• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Now that I think about it, when I was younger there was one night that I think something changed in me forever.

I was up really late playing Pokémon Diamond, nobody else knew I was awake. I could hear my brother talking on the phone and he was very clearly upset. This was around the time my brother was struggling to come out of the closet, mainly because my parents were grappling with it as well.

It’s not that my parents are bad people. They had a mix of emotions and, during the 90’s, it wasn’t something that the entire world accepted. My parents more feared for my brother than anything.

I remember getting upset that my brother was upset, so I went into my parents room and basically laid into them about it because I felt like I was a bystander. I loved my brother. He didn’t deserve that.

Well, he moved out shortly after to live with his boyfriend (spoiler, they hate each other now), and my parents are in better than ever terms with him. Over time things got better, but that was a rough patch.

Speaking up can help, but it truly depends on who you’re dealing with.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd hate to be that guy, but so did Shovel Knight, as well as a number of other assists.

Potential doesn't protect people from assist trophy or echo fighter status. Not every character with "potential" gets to make it in.
Still don’t see her as one

D

Deleted member

Life problems? Eh?

I have not had a proper friend in seven years.

I am lonely. I am so used to it, that I am fine now.

Also I am different from everyone else near me. Everyone is just unintelligent, stolid, unimaginative, conservative, anti-LGBT and Trump supporters who hate on liberals.

I feel like I am part of the oppressed in society.

People who know I am bisexual find it weird, but I do not care.

I am also smarter and more aware than most people near me. I tend to be shy, but if everyone knew I was a proud bisexual liberal, then I would be treated much differently and harshly. That is why I want to move to nice places like Canada and Switzerland. I hate racism, and all of that terrible stuff.

Believe me, most of you do not realize how evil the United States of America really is.

I also really hate Trump and most of the government. Their corruption must come to an end.

Yes, I am a proud bisexual, liberal and intellectual. :shades:

Last edited by a moderator:

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
In terms of personal things, all I'll divulge of my childhood is that as someone with high-functioning autism, let's just say not everyone in my family knew how to handle it. That is all...
Another one with high-functioning autism here. It sucks sometimes, good going on y’all for keeping on doing what you do <3

D

Deleted member

Life problems? Eh?

I am lonely, but I am so used to it, that I am fine now.

Also I am different from everyone else near me. Everyone is just unintelligent, stolid, unimaginative, conservative, anti-LGBT and Trump supporters who hate on liberals.

I am also smarter and more aware than most people near me. I tend to be shy, but if everyone knew I was a proud bisexual liberal, then I would be treated much differently and harshly. That is why I want to move to nice places like Canada and Switzerland. I hate racism, and all of that terrible stuff.

If you have a good imagination and you are a good person, well that is good. Believe me, most of you do not realize how evil America really is.

I also really hate Trump and most of the government. Their corruption must come to an end.

You would love to be in the Canary Islands.
The people here are more open to the world due to the diveristy brought by the tourism and the good habits we tend to have here.

Nobody in my class, for example, would have any kind of problem with you, and they could even support you a lot.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Kingdom Hearts: the only series with not only more supplementary material than main series content, but where that supplementary material is required reading
Kh is the main game that leave me so emotional amd physicaly drained. Like I was so busy watching the stream, I didn't eat dinner but it leaves me so ****ing happy

when played by the right people of course

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
In terms of personal things, all I'll divulge of my childhood is that as someone with high-functioning autism, let's just say not everyone in my family knew how to handle it. That is all...
I have Aspergers and I could be challenging as a child so I can definitely relate.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
May as well state a worry I have here, too.
I actually have depression, and it sucks a lot. I don’t want to get into details, but it just feels nice to get it out.
Also, another issue is that I am a straight, white, Christian male, and those are obviously the devil! /s
Seriously though, just going to use the trans communit as an example here, everyone seems so supportive of them, yet Christians, etc. also have some issues that everyone seems to ignore.

Sorry if this was a bit of a long post, I just wanted to get my thoughts out on paper.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Life problems? Eh?

I am lonely. I am so used to it, that I am fine now.

Believe me, most of you do not realize how evil the United States of America really is.

Not Smashboards canon, but life canon:

Yeah, Trump sucks. Luckily, most people in the US don't support him. I also live in the US (Austin), and I think that there's sort of a city/country divide. People in the cities experience more diversity and are generally more liberal. I stand with you, and hope that even the Trump supporters recognize their inner humanity, and accept you for who you are: an awesome person.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
As someone who spent their week constantly seeing kids in stores and in trains (former is because of my job) I don't think that's a factor in challenging kids
I didn’t mean it like that but I guess I should’ve been more specific. I couldn’t really handle my emotions back then and my parents didn’t know what to do about it at the time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, here in Gran Canaria most people are fine with people of different ethnic groups, cultures or countries. There are a few exceptions of course, but most of the time Gran Canaria is a pretty diverse island.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Seems like they could have changed that pretty easily. Other than a passing reference or two, the movie didn't really acknowledge Justice League at all. I had to remind myself afterwards that this all came after Justice League and was not a prequel.
True...but gotta DC
Man, what happened to the DC animated movies? The pre New52 ones are great, but everything afterwards has just felt so lackluster. Flashpoint itself was good too.
Batman Gaslight is a great movie, but more often than not DC tries to make a unique movie or copy/paste stuff that ends up backfiring
With all this talk of Marvel characters I must remind you all the only one that matters has perfect mutton chops, cuts down trees for a living, keeps trying to sleep with his arch foe's half the time dead wife, thinks everyone is called Bub and has been in plenty of games made by Capcom (a Japanese developer) so totally should be in Smash.
Spider-Man is better, but Wolverine is/was practically behind him in popularity
He's the only non-annoying teen in an animated film!
That and Marvel has been slowly pushing both Miles and Gwen as big money makers
Anyone up for some Smash?
Anime Smash

D

Deleted member

Everyone is supporting people about their worries, and nobody does about mine.
That sucks a lot.
I do.
You have a lot of talent as a voice actor, and you have some decent oppinions here from time to time.
Remember that I like you as a person, and I will always try to help when possible.

D

Deleted member

My little brother has high-functioning autism and is over sensory; the wind used to hurt him when he was younger.
My mother handles him well; he’s intelligent, and a fairly normal kid, he’s just always two or so years behind, you know? The school he attends however? They have no idea how to handle him. He gets slightly upset over something and they send him home, and because of that, he’s missed out on a lot of school.
His life isn’t fair. I am, not to brag, a star student (excluding mathematics. .),and sometimes his teachers make him feel as if he needs to live up to me. He’s such an intelligent child, he just needs for his intelligence to be recognised.
He has a hard life; my mother is sick with chronic Lyme disease, which is not recognised by doctors in Australia, and my father and his new girlfriend are attempting to financially cripple us. The poor thing. He tries so hard. He’a getting better, though; he’s almost a normal child.
I love Smashboards so much.
Heaps of us have suffered in one way or another, wether it be abuse, or oppression, and we can all come to one another and feel comfortable letting things out.
Thank you guys so much.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I do.
You have a lot of talent as a voice actor, and you have some decent oppinions here from time to time.
Remember that I like you as a person, and I will always try to help when possible.
Thanks.
“Decent opinions from time to time
Major oof. /s

D

Deleted member

Noipoi Noipoi I don't know you super well but, regardless, good luck and I hope everything is okay in the end

D

Deleted member

I actually have depression, and it sucks a lot. I don’t want to get into details, but it just feels nice to get it out.
Also, another issue is that I am a straight, white, Christian male, and those are obviously the devil! /s
Seriously though, just going to use the trans communit as an example here, everyone seems so supportive of them, yet Christians, etc. also have some issues that everyone seems to ignore.

Sorry if this was a bit of a long post, I just wanted to get my thoughts out on paper.
I hope you get out of your depression. If you get help, you can fight depression.

Iridium

Smash Hero

I hate the fact that this was proposed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My little brother has high-functioning autism and is over sensory; the wind used to hurt him when he was younger.
My mother handles him well; he’s intelligent, and a fairly normal kid, he’s just always two or so years behind, you know? The school he attends however? They have no idea how to handle him. He gets slightly upset over something and they send him home, and because of that, he’s missed out on a lot of school.
His life isn’t fair. I am, not to brag, a star student (excluding mathematics. .),and sometimes his teachers make him feel as if he needs to live up to me. He’s such an intelligent child, he just needs for his intelligence to be recognised.
He has a hard life; my mother is sick with chronic Lyme disease, which is not recognised by doctors in Australia, and my father and his new girlfriend are attempting to financially cripple us. The poor thing. He tries so hard. He’a getting better, though; he’s almost a normal child.
I love Smashboards so much.
Heaps of us have suffered in one way or another, wether it be abuse, or oppression, and we can all come to one another and feel comfortable letting things out.
Thank you guys so much.
Best of luck to you and your bro. He sounds like an awesome guy.

D

Deleted member

Best of luck to you, man.
You have every right to let out your thoughts.
I think we all need to. .

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If everyone is sharing all their issues they're having in life. May as well join too.

No longer an issue as I've since forgiven myself and moved forward but before that I had a form of depression due to reflecting back on the years of how bad I treated my family such as times where I threatened to kill them and such as well as treating my sister horribly so never told them just waiting for myself to one day drop dead. Once I told them they simply told me that was all in the past and I wasn't the same person as I was years back having forgiven me since.

I also apparently suffer from excessive compulsive thoughts mainly involving things around fiction which has causes me to at times feel tense, anxious and stressed but I've been getting better with it due to the therapy I've been seeking and new medicine I've been given which helps. Believe this maybe tied to my autism and as my therapist thinks it basically might be a wave that goes up and down throughout my life. Guess that wave has came back up.

Though still suffering from it which is likely going to be a life long problem as thoughts never stop and that's what these ones I suffer from are just are simply just thoughts like any others. I've never the less have been improving given the problem was I've always been trying to control, force, make it perfect or get it right when I can't. I finally might had found my solution to it and that's not forcing it and simply let the thoughts flow and at my own will which had been working. :)

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

I hate that this was proposed.
Look at how he flaps his little leaves!

In all seriousness, that would’ve been broken considering how good his up b is.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Best of luck to you, man.
You have every right to let out your thoughts.
I think we all need to. .
Thanks. Main issue is that every time I state I’m a Christian, no one really seems to care.
Just cause I’m a Christian doesn’t mean I hate gay people, or anything like that. If your gay, so what? It’s your life, not mine. Christians seem to hate gay people, etc. and it seems that stereotype is also placed upon me.

D

Deleted member

If everyone is sharing all their issues they're having in life. May as well join too.

No longer an issue as I've since forgiven myself and moved forward but before that I had a form of depression due to reflecting back on the years of how bad I treated my family such as times where I threatened to kill them and such as well as treating my sister horribly. Once I told them they simply told me that was all in the past and I wasn't the same person as I was years back having forgiven me since.

I also apparently suffer from excessive compulsive thoughts mainly involving things around fiction which has causes me to at times feel tense, anxious and stressed but I've been getting better with it due to the therapy I've been seeking and new medicine I've been given which helps. Believe this maybe tied to my autism and as my therapist things it basically might be a wave that goes up and down throughout my life. Guess that wave has came back up.

Though still suffering from it which is likely going to be a life long problem. I've never the less have been improving.
You most certainly aren’t that person any more.
That was really brave and humble of you to apologise to your family like that.
We’ve all been saying this a lot, so it might seem hollow, but best of luck to you.
:)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I hate the fact that this was proposed.
I hate the fact we don’t have this

D

Deleted member

Thanks. Main issue is that every time I state I’m a Christian, no one really seems to care.
Just cause I’m a Christian doesn’t mean I hate gay people, or anything like that. If your gay, so what? It’s your life, not mine. Christians seem to hate gay people, etc. and it seems that stereotype is also placed upon me.
I think it’s the Mormons who are stereotyped to hate gays.
My grandmother is s Mormon(I’m not Christian, not is my mother, but we’re not atheists) and my aunt is homosexual. It was difficult for my grandmother to get over it at first, but it worked out.
Anyway, being Christian is certainly not an indicator of homophobia.
That’s just society’s cruel opinion.

D

Deleted member

Surprised a bit by the amount of people here who are on the spectrum.
If we’re discussing our issues, then it was depression for me. But it’s not something I really want to talk about. Boy, how did the thread get here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom