• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I was gonna make an alt account and delete it, but then @Zeke The Zekenator and @Bolderousness came on, and @ShotoStar and Hinata Hinata followed and now I can't do that.

Let me assure you that I am all in on this bet.
Sometimes you're better off dead there's a gun in your hand and it's pointed at your head
You think you're mad; too unstable. Kicking down accounts and knocking down tables
in a restaurant in a Smashboards town. Call the police there's a madman around.

This is some gamefaqs-tier nonsense. Ever considered that maybe Banjo's not in, and maybe there will be a second Fighter's Pass where Banjo might be in? Imagine how silly you'd all look betting and losing now, but you all end up being half-right when it's already too late <:v

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This is some gamefaqs-tier nonsense. Ever considered that maybe Banjo's not in, and maybe there will be a second Fighter's Pass where Banjo might be in? Imagine how silly you'd all look betting and losing now, but you all end up being half-right when it's already too late <:v
I'll have the world record for Minecraft All Advancements at that point, so it won't matter.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
It ain't Sakurai's fault. That blame is pinned on the balancing team whose genius plan was barely touching problem-characters while nerfing the hell out of many (not referring to the projectile nerf, though it harms certain characters even more). Very few got surprisingly-positive attention, some deserved, and some "eh?"
Ironically, Corrin was one of the most buffed characters this patch, but she still can't kill.

I'm usually taking stocks around 130%-ish w/ her.

And if you know my general playstyle, I don't normally take stocks at 130%.

I know it's not Sakurai's fault personally, but my point still stands.

At least w/ Zelda, I can kill... although she has an entire different set of problems, both overall and w/ my personal playstyle.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Uhhhh.

I just want them to fix the c-stick.

I dodge an attack, slam dat stick and my guy just... stands there. Then I get punched.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Sometimes you're better off dead there's a gun in your hand and it's pointed at your head
You think you're mad; too unstable. Kicking down accounts and knocking down tables
in a restaurant in a Smashboards town. Call the admins there's a madman around.

KOS-MOS_banter.jpg

Well for your sake and the other peeps who are betting, I hope you guys get your Banjo after all.

Ironically, Corrin was one of the most buffed characters this patch, but she still can't kill.

I'm usually taking stocks around 130%-ish w/ her.

And if you know my general playstyle, I don't normally take stocks at 130%.

I know it's not Sakurai's fault personally, but my point still stands.

At least w/ Zelda, I can kill... although she has an entire different set of problems, both overall and w/ my personal playstyle.
Eh, to be fair, it was pretty freaking laggy in those matches, at least between us. The sluggishness of the connection prevented us from playing the character to our comfort. Sometimes, I would get dodge roles instead of shorthop-bairs or fairs for instance >_>

Also, although an unpopular opinion, I really hate how Mega Man has only ever gotten super minor buffs in any patch ever since 4, and major nerfs when other characters who do his projectile gimmick far better exist and get away with their shenanigans. There's a reason you hardly find the character online.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
When ANOTHER Playstation All-star gets into Smash and THEY get to use their guns and knives:

*Obligatory Snake Gang Post By Made*

Edit: Don't ask me why I made this, I was bored.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Eh, to be fair, it was pretty freaking laggy in those matches, at least between us. The sluggishness of the connection prevented us from playing the character to our comfort. Sometimes, I would get dodge roles instead of shorthop-bairs or fairs for instance >_>

Also, although an unpopular opinion, I really hate how Mega Man has only ever gotten super minor buffs in any patch ever since 4, and major nerfs when other characters who do his projectile gimmick far better exist and get away with their shenanigans. There's a reason you hardly find the character online.
Yeah. I have no idea why it was laggy today, especially since I've played you and everyone else in that arena plenty of times before.

Also as a Smash 4 :ultbowserjr: main, I know what it's like to be frustrated w/ a character. Even though he received some buffs throughout Smash 4, he still felt like a half-baked character.

And in the transition to Ultimate... almost nothing changed. Even up to now, the only change he's gotten was a fix to his 2nd hit of jab... that's it.

I'd drop him, but considering he's my most wanted Smash 4 character and I'm actually good w/ him, it's kinda hard to do that.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, I've asked myself the same thing. But then, I remembered...

I remember the last video presentation, the husk of a beloved puppet just dangling out in display, like some public execution. I remember when the one who wields the Falchion almost never got his chance another day. This happens to so many beloved icons, when the people's push gets pushed themselves.

And I also vividly remember when my fellow boy got carved from the inside out, left his female companion to dry. Yet everyone laughed. Y'know... A very, very wise man once stated.

Amalthus wasn't wrong, y'know. 'tis a fine question. That's why we must take up the mantle, Mythos. Quite truly, everyone is here now. We got Will Will to finally jump in, we have people out here chipping in for fun, but me? It's personal. It's a vendetta that I will never. Forget. And if I got osby osby of all people to even be accepting of the one who wields red feathers in his backpack, then there's no turning back.

I sometimes may show the Punished side, but know that Scott never forgets. And he won't forget that fateful day in a month and a half's time. Fully reformed.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yeah, but like you said, you're the one who kickstarted the chain so to speak, if you didn't post that gif, nothing would have happen in the first place, so I think I can still thank you for that. (Tho, that said, shout-out to @Dyllybirdy for posting the Chika video. ;) )

Also,
View attachment 212765
Hi there everyone! How ya going? :3
Popping in to say I'm doin' fine, but tired as all hell, so I'm gonna hit the hay. Night everyone!

P.S. I am one of the unlucky few who can't see Endgame til next weekend at least :L

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
...guys I’m scared.

ゴゴ ゴゴ ゴゴ ゴゴ ゴゴ

THIS  MUST  BE  THE  WORK  OF  AN  ENEMY 「STAND」!!

ゴゴ ゴゴ ゴゴ ゴゴ ゴゴ

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Y'know, I've asked myself the same thing. But then, I remembered...

I remember the last video presentation, the husk of a beloved puppet just dangling out in display, like some public execution. I remember when the one who wields the Falchion almost never got his chance another day. This happens to so many beloved icons, when the people's push gets pushed themselves.

And I also vividly remember when my fellow boy got carved from the inside out, left his female companion to dry. Yet everyone laughed. Y'know... A very, very wise man once stated.

Amalthus wasn't wrong, y'know. 'tis a fine question. That's why we must take up the mantle, Mythos. Quite truly, everyone is here now. We got Will Will to finally jump in, we have people out here chipping in for fun, but me? It's personal. It's a vendetta that I will never. Forget. And if I got osby osby of all people to even be accepting of the one who wields red feathers in his backpack, then there's no turning back.

I sometimes may show the Punished side, but know that Scott never forgets. And he won't forget that fateful day in a month and a half's time. Fully reformed.
I'll throw my hat in the ring. If Banjo is in I will 100% Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge in celebration. If he isn't in I'll 100% Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, a game that I wholeheartedly despise.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'll throw my hat in the ring. If Banjo is in I will 100% both Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge in celebration. If he isn't in I'll 100% Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, a game that I wholeheartedly despise.
I think you suffer either way...

D

Deleted member

ゴゴ ゴゴ ゴゴ ゴゴ ゴゴ

THIS  MUST  BE  THE  WORK  OF  AN  ENEMY 「STAND」!!

ゴゴ ゴゴ ゴゴ ゴゴ ゴゴ
Broke: Stardust Crusaders - Stardust Crusaders

Woke: Golden Wind - II Vento D'oro

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Also how was Endgame? My screening is in two hours.
Very hit and very little miss. It's alright even if you don't like that kind of thing.

I can neither confirm nor deny whether Thanos' sphincter remains intact, nor whether Scott Lang travels where no man should go.

D

Deleted member

That's a kicking tune, but Stardust Crusaders ain't broke, so I'm not going to fix it.
I guess it's just a preference personally I prefer II Vento D'oro but Stardust Crusaders isn't bad either but you gotta admit that Piano in Vento D'oro is absolutely amazing. That Piano makes the song so much better.

D

Deleted member

Hot take:

These bets are stupid and only one of you is actually going to own up to your end of the bargain.
Its silly but you have my word that I will fulfill it if I lose.
I wanted to torture myself with something silly, and I'll probably end up playing at least Bubsy 3D anyways just for the sake of it :b

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hot take:

These bets are stupid and only one of you is actually going to own up to your end of the bargain.
You also have my word for if we lose I will go through with it.

I doubt we'll lose the Erdrick bet but we might lose the Banjo bet all things considered he's not as likely as Erdrick who's the worst kept secret since Incineroar.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 2.05.30 AM.png

I don't think I've ever seen a more balanced ratio of normal users, premium users, and mods.

Just get rid of Idon and get 2 more mods in here and it'll be
perfectly-balanced-as-all-things-should-be.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Alright
  1. Sonic the Hedgehog
  2. Tails Prower
  3. Knuckles the Echidna
  4. Amy Rose
  5. Dr. Eggman
  6. Shadow the Hedgehog
  7. Big the Cat
  8. Metal Sonic
  9. Classic Sonic
  10. AiAi (Super Monkey Ball)
  11. MeeMee (Super Monkey Ball)
  12. Billy Hatcher (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg)
  13. Amigo (Samba de Amigo)
  14. Ulala (Space Channel 5)
  15. Pudding (Space Channel 5)
  16. Beat (Jet Set Radio)
  17. Gum (Jet Set Radio)
  18. B.D. Joe (Crazy Taxi)
  19. Dr. Roy Curien (House of the Dead)
  20. Zobio and Zobiko (House of the Dead EX)
  21. Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)
  22. Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter)
  23. Jacky and Sarah Bryant (VirtuaFighter)
  24. ChuChus (ChuChu Rocket)
  25. Mobo and Robo (Bonanza Bros)
  26. Alex Kidd
  27. Opa-Opa (Fantasy Zone)
  28. Vyse (Skies of Arcadia)
  29. NiGHTS (NiGHTS Into Dreams)
  30. Reala (NiGHTS Into Dreams)
  31. Joe Musashi (Shiobi)
  32. Gillius Thunderhead (Golden Axe)
  33. Tyris Flare (Golden Axe)
  34. AGES (Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed)
  35. Football Manager
  36. Shogun (Shogun: Total War)
  37. Willemus (Total War: Rome II)
  38. General Winter (Company of Heroes 2)
  39. Segata Sanshiro
  40. Vectorman
  41. Bayonetta
  42. Ristar
  43. Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
  44. Amitite (Puyo Puyo)
  45. Ecco the Dolphin
  46. Axel and Blaze (Streets of Rage)
  47. The Gunstars (Gunstar Heroes)
  48. Chakan (Chakan: The Forever Man)
  49. Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei)
  50. Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
  51. Yu Narukami (Persona 4)
  52. Joker (Persona 5)
  53. Hatsune Miku (Project DIVA)
  54. Earthworm Jim
  55. ToeJam & Earl
  56. Scorpion & Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
  57. Aladdin (Disney's Aladdin on SEGA Genesis)
  58. Xenomorph (Alien Isolation)
  59. SomecallmeJohnny
  60. Console Exclusive Guest
    1. Mario (Nintendo Switch)
    2. Mii (Nintendo Switch)
    3. Crash Bandicoot (PlayStation 4)
    4. Banjo and Kazooie (Xbox One)
    5. Avatar (Xbox One)
    6. Team Fortress (Steam)
  61. DLC
    1. Alis Landale (Phantasy Star)
    2. Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
    3. Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
    4. Altered Beast (Altered Beasts)
    5. Micheal Hardy (Virtua Cop)
    6. Orta (Panzer Dragoon)
    7. Demi-Feind (Shin Megami Tensei)
    8. Protector (Etrian Odyssey)
    9. Pulseman (GameFreak)
    10. Kelly O'Lenmey (GunValkyrie)
    11. Selvaria Bles (Valkyra Chronicles)
    12. Kasumi and Ryu Hayabusa (Dead or Alive)
A bunch of total war generics, a youtuber, and a million 3rd parties in base roster over Alis, Sakura, Selvaria, and Kiryu would make me scream in current year.
Sega knows better now.

-also you're definitely gonna need to bring Erica or Gemini as an easy clone of Sakura assuming her car is based off her koubu, maybe Welkin on the Edelweiss, and obviously Majima.
-More Arcadia characters would be good either Aika or Drachma or Gilder.
-Death Adder would be a better 2nd rep for Golden Axe.
-Ecco and Seaman should share a car together cause why not
-A Shining Force character like Jogurt or Slade would be nice
-Rynex from Thunder Force is an opportunity now since sega bought the right a couple years ago
-Nigel (Landstaker), or Corona(Crusader of Centy), or Prince Ali(Beyond Oasis) would be great
-Space Harrier or Mr Hang On are a lot more preferable arcade characters than Altered Beast

osby

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 212785

Many have tried.
Many have failed.
Then they weren't trying hard enough.

I guess it's just a preference personally I prefer II Vento D'oro but Stardust Crusaders isn't bad either but you gotta admit that Piano in Vento D'oro is absolutely amazing. That Piano makes the song so much better.
I'm more of a fan of strings in it, but it's still a banger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom