• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Why do people draw characters with only four fingers in cartoons?

I never undserstood that.
It's a psychological thing, we "can't take it/are distrubed by images that are too close to reality when they are not supposed to be" simillar to the mannequin phobia (which I have)
I'm not exactly sure of the history, but I think it was initially a cost-cutting measure :yoshi:
That's how it started and allowed for above explanation when animators tried to switch

Also it's easier as **** to draw

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I saw Ironman in theaters--had my Ironman helmet, my Dad, and a belly full of Superman ice cream
Lotta those movies came out around my birthday so..lotta best moment memeories are tied to them
Cool, only movie that was close to my birthday... was Spiderman Homecoming lol... And yes, Spiderman was actually my most favorite super hero, and like most people I like the first two Spiderman movies, my Spiderman fond dropped after the Spiderman second reboot but immediately got back when he appears in Civil War. Was a bit disappointed that they changed to Tom Holland as Spiderman but now Tom Holland is the best Spiderman/Peter Parker actor imo.

And Spiderman Into the Spiderverse is definitely the best Spiderman/ Marvel movie to me.
My problem is that Sony is censoring the games, not for any proper reason. But because if they don't the angry feminists will hound them for it and the reason these kinds of individuals are going after persona now is because the franchise hit the big time with Smash bros.
Indeed, not only that they seems to be more strict on anime fanservice games which is dumb because despite being niche, they are the main reasons why PS4 is still popular and relevant in Japan and not overly run over by 3DS and the Switch
Well, I wouldn’t necessarily point fingers at feminists. I mean, certainly there are people out there that can be obnoxious with their social justice, and while I would like to think their heart is in the right place there are some that don’t.
I wouldn't either, but based on Sony's statement on this.. they did ...sort of by mentioning the #Metoo movement.

I think it’s all a moment for us to reflect. Are there some games with extreme sexual content? Yes, and there are games that revolve around it. However, I personally feel the answer comes not in trying to stop the content itself, but the interest in the content itself. We’ll (hopefully) never be in a society in the future which people are sexually repressed (although i’d argue some folks already have been), so there will always be the perverts. But realizing why there is an interest in these highly sexual games is the real question, or at least addressing the issues we have with sexuality and violence, imho.
Your intention is good and deserves credit but extremely unrealistic imo...

There's no need of reflecting on why people are interest in those extreme sexual content... at the end of the day there will be someone like those games. And games will always have sexuality and violence, that's why ESRB is a thing. You can delve into the reason why, but it's impossible for you to stop those interest. Speaking of pervert... playing fanservice games =/= being a pervert IRL... this is the old saying of playing violent games =/= being violent IRL, yes it will likely make you aggressive but it won't make you do those violent things.

Your question can also be asked on why movies have sexuality and violence as well, it's normal and fortunate that for most time movies and video games with sexuality and violence alone don't make a good game/movie. A game will gain tons and tons of interest as long as it is fun regardless of the content has sexuality and violence or not, whereas movies it is similar, a good plot, good characters makes the movie good or become blockbuster, for most of the time.
I guess my biggest thing is, what has the bigger impact: censoring a character in a video game that wears a leotard, or actually campaigning for actual societal change? We’ve already seen plenty of change in society as it is. Continuing with that, and having women and people of color continue to be treated far better than they used to be, to me, is far more important than censoring a girl in a leotard.
Obviously the latter, therefore it's worthless when that Societal Change is target at video games, it just ain't gonna happen. Reason why NPCs and extreme feminist gets bashed when they are targeting at video games, is because they want to change video games to the point it is unappealing.

You gave out a very nice conclusion regarding this matter, I gave you props. I know this is because we have the similar opinions but more often than not this topic never goes well on other threads...

PS: I am also annoyed how my brother complains on FE Three Houses female characters not being sexualized enough... like... really? Anyone who says that is fricking dumb as well lol.

Last edited:

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Screenshot_2019-04-27-23-18-26~2.png
**** I have to be up in 6 hours
Screenshot_2019-04-27-23-35-24~2.png
I'm gonna miss page 4969 too :(
Well good night/morning/day to y'all

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
A Golden Sun 4 would be cool right about now.
I'm a simple man. I see Golden Sun, I like. :)

GS4 could have been Isaac's saving grace for Ultimate if it was made around 2015-2016. Which, honestly should have been the case as the 3DS was a hotbed for RPG's and that particular time period had so many RPG's out (DQ, BD, among others).

D

Deleted member

Drawing hands is definitely a struggle for all artists, I think. The idea it's done to make hands easier to draw makes sense to me.

I had to draw Marie making a peace sign recently. Uuuuuuugggghhhhh...No matter what I do, it looks wrong. I have so much respect for artists who can draw hands well.

D

Deleted member

Might be able to watch Endgame tomorrow so I can finally free myself from spoilder dodging

MainJPW

M.T.A
GS4 could have been Isaac's saving grace for Ultimate if it was made around 2015-2016. Which, honestly should have been the case as the 3DS was a hotbed for RPG's and that particular time period had so many RPG's out (DQ, BD, among others).
It would actually have to be before 2016 since Smash Ultimate’s project plan was finalized in December 2015.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Drawing hands is definitely a struggle for all artists, I think. The idea it's done to make hands easier to draw makes sense to me.

I had to draw Marie making a peace sign recently. Uuuuuuugggghhhhh...No matter what I do, it looks wrong. I have so much respect for artists who can draw hands well.
When I’m too lazy to draw hands I give everyone mittens ehehehehehehe

Blue Mint

Smash Cadet
You're right, but at the same time, it's also likely the reason Joker was chosen in the first place...

And compared to Geno, Steve came from a much more notable and bigger game with a whole lot of legacy...

I never took it as clear evidence or confirmation, and was just something to think about.

Nowadays, I'm confident Steve isn't in, so this argument doesn't really matter anyways

I'm a proud Gru, Darth Maul, and Vitas main
Why you're saying that you're confident in "Steve isn't in"?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
it would have to be before 2016 since Smash Ultimate’s project plan was finalized in December 2015.
Still could have easily made the cut though given Isaac's popularity in the Smash Ballot. If Sakurai knew about said project, Isaac would have gotten a huge boost.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Man, I still hope Ryu Hayabusa gets his time in Smash. Not even sure where Ninja Gaiden is headed these days, aside from the usual DoA.

Getting fingers right hurts. I think I gave up drawing because of anatomy alone.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
>have about 25 Bruno Mars songs on my Spotify playlist
>have around 150 songs on my Spotify playlist in all
>clicks shuffle button
>only plays Bruno Mars songs

View attachment 213363
I have...
Nintendo remixes...
Bumblebee ending song
REOL
Mayday (A Taiwanese rock band)
MAN WITH A MISSION
Spiderman Into The Spiderverse

Good. He’s scarier than the SMB3 sun.

Damn straight my dude.

I will not.
It puts all MCU ost to shame if I have to be honest with you lol.

Elevate is still the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom