• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I still maintain that no one is going to buy a whole separate console because of one character in one game
Sonic in Brawl solidified my desire for a Wii and from what I hear some old gamers bought a Switch very excitedly because of their love for CastleVania shortly after the Belmonts were announced
Of all days today had to be the day we get back to the Microsoft debate. I’m sad now.
Also another reply to this is simple. There's someone great out there who you should try and improve your life on, solely for their sake. Want to know who that is?

The girl reading this

D

Deleted member

Yup. Know some people who are big Persona fans that did not care about Smash at all until Joker's reveal. It promotes and sells the game well since it makes nee people eager to try the series.

Chief would 100% have that effect. Mascot of the Xbox family and Halo has a wide reach of players. Put in Chief and people with Xboxes will want to try, and possibly buy, the game.
Really? Okay **** me. The only thing against MC at this point was that his creator disconfirmed him.

D

Deleted member

The only thing against MC at this point was that his creator disconfirmed him.
You say this like it's no big deal, when in reality it literally means the character isn't getting in. Unless his creator has a track record for messing with people or misinterpreting info, and if so, please tell me!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Really? Okay **** me. The only thing against MC at this point was that his creator disconfirmed him.
Halo was a huge deal in the 2000s. Halo 3 had to be the most anticipated game ever in terms of marketing, promotions, etc. It was something else.

It is not what it used to be since the developer change, but the hype for Halo Infinity and MCC fixes is definitely there and noticeable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
To be entirely honest, I don’t really care who fighter pack 3 is as long as it isn’t Steve
Sakurai: "We proudly announce that Fighter Pack 2 is Erdrick and Fighter Pack 3 is.... Dante from the Devil May Cry series!"
ThatOneAnon: "This is cool because it isn't Steve!"
Sakurai: "Also Fighter Pack 4 will be Minecraft Steve!"
ThatOneAnon: "This is cool because he specifically isn't the third one!"

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Sakurai: "We proudly announce that Fighter Pack 2 is Erdrick and Fighter Pack 3 is.... Dante from the Devil May Cry series!"
My hatred for Minecraft goes beyond reason.

D

Deleted member

Halo was a huge deal in the 2000s. Halo 3 had to be the most anticipated game ever in terms of marketing, promotions, etc. It was something else.

It is not what it used to be since the developer change, but the hype for Halo Infinity and MCC fixes is definitely there and noticeable.

It's such a big deal that you even doubleposted to emphasize it. How could I be so blind?

But seriously, this is a case of me not knowing the hype of the character so this is good to know.

You say this like it's no big deal, when in reality it literally means the character isn't getting in. Unless his creator has a track record for messing with people or misinterpreting info, and if so, please tell me!
The tweet isn't exactly new information.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can’t even get excited at the idea of my silver boy getting in. What is wrong with me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To be entirely honest, I don’t really care who fighter pack 3 is as long as it isn’t Steve
Yeah, we already got 1 Steve. :ultpiranha:

Two Steve? What is that, Sakurai? It's not like we got characters sharing the same name or anything!

D

Deleted member

Two reveals at E3 would be pretty neat, but I'm not gonna go in expecting it.

...TBH, though, as curious as I am to see the other fighters, I'm good with just Joker. I'd much rather hear about Luigi's Mansion 3 or Animal Crossing right now, lol.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I can’t even get excited at the idea of my silver boy getting in. What is wrong with me.
Depression can hit really ****ing hard sometimes. In my case, I tried watching a show a while ago lots of people loved and I couldn't get into it at all after 13 episodes. Two years later, after my life improves somewhat, I tried again and ended up loving it. Our brains are weird. Then again depression is a weak ass illness because if it wants me to die that badly it should kill me itself instead of suggesting me too

KMDP

Smash Legend
Found this earlier.
Damn it, Toei stop making want to start watching the One Piece anime again!

Also, holy crap, the One Piece anime is 20 years old this year, and it's about to start a new arc, possibly the biggest one yet.

D

Deleted member

I don't understand. Just because the tweet is old info doesn't mean what he said isn't true. Could you explain? I'm a little confused.
The tweet is a big deal, but it wasn't the focus of my conversation. The topic was Halo's marketing influence if it as in Smash Bros. Hence why the tweet didn't really matter for the entirety of it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, we already got 1 Steve. :ultpiranha:

Two Steve? What is that, Sakurai? It's not like we got characters sharing the same name or anything!
Uhhhh excuse me, Steve is actually the red Pikmin

By the way can I just say that the X-Men animated series is up there with Batman TAS for "Best cartoon intro"? Without needing to utter a single word, we learn what the show is all about just by the scenes given to us. Fantastic.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So... we actually have confirmation that the 3rd DLC character is in the works. Didn't expect that when I woke up today.

So 1st off, let's not just automatically assume it's a Microsoft character guys... I know we like to speculate on Banjo/Steve a lot and E3 would probably be the logical place to reveal them, but don't just get tunnel vision and focus on just Microsoft characters.

That's... a pretty big "only thing" there buddy.

Even if someone can make an argument saying otherwise, the fact that the creator said that MC isn't in Smash is a pretty big deal.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
1556728007189.png

ea5 (1).png

See what the crew ain't presently aware of is that I'm expecting something to arrive on Friday by 8:00 PM.

Something that I sure the **** don't want showing up publicly after game night starts at 7:30 PM.

But it's vastly the better pick and Sunday screws the highschoolers.

1556728255750.png

Pray for me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Master0fHyrule is saying on twitter that things are pointing to Steve being revealed at E3.

To put it into perspective, last year he leaked the E3 floor plan, with things like Smash memorabilia (Duck Hunt cans, Bayonetta's guns, and the Monado), months in advance.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, if Steve does become a playable character, I'm sure you'll remind us how much you despise Minecraft. ;T
I’ll just cry. And y’all will get to see it.

So Master0fHyrule is saying on twitter that things are pointing to Steve being revealed at E3.

To put it into perspective, last year he leaked the E3 floor plan, with things like Smash memorabilia (Duck Hunt cans, Bayonetta's guns, and the Monado), months in advance.
Oh yay. Maybe I should just record the video now and get it out of the way.

Wow. What a way for today to go.

Edit: I’m sorry I double posted. I’m ****.

D

Deleted member

For the record, here is his specific tweet.

I'm sweating in account deletion, y'all

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Interesting. But weird when you take into consideration the new manager at mojang was adamant of no Steve.

Maybe they didn’t get notified and Microsoft handled negotiations.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I still don't understand how the **** a literal random youtuber who just makes compilations of stuff managed to get their hands on the official Battlefield design

D

Deleted member

I believe he was also the one who leaked that image of battlefield before E3.

Steve really is Schrodinger's leak huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom