• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You misunderstood!
What about Ishiey Ishiey ? >:3
You
I mean I thought you had popped into the new CCI / seen you more recently than s4 era.
I have popped in during the Smash 4 eras. It was pretty calm, actually.
I cover competitive aspects of Smash, mostly.
Ah, I remember the 3.0 Competitive Analysis thread. Good times.
You made super detailed stuff about Competitive Smash. They were fun reads!

D

Deleted member

Maybe it’s just cause of how I think of fanservice but I honestly don’t find any of that wrong haha

Mineta is basically the anime fan pervert insert, which, since he gets **** on almost constantly in the series, says a lot :p

I dunno. Besides her hero outfit, she’s one of the more modest, polite characters tbh

she’s a good character. she generates items from her skin. Lol.
I would have to disagree. lol

This is the part where I want to post a gif but don’t want the mods on me. lol

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ever heard of the term sex sells? That's way easier to make a character people will remember.
This is also true.

And of course, it goes for both main gender demographics, but since shonen manga are aimed towards (young) dudes, chests are just... easy, lol.

Edit: fixed where I said “both genders”
I’m sure y’all knew what I meant but I didn’t wanna be blindsided lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Noipoi Noipoi do you want to be the Delcatty's name, or should I re-spin? Coricus hasn't responded yet and I'm impatient lol

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This is also true.

And of course, it goes for both genders, but since shonen manga are aimed towards (young) dudes, chests are just... easy, lol.
When will the Japanese learn?

The way to a young man's heart is not through the size of her chest, but the strength of her punches.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Uhh, I'm not dissing it at all. I am just saying it sounds wack in a good way. Like "fun", you know what I mean?
Oh I know what you mean...
No_Fear_Shiny_Legendary.png

What the hee ho did you just hee ho say about me, you little hee? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the hee out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ho words. You think you can get away with saying that hee ho to me over the Internet? Think again, hee. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, ho. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're hee ho dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable hee ho off the face of the continent, you little hee ho. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your hee tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will ho fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're hee ho dead, kiddo
Based and Hee-hopilled.
Jack_Frost_Yeah.jpg

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

The way to a young man's heart is not through the size of her chest, but the strength of her punches.
Female characters with a powerful presence fuel my life

Senjougahara Hitagi forever

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
What about Ishiey Ishiey ? >:3

I have popped in during the Smash 4 eras. It was pretty calm, actually.

Ah, I remember the 3.0 Competitive Analysis thread. Good times.
You made super detailed stuff about Competitive Smash. They were fun reads!
Oh I meant th- nm.

Ishie is my Dire Wolf companion, a bit too expensive and timely to have frequently appear in any scenes, but story-wise, he's there.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
chests are just... easy, lol.
Which is exactly the reason it's odd to me.
I don't have an issue at all with those types of characters. Momo seems very interesting to me, actually. (Seen a bit of BNHA) just it seems like a shortcut to get a character a following. It especially shows when it seems to be the characters main focus. A good way of getting a balance of getting people into the character via boobs yet still making the character interesting is Shantae, in my opinion. The character is scantily clad, enough to get people interested yet it doesn't shove boobs in your face every other second. It has the occasional jiggle, but it isn't anything that distracts you from the experience. Then there are some attempts that are so desperate it just comes off as really stupid and unnatural. Momo seems to be a good middle ground, though. The comment wasn't directed at Momo specifically.

Did I seriously just make a fully fledged comment about boobs.

D

Deleted member

Oh I meant th- nm.

Ishie is my Dire Wolf companion, a bit too expensive and timely to have frequently appear in any scenes, but story-wise, he's there.
Oh, what did you mean? I am sorry for mistaking you.
Ahh, Dire Wolf is part of the SB canon, but not in any scene at all? So, you truly are the Senate, huh?
I like you by the way. You seem like a really fun person!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So, since we’re on the subject anyway, when do y’all think IS an appropriate time for someone to show skin

I get not liking when a female character is all **** out and acting promiscuous, but I don’t get being offput merely by the sight of someone’s large chest

Meh, though then again it seems I think a bit differently than most people about this kinda thing so maybe It’s a moot point :p

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, since we’re on the subject anyway, when do y’all think IS an appropriate time for someone to show skin

I get not liking when a female character is all **** out and acting promiscuous, but I don’t get being offput merely by the sight of someone’s large chest

Meh, though then again it seems I think a bit differently than most people about this kinda thing so maybe It’s a moot point :p
Ever play Metal Gear Solid 3?
That is by far the most tasteful showing of skin I have ever seen in a videogame.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't have an issue at all with those types of characters. Momo seems very interesting to me, actually. (Seen a bit of BNHA) just it seems like a shortcut to get a character a following. It especially shows when it seems to be the characters main focus. A good way of getting a balance of getting people into the character via boobs yet still making the character interesting is Shantae, in my opinion. The character is scantily clad, enough to get people interested yet it doesn't shove boobs in your face every other second. It has the occasional jiggle, but it isn't anything that distracts you from the experience. Then there are some attempts that are so desperate it just comes off as really stupid and unnatural. Momo seems to be a good middle ground, though. The comment wasn't directed at Momo specifically.

I mean, I guess. I don’t think it’s “yo we have the boobies come read this” as much as it is just an eye catch tbh

There’s awful awful fanservice (I could name a few) but things like yaomomo and stuff is pretty tame

Midnight on the other hand is sexualized mostly cause thatsthejoke.jpg

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

There’s nothing wrong with giving your character sex appeal so long as it’s not their only purpose or if you don’t know how to restrain yourself.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

So what about Nami's happiness punch?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
D

Deleted member

This could lead to some interesting conversation.
Honestly, I like the right series a lot more than the left ones. Only ones I would revive would be KI, Punch-Out and F-Zero but cannot exchange them so I have to live with it :b

D

Deleted member

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So what about Nami's happiness punch?
I love One Piece with all my heart and Nami just makes me sad
Oda’s way of drawing women makes me sad

Like... they’re either intentionally ugly as hell or have 3 inch waists and size J cups (yes)

It’s one thing if it’s for characters like Señor’s entourage, but it’s another for like...

*looks at Koala* sigh

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It depends a lot on context and how the skin showing is being presented.
If it's not going to be sexualized, I don't see much of an issue as long as it's appropriate but more often than not, it is.

I mean, feet are fine normally but some shows can make their most sensual scene focus on them and I'm gonna need some socks for those ****ers

LetterO

Smash Lord

This could lead to some interesting conversation.
I'd kill Fire Emblem for Chibi-Robo and it wouldn't even be a hard decision.

Awakening was good but otherwise, I don't care much for the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom