• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think I know what the rest of the fighter pass is gonna be
- Erdrick
- Banjo and Kazooie
- Ryu Hayabusa
- Hello Kitty
no the last one is not a joke

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey @tehponycorn, and @ShotoStar @Hinata @Zeke The Zekenator @Onereasonanddone, too, since their necks are on the line. I have a concern over the Erdrick bet

My brother ended up not having his 2DS anymore, so instead of paying over $150 to play one game for a dying handheld, can I switch my lose condition to Iron Manning the FE Tellius duology (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, the Ike games)?

For the record, Path of Radiance isn't particularly ball-busting, but Radiant Dawn is infamous for being long, with giant maps filled with enemies that can swarm you like a colony of fire ants. This is the kind of map you should expect with Radiant Dawn, and it's ****ing nuts.

Iron Man is a run for Fire Emblem that's similar to a Pokemon Nuzlocke run in which if a unit dies, they're gone for good. You cannot reset under any condition and a gameover (Main character dies or you fail a main objective) means you have to start the entire game from the beginning. Because I've never played these games and barely remember the let's plays I watched, I feel it will be a stressful and entertaining punishment. Since TPC is going to be broadcasting his Fates let's play, I can then broadcast a different Fire Emblem game too while creating entertainment whenever I ***** about a unit dying.

PS: Hard mode for Radiant Dawn is labeled as Normal Mode in all English versions of the game while Normal mode is labeled as Easy.

Is this a good replacement for having to play Fates?
Wouldn't that just be called a no reset run?

D

Deleted member

Hey @tehponycorn, and @ShotoStar @Hinata @Zeke The Zekenator @Onereasonanddone, too, since their necks are on the line. I have a concern over the Erdrick bet

My brother ended up not having his 2DS anymore, so instead of paying over $150 to play one game for a dying handheld, can I switch my lose condition to Iron Manning the FE Tellius duology (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, the Ike games)?

For the record, Path of Radiance isn't particularly ball-busting, but Radiant Dawn is infamous for being long, with giant maps filled with enemies that can swarm you like a colony of fire ants. This is the kind of map you should expect with Radiant Dawn, and it's ****ing nuts.

Iron Man is a run for Fire Emblem that's similar to a Pokemon Nuzlocke run in which if a unit dies, they're gone for good. You cannot reset under any condition and a gameover (Main character dies or you fail a main objective) means you have to start the entire game from the beginning. Because I've never played these games and barely remember the let's plays I watched, I feel it will be a stressful and entertaining punishment. Since TPC is going to be broadcasting his Fates let's play, I can then broadcast a different Fire Emblem game too while creating entertainment whenever I ***** about a unit dying.

PS: Hard mode for Radiant Dawn is labeled as Normal Mode in all English versions of the game while Normal mode is labeled as Easy.

Is this a good replacement for having to play Fates?
I'm fine with that if you want to do that then go right ahead, I'm no Fire Emblem expert by any means but that looks kind of difficult so yeah I'm fine with it.

You'll have to hear from the others but from my perspective it's fine.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
When you do wanna gush about it, we made a thread in the media forum so people don't accidentally get spoiled here.

It's fun as hell nerding out in there.
Thanks, but I don't think I'm going to talk about the movie for now, I like to do research and just wait a bit before talking about that kind of stuff, ya know?

That being said, while I did spoil myself one plot element or two beforehand before watching the movie, man...
the last stone thanos.gif

Being free of the fear of sudden spoilers at any moment is....well, you could say it put a smile on my face.

D

Deleted member

I can unlike it if you want.
NOT what I meant! I just wanted to know if it was you! :laugh:
Alright, I know I’m gonna regret this but...

Give me your reasoning for the last one.
well I mean
Sanrio and Nintendo are even more buddy-buddy than Microsoft and Nintendo are
Hello Kitty's appeared in Mario Maker, and kind of appeared in Animal Crossing
not to mention her association with Sega, Capcom, and Namco, since she's appeared in Sonic Dash, and crossed over with Monster Hunter and PAC-MAN
I'm not saying she's guaranteed, but she's WAY more likely than you think

D

Deleted member

Edit: what the **** wait what happened
Deleted his account. Felt people were fed up with him and didn't want to travel down the road he was seeing. Tried convincing him to reconsider but it's something he'll have to deal with on his own. (He gave me his discord name so I can still talk to him.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Maybe....

This gives me more to work with. I will evaluate the options and decide to add alongside Ike

I cut out most of them because, from my perspective, the popular ones (Chrom and Roy) are clones, and the unique ones are rather one note and unpopular (Ike, Robin and Corrin). But if people want Ike then I guess there isn't much harm in including him.

I just looked at each of the Fire Emblems on the Wiki, and the Binding Sheild is the only one with any sort of unique and interesting design IMO. Plus it was used in marketing for Warriors.
To be fair, Ike is actually arguably the most popular male lord and has appeared in two games.

Plus, he’s unique from the other characters. As in, while Marth, Lucian, Roy and Chrom share a good amount of moveset, Ike is completely original from them.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

well I mean
not to mention her association with Sega, Capcom, and Namco, since she's appeared in Sonic Dash, and crossed over with Monster Hunter and PAC-MAN
Wait did you change your name? I think I remember your old username.

D

Deleted member

Plus, he’s unique from the other characters. As in, while Marth, Lucian, Roy and Chrom share a good amount of moveset, Ike is completely original from them.
Ike is the kind of person who will tell off the sacred leader of a massive theocracy that is the leading empire of the continent, and then ask during dinner, "Wait. What'd I do wrong?" It's great.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

well I mean
Honestly, she's probably up there on the possibility list if he drops the rule on no multi-media characters. Currently though, I think she's most likely to be a Spirit, that's it.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Incidentally, I always found it funny when people complain about FE characters in Smash being too samey and the first thing they suggest is cutting one of the least samey characters.
  • Act like Corrin's dragon transformations and how they're incorporated into their moveset doesn't count
  • Want Ninten and Black Shadow
It's safe to say representation fetishists don't actually care about unique movesets.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Did he actually delete his account instead of admiting his distasteful post in regards to Etika/mental health was rotten?

Disappointing, really. Have to hope it's for something else.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
D

Deleted member

Honestly, she's probably up there on the possibility list if he drops the rule on no multi-media characters. Currently though, I think she's most likely to be a Spirit, that's it.
well if she was just a spirit she'd have to come with someone...
1556558261254.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom