• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I recognise people by image and not name, so the fact that like 10 of you now have pretty much the same avatar has really thrown me off. I’m half-expecting to come here one day and find a hive mind of people with the same avatars.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Halfway through writing my thoughts on Ultimate's newcomers speculation-wise and gameplay-wise.

I am finally progressing my write-up, but I still have a long ways to go. It will probably not be finished this month due to projects and exams. lol
Still looking forward to it!

D

Deleted member

I got another arena coming up I’ll give you the code and password when it’s ready

This arenas theme is: RANDOM ONLY
Ah don't open it for at least 15 minutes because that is when I can play I mean if you want to...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Playing K. Rool and some of these nerfs are legit making me angry.

There was no need for this. He was not an oppressive character. All they did was take a character with faults and make him even worse.

D

Deleted member

Ah don't open it for at least 15 minutes because that is when I can play I mean if you want to...
It’s gonna be long no worries I’m gonna even spectate at some points during its open hours

D

Deleted member

There was no need for this. He was not an oppressive character. All they did was take a character with faults and make him even worse.
They gave the casuals what they wanted they thought he was broken because most casuals can't be bothered by learning how to counter play they just want wins handed to them

D

Deleted member

They gave the casuals what they wanted they thought he was broken because most casuals can't be bothered by learning how to counter play they just want wins handed to them
What's even more disappointing is Sakurai saying how he felt people calling K. Rool unfair weren't being entirely accurate given he doesn't even have a great win percentage online, and the dev team still nerf him lol. I should at least be thankful they didn't touch Inklings all that much, they're another one people love to yell about.

D

Deleted member

Really?
Maybe this is because I am a Samus main... But i still win as many matches with K.Rool as I did before this patch.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Two big tourneys going on today, and I don't know what to watch. The dilemma lives on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Really?
Maybe this is because I am a Samus main... But i still win as many matches with K.Rool as I did before this patch.
I haven't taken him online just yet, I'm currently labbing some of the changes. They nerfed his recovery, the blunderbuss, the bury...ANYTHING that was an actual tool that kept him out of bottom tiers they buried.

My frustration comes from how needless it was, and it is frankly concerning because you can tell that this came because of the internet backlash. That is not the crowd you want to listen to when balancing this kind of game IMO.

D

Deleted member

If K.Rool was so nerfed... then it didn’t affect my playstyle at all.

I keep winning a lot with him and Samus. Although I feel like something improved with Ridley.

D

Deleted member

If K.Rool was so nerfed... then it didn’t affect my playstyle at all.

I keep winning a lot with him and Samus. Although I feel like something improved with Ridley.
His recovery was nerfed and I don't think it can kill of the top anymore

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
There's gonna be a fight.

Someone's planning to fight someone else, and they were threateningly calm about it. They specifically told me to stay out of their way but I can't just let them fight.
Call the cops. I understand it's going to be a bit more panicking, but in the end things will be under control.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I haven't taken him online just yet, I'm currently labbing some of the changes. They nerfed his recovery, the blunderbuss, the bury...ANYTHING that was an actual tool that kept him out of bottom tiers they buried.

My frustration comes from how needless it was, and it is frankly concerning because you can tell that this came because of the internet backlash. That is not the crowd you want to listen to when balancing this kind of game IMO.
I mean, PK Freeze and Palutena didn't get nerfed so what if this was just the balance team deciding that on their own? Also the down throw got a semi-nerf, cause it's pretty easy to mash... Until you reach 125%, then it's harder than it used to be
Guys you know how I had a situation yesterday?

It is ESCALATING and I DON'T know what to do.
Deep breaths and explain

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Someone's planning to fight someone else, and they were threateningly calm about it. They specifically told me to stay out of their way but I can't just let them fight.
Idk, dude. Maybe you should contact the police or something.

D

Deleted member

Call the cops, anonymously to be safe. If I’ve learned anything in my years, it’s that staying out of trouble can really help you out later on.

D

Deleted member

Guys you know how I had a situation yesterday?

It is ESCALATING and I DON'T know what to do.
If your having problems with people you live with maybe you can see if you can move in with some family if you have any around.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

I suggest you have 911 at the ready. If it feels like it's gonna get out of hand quickly, especially since it's a fight, call the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom