• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I’m back for now.

But can I be real?

The biggest reason I came back?

Cause I keep seething reading this thread wanting to reply to some things and not being able to.

For instance

Boy are you self aware even at all
starting off strong I see

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Ok, I'm just gonna say this, and I'm not calling out specific users since I'm seeing a lot of this in this thread:
I am a Steve supporter. I do not care for Banjo. I do not care if he gets in or not, as I care more for Steve.

However, I do not go around this thread parading that that I am 100% repulsed by Banjo, I do not go around saying how Banjo Kazooie is a trash franchise, and I do not go around saying that Banjo is filth and should not touch Smash. If I did that, I would be dunked on so hard that I would be ran off the boards.

But most importantly, I have this thing called respect. I respect those who want characters like Banjo, or Isaac, or Shadow, or whatever. Just because some characters don't appeal to me doesn't mean I should rain on everyone's parade just to voice my hate on a bundle of pixels possibly making it into a crossover fighting game. Maybe a jab or two, but never a full blown rant. That's annoying to those who actually want said character, and that it makes you guys look like an entitled brats. You're not getting anywhere, your just making people lose respect for you, unless you don't care for your image.
And if you hate when people completely **** on your idea of a good character, then what gives makes it right for you to completely **** on their idea of a good character?

Cut that out.
Now I know why they call you TheMightyP, because this right here is one Mighty Post. Seriously, well-****ing-said. It's a shame the fandom is constantly at war with itself. Someone wants a character playable, and they display passions toward them, and either people lambast them for having those aspirations, or become part of the problem that plagues the community (i.e. asserting their insecurities onto other fandoms by saying their choice is "superior" and "deserving"). It's **** like this why I lay low on character predictions and discussions unless it's politely encouraged.

I'll admit, I don't care for either Banjo, Steve, Doomguy, Ryu, Erdrick, Sora, or what have you, but they're all discussed to death and frankly I can wait patiently to see what else is in store, regardless of how I feel about the results. While the sour side of this fandom goes for each other's throats, I'll be here ruminating and contributing to friendly discussions like always. I'll gladly meme away at whatever we get next, just happy that this game is relevant enough to talk about at all. Maybe we'll move onto the next big topic and hopefully we're as active about those topics on here as we are with Smash. Given how discussions fluctuate in this thread however, I have good faith it has the legs to keep standing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
you're like the PPMD of this thread
I know his name not his story- I don’t really get this hahaha
Crunchyroll be like: You mean Green Tea

*hug*
Hey pal, you can always shoot me a DM
Thanks Gwen. Just in a super super dark place recently. My ego took a massive hit and I wanted to delete my account the other day but I calmed down a bit and decided against it haha

D

Deleted member

Bro.

Also I gave it some thought y’all. For now I’ll stay chill since I’ve got a bad habit of reading through anyway... sorry for the massive scare or whatever and sorry for making y’all worried about me.

I really do feel like garbage sometimes here, but I’ll simply try to not voice my thoughts on some subjects in order to avoid giving myself any grief. It wasn’t anything any of you guys did, just a lot of external and internal conflict.

****, I’m even under the suspicion that I’m slowly actually losing it- the other night I woke up at like 3 am, went to use the bathroom and I swear my face was melting off lol... went back to bed and woke up later drenched in sweat. My memory issues are getting a little worse the more I tunnel vision to avoid my stressors.

But damn it I really don’t think it’s wise of me to quit one of my emotional support communities cold turkey. I was going to quit quit after a little while... kinda left that part out maybe, but really this place has been one of the many things that have been helping me through tough times- not that it doesn’t give me any but it’s negligible.

Anyway, sorry guys. I’m still here. No more “this is making me wanna die”-esque posts.
You done nothing wrong, and welcome back!
I hope everything gets better for you, and your future becomes more positive!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’m back for now.

But can I be real?

The biggest reason I came back?

Cause I keep seething reading this thread wanting to reply to some things and not being able to.

For instance

Boy are you self aware even at all
Ah yes, anger, the greatest motivator of them all.

Feeling Motivated.png

Let the hate steel your resolve.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
With that latest bit of information that Japanese fans received about the 2nd and 3rd fighters, it seems obvious that we’re getting two picks at E3.

Although, I thought that was obvious. The only questions now are who they are, and if they’ll release at the same time.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
With that latest bit of information that Japanese fans received about the 2nd and 3rd fighters, it seems obvious that we’re getting two picks at E3.

Although, I thought that was obvious. The only questions now are who they are, and if they’ll release at the same time.
It's recent to us, but the statement apparently was said around the time the game first came out.

So I'd say a dual reveal at E3 is practically guaranteed, considering the timing of the statement means they've been working on both characters since December.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wait so you came back because you were literally too angry to stay dead?
Are... Are you the Doom Slayer?
I have an unfortunate addiction to moral support is actually the real primary reason I’m back but also I’ve read things in the last couple of days that made me wanna slap alphazealot for not shutting the site down

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
top 10 photos taken moments before disaster
If they don’t reveal two characters I will call my back doctor and request that they straighten my spine.

Once that happens, I will no longer have a crooked spine, therefore I can’t be Scoliosis Jones anymore, which means I will change my name.

Or none of that, because I refuse to make dumb bets.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
God this feels so ****ing empty. Where’s Tots to make a Scott the Woz reference? Where’s faygoshill to make a Xenoblade reference? Where’s Toaster to also make a Xenoblade reference?
Be the reference you want to be.

Sometimes you just gotta grab life by the horns and SHAKE IT UNTIL IT MOOS

D

Deleted member

I have an unfortunate addiction to moral support is actually the real primary reason I’m back but also I’ve read things in the last couple of days that made me wanna slap alphazealot for not shutting the site down
It's not a bad thing to be addicted to moral support.
Either way, I will give as much moral support as I can!

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
You should all know that it was I who started the John Dylan Smith fandom and before that everyone hated him so you are all welcome and you owe your stanhood to me

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm 23 years old and only now realized that "howdy" is probably short for how do you do.

I'm a terrible cowboy.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey guys, what happened with the Steve leak?
Wasn't a leak to begin with. The dude was just speculating, and was really confused when people blew it out of proportion.

D

Deleted member

All the talk about likes a couple pages ago reminds me of my garbage post-to-like ratio and that I should feel bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom