• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
There's this guy on YouTube named Alpharad. A recent series he began doing were these Level 9 CPU tournaments in which he commentates over CPUs duking it out like actual tournaments. It's pretty endearing and some moments are really hype. You have fun because Alpharad is having fun, essentially.

Anyway, Alpharad typically adds light story elements to these tournaments to keep them fresh. He made this mii called Vincent who's pretty much the main protagonist of the series in the sense that he gets the most dramatic commentary dedicated to him.
Oh, ok. I haven't watched an Alpharad video in a long time so I was wondering why this painter dude became such a sensation

D

Deleted member

Oh, ok. I haven't watched an Alpharad video in a long time so I was wondering why this painter dude became such a sensation
It's not the painter dude. It's the mii of the painter dude, and he's the hero we all needed in our life but never knew we wanted.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
NateVO is working to get Faygoshill, Pyra, and TotsBS back! All he needs is your mom's credit card number!

This is the stupidest post I have made.
no no, my dear nate, you're missing the one essential ingredient

observe

Gentlepanda is working to get Faygoshill, Pyra, and TotsBS back! All he needs is your mom's credit card number!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

observe

Gentlepanda is working to get Faygoshill, Pyra, and TotsBS back! All he needs is your mom's credit card number!

9877 7777 6444 0999

Security Code 666

Social Security Number 555 99 444

First Name: Ugly

Second Name: Mama

Pls get them back post haste.

D

Deleted member

observe

All three of the users who left didn't have Jane avatars. Coincidence?

I THINK NOT!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
All three of the users who left didn't have Jane avatars. Coincidence?

I THINK NOT!
the fallen were all found with multiple stab wounds and rifle shots through the heart

the police have found no reason to suspect the vigilante group 'kasumi karavan' at this time

D

Deleted member

not as bad a loss as Dedede. Good thing Kirby avenged him.
I'm surprised the light realm didn't suffer more casualties. I guess losing two times makes you realize something needs to change. Good on our heroes (even if I was rooting for the dark realm the entire time).

D

Deleted member

Hmm, Kasumi is this character, eh?
Then why was her file named "Jane"?

Last edited by a moderator:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Also
Gonna be honest, I can't hear King Bowser at all. It still sounds like "So long gay Bowser"
Contrary to everyone apparently, I never heard gay once.

I always thought he said “So long the Bowser!” Thinking about it, ‘the’ makes it sound better in my opinion, kinda amplifies Bowser being the big bad a big better.

But yeah, despite it officially being “kinga bowser”, I can’t hear the K at all.

Last edited:
Same. Mental Health is an important issue to me, and it angers me to see people misrepresent it or speak to it without really knowing about the topic. It's such a sensitive topic as well, so it's difficult to speak about too.
I'm late but i just wanted to throw my 2 cents on what i consider an important issue, i'm quoting you but mostly replying to the discussion as a whole.

I know it's frustrating but ignorance towards mental health issues is very common (i've seen my fair share, working with people suffering from them).

One thing that doesn't help tho is shutting down people when they simply lack the knowledge. Michele Michele and @Taylor F (for example) seem like pretty open minded individuals so shutting them down (somehow, antagonizing them in the process) is not only unnecessary imo but also a missed opportunity to share knowledge about an important issue. On the top of that, the 'don't talk about things you don't know' often contributes to solidify mental health problems as some kind of taboo since people are never too sure if they know enough to talk about it, so they just never talk about it.

One thing i've learned studying psychology: mental health should be treated like 'regular' health, something that anybody can discuss and ask questions about (it would help a great deal of people who, in addition to their inner suffering must also deal with the stigma of being labeled as 'mentally ill'*)

Anyways, what i want to say is, every bit of discussion that could help raise awareness is important (imo).

*the overly general label people tend to use because they don't know better, 'crazy' is a worse one but is also unfortunately pretty common.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
N word passes aren't a thing and I'd rather we not make light of it.
And I just got infracted for a picture with the R word in it. So yeah, not a laughing matter. :skull:

Still though, as a guy who's high-functioning in spite of a mental condition, I know how it feels like to be treated differently. It's not fun struggling to interact if it angers people by mistake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm late but i just wanted to throw my 2 cents on what i consider an important issue, i'm quoting you but mostly replying to the discussion as a whole.

I know it's frustrating but ignorance towards mental health issues is very common (i've seen my fair share, working with people suffering from them).

One thing that doesn't help tho is shutting down people when they simply lack the knowledge. Michele Michele and @Taylor F (for example) seem like pretty open minded individuals so shutting them down (somehow, antagonizing them in the process) is not only unnecessary imo but also a missed opportunity to share knowledge about an important issue. On the top of that, the 'don't talk about things you don't know' often contributes to solidify mental health problems as some kind of taboo since people are never too sure if they know enough to talk about it, so they just never talk about it.

One thing i've learned studying psychology: mental health should be treated like 'regular' health, something that anybody can discuss and ask questions about (it would help a great deal of people who, in addition to their inner suffering must also deal with the stigma of being labeled as 'mentally ill'*)

Anyways, what i want to say is, every bit of discussion that could help raise awareness is important (imo).

*the overly general label people tend to use because they don't know better, 'crazy' is a worse one but is also unfortunately pretty common.
Sorry. Not the most mature user here, but I’m glad I seem open minded. I try to be.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

observe

no no, my dear gentlepanda, you're missing the one essential ingredient.

observe

Attention all epic Smashboards gamers!

tehponycorn is working to get Faygoshill, Pyra, and TotsBS back, and he needs your help! To help him, all he needs is your mom's credit card number, the three numbers on the back, and the expiration month and date. But you have to be quick, or else they're all be gone forever!
:drifloon:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ladies and gentlemen, Nois and Pois, the (unofficial) Smashboards Minecraft server is open!!!

IP: SmashboardsMC.arernos.me
Version: 1.13

I’m turning it on right now. When it’s up, let me know if you want to be notified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom