• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
after exactly two (cinco) games on quickplay i can safely use my pro gamer knowledge to form the informed opinion that samus' grab is broken and overcentralizing. sakurai nerf pls
Just keep them at bay w/ your OwO blaster, and you're all good.

She can't reflect it, so just keep using it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Me, entering my room towards the desk with all of my notebooks and pencils

Back to work

D

Deleted member

Just keep them at bay w/ your OwO blaster, and you're all good.

She can't reflect it, so just keep using it.
tbh i find it really funny how all of samus' zoning tools are almost completely invalidated by wolf's blaster/reflector combo

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I spent time ****ting on her design when she was revealed but now I think she's bae as ****
View attachment 212706
I'm still not the biggest fan of her design. I can accept it, but I'll probably just go w/ the male option.

Also in terms of FE characters for Smash: give me Anna, Edelgard or Veronica, and I'm set. Especially Anna.

Or you can just bring back Lyn or Tiki from the realm of ATs, that'd be great too.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Y'know what I need to do someday?

Organize a Smashboards Garry's Mod game.

Not tonight, but someday.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Anyway, now that Grey's asleep, can I talk about how much I hate Jill and Mileena? God, only a fool would like those weirdos.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Just a reminder that Yosuke should've been the first homosexual social link in the series but was scrapped for literally no reason.
Well technically, Yusuke is still bisexual in the current canon, albeit without the option of romancing him. Actually, it's easier to count Persona characters who aren't on the spectrum, but the honor of being first outright romanceable same-sex partner actually goes to:
https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Jun_Kurosu
Jun_Kurosu_render.png

Jun was THE gay, and you could romance him, making P2 Protagonist (Takuya, if I recall correctly...) the first bisexual protagonist in the Persona franchise.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well technically, Yusuke is still bisexual in the current canon, albeit without the option of romancing him. Actually, it's easier to count Persona characters who aren't on the spectrum, but the honor of being first outright romanceable same-sex partner actually goes to:
https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Jun_Kurosu
View attachment 212716
Jun was THE gay, and you could romance him, making P2 Protagonist (Takuya, if I recall correctly...) the first bisexual protagonist in the Persona franchise.
GET ****ED LISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
tbh i find it really funny how all of samus' zoning tools are almost completely invalidated by wolf's blaster/reflector combo
I know right? I'm glad they didn't nerf him (besides Down Smash, but let's be real... it still kills at like 60% at ledge).

Been playing him all of yesterday and today to finally get him into Elite before my subscription is done.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Its funny how the character everyone thought was gay in P4, Kanji, wasnt gay and the character that isnt gay, Yosuke, was supposed to be all along
Kanji's an interesting character.

He likes feminine things but its those interests and his attraction to Naoto (who ends up being a girl) that makes him question his sexuality.

I think Kanji is straight, and I think its valuable for media to have a character question their sexuality and... just question it. Kanji isn't shamed much for considering it, and I think that's important even if he didn't end up gay.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Anyone one talking behind staindgrey staindgrey 's back will be immediately banned. The Jill and Mileena goddesses demand it.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
wouldn't you think another, more popular nintendo star would be a guest?

i mean, that DOES have precedent with the zelda stuff in sonic lost world
There's also precedence for not using the main characters in crossover events. Granted not from Sega, but it still stands. Mario could've absolutely worked as a Skylanders playable character (not to mention more figurine sales), but they chose Bowser and DK instead. If the argument there is that they stand on their own as hype-drivers, that's precisely my point. There's no one immutable path for a company or partnership to go, and my boi has the resume to be one of those paths.
I mean Snake was already in Brawl and Revengence was new at the time.

Also I’m not really a huge fan of console exclusives for multiplatform games in general.
I'm not sure if there's anything to back up that the reason they used Raiden over Snake was due to Smash, and besides, that game came out while Smash 4 was in development and we all know how that worked out for Snake. As for Revengence, that actually helps my point as it all comes down to circumstance. Maybe a new Yoshi game were to be released around the Sega fighting game or better yet it could be released in 2020 when it's my boi's 30th anniversary (all hypothetical, but so is the Sega fighting game so *shrug*).

And even if you do hate console exclusivity (which I don't), good news, it seems to be slowly becoming less of a rule even if Sony is fighting a losing battle on this :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom