casts.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
tfw both the LGBT romance options in fates are the two creepy-*** "i would **** you even if you were a table" characters

not the best look
Niles is actually a cool ass character

tharja 2.0 Im not sure about because I barely remeber her and I think she was birthright

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Cos Detective Pikachu is pushing that gosh dang ess jayy doubleyouuu propaganda :mad:

Srsly though I've seen people posting stuff to this effect and I'm not sure what planet they're living on

D

Deleted member

You both have good points to which I have no way to contest but I'm gonna dig my hole deep underground and continue to insist I'm right because my pride will refuse to acknowledge I was wrong.
it's not pride month yet that's illegal

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Umm... not sure you wanna use Corrin as an example here.

Especially if you wanna promote good LGBT protagonists.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
it's not pride month yet that's illegal
What are you talking about? We went from Gaypril to Gay a few days ago
You both have good points to which I have no way to contest but I'm gonna dig my hole deep underground and continue to insist I'm right because my pride will refuse to acknowledge I was wrong.
I raised you well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom