• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So I’m at the part where you all talk about icons, and I got one question, and it pertains to Xenoblade’s. You probably know what it is by now.

If Rex or Elma are added, would you still have their symbol as the Monado or have a different one? Since the Monado isn’t significant in either games they’re from.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So I’m at the part where you all talk about icons, and I got one question, and it pertains to Xenoblade’s. You probably know what it is by now.

If Rex or Elma would added, would you still have their symbol as the Monado or have a different one? Since the Monado isn’t significant in either games they’re from.
I mean, neither is the Falchion outside of FE1/3.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ladies and gentlemen, Nois and Pois, the (unofficial) Smashboards Minecraft server is open!!!

IP: SmashboardsMC.arernos.me
Version: 1.13

I’m turning it on right now. When it’s up, let me know if you want to be notified.
Eh I might join in some day in the future.

Count me in when it opens.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm late but i just wanted to throw my 2 cents on what i consider an important issue, i'm quoting you but mostly replying to the discussion as a whole.

I know it's frustrating but ignorance towards mental health issues is very common (i've seen my fair share, working with people suffering from them).

One thing that doesn't help tho is shutting down people when they simply lack the knowledge. @Michele and @Taylor F (for example) seem like pretty open minded individuals so shutting them down (somehow, antagonizing them in the process) is not only unnecessary imo but also a missed opportunity to share knowledge about an important issue. On the top of that, the 'don't talk about things you don't know' often contributes to solidify mental health problems as some kind of taboo since people are never too sure if they know enough to talk about it, so they just never talk about it.

One thing i've learned studying psychology: mental health should be treated like 'regular' health, something that anybody can discuss and ask questions about (it would help a great deal of people who, in addition to their inner suffering must also deal with the stigma of being labeled as 'mentally ill'*)

Anyways, what i want to say is, every bit of discussion that could help raise awareness is important (imo).

*the overly general label people tend to use because they don't know better, 'crazy' is a worse one but is also unfortunately pretty common.
I agree for the most part, but the fact stands that if people say incorrect stuff, myself and others are going to call them on it. Especially when it comes to issues we're passionate about.

It doesn't take much to think about what you've typed up or do some basic research if you want to contribute meaningfully to a conversation on a sensitive topic.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

If Rex or Elma are added, would you still have their symbol as the Monado or have a different one? Since the Monado isn’t significant in either games they’re from.

In some way the Monado is prominent in all games so it should be okay if all have the same symbol.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh boy, not exactly how I thought we would spend the extended Golden Week holiday.

With everyone getting the flu and it being rainy until Friday.

D

Deleted member

You ever accidentally click on the Post Reply button and have a ****ing heart attack but then realize you haven't typed anything yet anyway

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ladies and gents, the server is open! SneakyLink SneakyLink

I’m on right now. Love it if some of you guys can join.
I will join later tonight.

Got a paper but it’s mostly revised and a project but it’s mostly done.

Maybe I should change my Minecraft skin...

Unrelated but I own 6 versions of Minecraft.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

If Rex and/or Elma were playable, either I'd give all three the X symbol as a universal icon, or stick with unique symbols for each of them. The problem is that the three games are all unrelated just enough to where the Monado holds no significance to those games.

It's not like the Falchion symbol for Fire Emblem, since that in itself is a historical symbol to the rest of the future generations and by extension the Elseworld casts from Awakening and beyond (forgot when Fire Emblem started playing with alternate time-lines, sue me).

View attachment 213824

Now THIS is what I call a gamer assembly.
This is for that marble thing, right? Hot damn, it's been ages!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In regards to al the avengers talk all I gotta say is.

Warchamp7 Warchamp7 ‘s ass, now that’s Smashboards’s ass!

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also seems that

as per famitsu, one of P5R's palaces may have some kind of dream reality scene, and human morgana may only be a part of that

1556579297526.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

you know guys i'm not convinced shiny is as native english as he says he is
I am a native English speaker, though.
That is the only language I can speak quickly with.
Spanish I can kind of talk with, but I am not perfect with it.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
You ever accidentally click on the Post Reply button and have a ****ing heart attack but then realize you haven't typed anything yet anyway
Pretty much what happened over the course of April in the beginning, except the complete opposite. I forgot twice that I have a different tab open for that other thing, so sometimes when I work on that on the side with casual responses here, it gets loaded into the comment box and stupid me didn't notice.

I ended up accidentally submitting a wall of text that tags a bunch of people and they are rightly confused when I change the content and wonder what the hell they were tagged for. I dunno how I've held out for this long without getting strike 3.
View attachment 213829
For your consideration.

Disclaimer: this is a one-off joke. I do not intend on participating in any wars beyond this point.
My smug folder is slowly growing stronger.
Smug_Phos.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom