• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Guys...

I don't know what all of y'all are up to right now...

But last week, John Oliver's main topic was on Chiitan.

AKA this guy...
2018%2F07%2F24%2F55%2Fb971809362d249dea3346ebcf3ea446d.03894.jpg%2F1200x630.jpg

If you're over 18 (cause the show is mature rated) and haven't seen it yet, you need to right now on YouTube.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey, random question, but does this seem like a good “portfolio,” if you catch my drift? I’d particularly like to hear what Noi and staind have to say. (One of these projects I’m in scares me. I’ll let you guess.)

https://tmf929.wixsite.com/taylorfvoiceactor
As someone who's learned a lot about resumes and portfolios, I feel like I can comment at least a little bit on this. Here are some thoughts of mine:
  • You should put your full name on your portfolio. This is something you're sending to companies in the hopes of gaining work, and if they don't even know your full name that's a problem.
  • Also, you might want a headshot of yourself so potential employers know what you look like. I don't know how VA portfolios specifically should look, but general acting portfolios require a headshot so I don't see why this would be any different.
  • You say you're a voice actor in your profile, and of course you're a voice actor. That's why you have a portfolio. It's redundant.
  • You mention you're working with a lot of professional people without naming any of them. When you make statements like that you need to back them up properly.
  • I like the list of clients. I'd expand on that and say what projects you're working on/have worked on with them.
    • With that, I would separate fan work from professional work. All of your fan work is great, but it pales in comparison to any professional work you have.
  • You're on the right track with the recommendations section, but you're likely going to want to change that out for references. You can make up recommendations, but providing references potential employers can go to for information about you is something you can't really make up.
  • I'd remove your Reddit from the contact section unless it's work specific. Your email and discord is enough.
    • More than that, I'd think about maybe getting a professional email for stuff like this.
  • I can't really speak to the voices section, but maybe merge that with the clients section, and instead of saying "voices," use "roles" as it'll sound more professional.
  • Ditch the wix site in favor of a Microsoft Word or Google Drive Document. Again, it's more professional.
For someone your age to have such a large resume is impressive, and for a first resume/portfolio it's not bad, but it could definitely use some improvements. I'd recommend looking up professional VA portfolio examples and basing your's off of that though.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
By the way, I am not surprised I lost in the Hunger Games Sim, but sleeping all day on day one? Surely, I could do better than that!

D

Deleted member

For the record, the last thread reached 9956 pages over the course of 2 years. We’ve reached over half of that in 4 months.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah it's really strange
Are you still able to open the original Youtube Creator Studio rather than the beta one? That should still be an option. Maybe you'll see it there.

Also, if I remember right when I upload videos it doesn't let me pick a thumbnail until it's been 100% uploaded. Is your video already uploaded?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I have yet to see a bad MCU movie

Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 are far from "bad movies"
I’d say they’re at least pretty weak compared to the rest of the MCU

**** you Rottytops. You're a forgettable antagonist from a series who will never get a playable character in Smash Bros.
What that really necessary dude?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
All hail the King

DeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDe

1556494851895.png

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
6 cannon shots can be heard in the distance.

Jagen

District 9

KMDP

District 1

Shantae

District 5

Tifa Lockhart

District 8

tehponycorn

District 2

John Dylan Smith

District 11

R.I.P. Fire Emblem again (except Micaiah).

Katniss Everdeen passes out from exhaustion.

Freezerburn cries himself to sleep.

Sans ambushes Bowler Hat Guy and kills him.

osby is awoken by nightmares.

Nancy Drew and Joker threaten a double suicide. It fails and they die.

Poipoi catches Rocket Raccoon off guard and kills him.

Iridium tends to his wounds.

JDCabrera cries himself to sleep.

NateVO, PeridotGX, Charlotte, Micaiah, and faygoshill track down and kill Rottytops.

Professor Layton sees a fire, but stays hidden.

Brelooming Disaster tries to treat his infection.

Pokechu tries to treat his infection.

Professor Pumpkaboo attempts to start a fire, but is unsuccessful.

Key takeaway: Having just one person kill you is very overrated. Instead, have five do it at once.
@faygoshill avenging me from the grave.

It is I who wanted to avenge you, but it is you who ended up avenging me...

Shoutouts to PeridotGX PeridotGX for sticking with me through osby osby 's torture, and Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! for being a bro. Charlotte and Micaiah are cool too.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Poipoi tries to spear fish with a trident.

Freezerburn receives a hatchet from an unknown sponsor.

Sans injures himself.

faygoshill sees smoke rising in the distance, but decides not to investigate.

Professor Pumpkaboo makes a slingshot.

PeridotGX receives fresh food from an unknown sponsor.

Professor Layton attempts to climb a tree, but falls on NateVO, killing them both.

Charlotte constructs a shack.

Katniss Everdeen, Micaiah, and JDCabrera start fighting, but Micaiah runs away as Katniss Everdeen kills JDCabrera.

Brelooming Disaster discovers a river.

Iridium strangles osby with a rope.

Pokechu goes hunting.

I became both a villain and hero. Fire Emblem also lives, barely.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Just a reminder that, 5000 pages in, we still live in a society.

BOTTOM TEXT

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Guys...

I don't know what all of y'all are up to right now...

But last week, John Oliver's main topic was on Chiitan.

AKA this guy...
View attachment 213537

If you're over 18 (cause the show is mature rated) and haven't seen it yet, you need to right now on YouTube.
Chiitan is the GOAT

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
All hail the King

DeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDeDe

View attachment 213538
Good lord, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom