• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Idea: Super Smash Brothers X (pronounced cross). A Smash game where each company within gets equal representation.
Oh I would like that very much.

How many characters would each company have? I would suggest starting at 10-20 characters each and pair Atlus/Sega/Platinum together.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alright. Time for some good old-fashioned venting.

I work a cleaning job where I'm routinely treated poorly because I'm a contracted worker from another company, and the store I work in is part of a union company. There union cannot come to an agreement with the company, so the company hires out. But other than the managers of that store giving me and my boss ****, I enjoy the work. It's easy, and I'm fast at it. I work from about 9 in the evening to approximately midnight or one in the morning.

I'm exhausted from it all the time. In addition, my ankles are in near-constant pain. They're weak.

So my mom tells me she's heard of a job opening at another store. Similar work, but only for another dollar per hour than what I'm making. Both jobs are part-time, so she would expect me to do both. This job, however, is from 4-8 in the morning, three days a week, and though the person in charge guarantees my needed time off, and claims there is chance for raises, there's no way of putting the hours for either job closer to each other. In essence, to do both would require me to modify my sleep schedule to sleep during the day (I already have a difficult time getting to sleep). Am I being selfish to say I don't want to do that? I've had friends who had to do this exact kind of schedule shifting, and it absolutely KILLED what social life they HAD.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh I would like that very much.

How many characters would each company have? I would suggest starting at 10-20 characters each and pair Atlus/Sega/Platinum together.
Of course yes. So 10 characters each for Nintendo, SEGA/Atlus, Capcom, Bandai Namco, Konami, and Square. With the added rule of one character per franchise.

(Platinum doesn’t count because the actual rights to the characters they made are scattered among the companies that publish them.)

Now the question is, who do you pick?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Noipoi

Howdy!

I work a cleaning job where I'm routinely treated poorly because I'm a contracted worker from another company, and the store I work in is part of a union company. There union cannot come to an agreement with the company, so the company hires out. But other than the managers of that store giving me and my boss ****, I enjoy the work. It's easy, and I'm fast at it. I work from about 9 in the evening to approximately midnight or one in the morning.

I'm exhausted from it all the time. In addition, my ankles are in near-constant pain. They're weak.

So my mom tells me she's heard of a job opening at another store. Similar work, but only for another dollar per hour than what I'm making. Both jobs are part-time, so she would expect me to do both. This job, however, is from 4-8 in the morning, three days a week, and though the person in charge guarantees my needed time off, and claims there is chance for raises, there's no way of putting the hours for either job closer to each other. In essence, to do both would require me to modify my sleep schedule to sleep during the day (I already have a difficult time getting to sleep). Am I being selfish to say I don't want to do that? I've had friends who had to do this exact kind of schedule shifting, and it absolutely KILLED what social life they HAD.
It's not selfish, if you don't wanna do it then you don't wanna do it. You have your reasons.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well our next Spirit Board event has been announced.

>called "tails you win"
>doesn't have tails the fox being confirmed

this is false advertising

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Idea: Super Smash Brothers X (pronounced cross). A Smash game where each company within gets equal representation.
you have no idea how much of a legal complication this is

"uh, technically, since sega has five sonic characters and two yakuza characters, that means atlus needs at least 7 persona characters!!!"
"ackthually nintendo has 10 fighters so intelligent system needs 10 characters from awakening to compensate!!!"

NineS

Smash Lord
Sonic Movie not looking good to me. Best part of it so far seems to be Jim Carrey's performance.
Sonic's render overall seems okay to me. But there's some nitpicks.
For one, this shot of sonic:
Untitled.png
Did they have to give his back so many quills? You can hardly see his tail in the image. I did a slight edit.
Untitled1.png
It's simple, it's small, but it looks so much better to me. So much more like Sonic, from the back at least.There's also his face.

This face does not look like Sonic's face.
Untitled1.png
This face...
I mean, it looks like Sonic's face, but still kind of offputting. I'd say it's a plus that it actually looks more like Sonic, though.

They don't need to make it look full-on Sonic, but at least recognizably Sonic. It bothers me too much.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sonic Movie not looking good to me. Best part of it so far seems to be Jim Carrey's performance.
Sonic's render overall seems okay to me. But there's some nitpicks.
For one, this shot of sonic:
Did they have to give his back so many quills? You can hardly see his tail in the image. I did a slight edit.
It's simple, it's small, but it looks so much better to me. So much more like Sonic, from the back at least.There's also his face.

This face does not look like Sonic's face.
This face...
I mean, it looks like Sonic's face, but still kind of offputting. I'd say it's a plus that it actually looks more like Sonic, though.

They don't need to make it look full-on Sonic, but at least recognizably Sonic. It bothers me too much.
Fixed the Blue Arms

CWC approves

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
At this point, I'd rather just have Roger Rabbit Sonic edition than these Hollywood photorealistic CGI translations.
giphy-17.gif

Hold off on the Jessica Rabit character though, Rouge doesn't need to be there.

D

Deleted member

Hey, it is fine that you do not want to do that. Sleep is important, and you should keep it the way you want it.
I hope the managers of the store stop being mean to you and your boss.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

That sucks a ton, and I hope you can get this worked out. I don't think it's selfish for you to not want to do it. Is it that easy to get out of the job? Hell no.

It's not selfish, if you don't wanna do it then you don't wanna do it. You have your reasons.
...which is what this makes it seem like. When you put it that way, it kind of sounds like entitlement. "I don't want to, so I don't have to". This is not what I would recommend.

Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming , if you want my opinion, this is what I would do. Based on your comments, it seems that you enjoy your previous job except for your managers being ass holes. Sadly, there isn't much I can do about that, and I hope you can manage. From there, instead of not wanting to do the job, try to negotiate with your parents and the employer at the new part time job about your situation. Start off by making a list of the requirements you'll need to work at the new job effectively. You say you need more time. If you say that you need to allot this much time for sleep, that much time for yourself, and however much time for third activity, that will make your employer much more aware of your life, and your parents will have a better grasp of what you are looking for. If you aren't looking for a new job, then just tell that to your parents. If you are, or they need you to have that second job, that's where step two comes in. With the list of needs at the new job, set up time with your manager to discuss any potential work hour modification. If there is a document available (you just made the list) that lets your boss know exactly what you need and what you are looking for in the new job, it should be much easier to negotiate for what you want. Lastly, throughout this whole process, keep your parents notified. At this point, they should know that you are overworked, and that getting a second part-time job is conditional based on the amount of time you have for yourself and for sleep. Overworking yourself without requesting help or adjustments is the worst possible thing to do here. Bluntly, your parents probably won't accept you saying that "you don't want to do it, so you won't". Be prepared to let them know about WHY you are unable to pick up a new job, be it stress, social, whatever it is that is happening to you. This will look much better to everyone, your parents and your employer.

Sorry Noipoi Noipoi for using you as an example, please forgive me :(

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At this point, I'd rather just have Roger Rabbit Sonic edition than these Hollywood photorealistic CGI translations.
View attachment 214221

Hold off on the Jessica Rabit character though, Rouge doesn't need to be there.
Why though? If Sonic is supposed to be a real creature that actually exists, then why have him look like a cartoon. I will admit the design isn’t perfect, but a 1-1 translation wouldn’t work. It’s actually a problem I have with Detective Pikachu. Sure, they’re very faithful recreations of the designs, but they don’t look like actual animals that would really exist. They just look like photorealisticly textured cartoons.

I think the answer should have been an animated movie. But this is honestly the best they could do without it looking even weirder.

Also, I never liked the tan arms. Ever. Blue arms all the way.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That depends. Is changing your sleep schedule genuinely more important than having better working conditions?
It's not really going to improve working conditions, I'd still be working both jobs, and the people who give me problems already would still be giving me problems.

In fact, doing this would, to me, be far worse working conditions because I have crippling insomnia and can't sleep during the day.

D

Deleted member

The biggest problem with the Sonic movie (apart from having no soul or effort put into it) is that they even went live action in the first place.

Should have been an animated film with the games' voice cast.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Of course yes. So 10 characters each for Nintendo, SEGA/Atlus, Capcom, Bandai Namco, Konami, and Square. With the added rule of one character per franchise.

Now the question is, who do you pick?
Not quite there yet but here’s what I have so far:
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pokémon Trainer
Marth
Pit
Inkling
Sonic
NiGHTS
Akira
Joe Musashi
Beat
Amitie
Kiryu
Bayonetta
Joker
Mega Man
Ryu
Dante
Jill Valentine
Monster Hunter
Phoenix Wright
Arthur
Pac-Man
Heihachi
Lloyd Irving
Nightmare
KOS-MOS
The Prince
Dig Dug
Klonoa
Bomberman
Snake
Simon
Goemon
Bill Rizer
Cloud
Erdrick
Crono
Agnès
Lara Croft
Agent 47

Noipoi

Howdy!
The biggest problem with the Sonic movie (apart from having no soul or effort put into it) is that they even went live action in the first place.

Should have been an animated film with the games' voice cast.
Take the first cutscene from Unleashed.

Whole movie animated like that.

It's that simple

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
While I'm here, I might as well also say this. It's been on my mind a while.

I've gone back to identifying as male. I've realized that what I thought would improve my life, didn't end up doing that. I'm still equally miserable with who I am either way. The only person I care enough about that this would effect has told me she loves me regardless of who I am, and my moments of "clarity?" Were born from a desire to please her, because I thought I wasn't worthy of her affections.

Name's Nate. Sup?

Noipoi

Howdy!
While I'm here, I might as well also say this. It's been on my mind a while.

I've gone back to identifying as male. I've realized that what I thought would improve my life, didn't end up doing that. I'm still equally miserable with who I am either way. The only person I care enough about that this would effect has told me she loves me regardless of who I am, and my moments of "clarity?" Were born from a desire to please her, because I thought I wasn't worthy of her affections.

Name's Nate. Sup?
Howdy Nate! Folks call me Noipoi!

Don't ask who those folks are, you won't get a straight answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom