• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also while I'm here, eh, why the **** not, random Challenger Pack 1 review!

Joker, as a character
Overall, I think Joker is a pretty good character and most likely was the best way to go about representing Persona 5 with his moveset. There are some problems I have with him, though. While I do see him as a Sheik-like "chip away to get damage" character, that can become an issue with certain playstyles and might keep him down, depending on said playstyle. The moves are rather fine as is, the grappling hook saves you in a pinch and boy, do I love spamming Eiha!

Not to mention, there are two big things I don't like, which are his neutral special and the Arsene mechanic. Personally, I would've much rather had the Gun have much more OOMPH, to really give the feeling of "oh hey, I have a literal glock". And with Arsene, I would've much rather had it be when you fill up your Rebellion Gauge, you press down-B again to release him, instead of this mixed baby of Incineroar's down-B and Cloud's mechanics.

I think those problems can lead to him being a high mid-tier, but other than that, I think he's pretty damn fun. The Shujin Academy alts are a very nice touch, All-Out Attack is amazing aside from when they show ripped Persona 5 gameplay, which then hurts my eyes, and overall, a good Atlus rep.

Mementos, as a stage
I gotta say, this stage is pretty damn good. I've been jonseing for a new stage, and while the remasters of all the old stages are nice, I think I can speak for a good handful of people that say, "this is nice, but I also like NEW stages". Mentos Diet Coke is exactly that, and while I haven't played Persona 5, it does the job right, I think... I feel. I guess?

The biggest twist I feel definitely had to be the shock reveal of Persona 3 and 4 representation. IMO, the Persona 4 variation of Meme-toes has to be the best one, simply because of how much style it oozes. Now, before you P5 fans come at me, c'mon. While Rivers in the Desert and it's P5 variation is great, have you even felt I'll Face Myself and the P4 variation?

And honestly, with its' layout alone, I think this could even be tournament viable, when you turn off the hazards. Could you imagine the fact that we could get Persona music as a grand final? As a whole, I think this is a damn ****ing good stage, and the fact there's Persona 3 and 4 representation, which reminder, never has been on a Nintendo console, is ****ing astounding.

Music, as a music
Where do I even begin? As a whole, you get 11 songs in total. Three of which are completely new remixes, them being Persona 5's "Beneath the Mask", featuring NEWLY MADE vocals by the original singer, Lyn Inaizumi, Persona 4's "I'll Face Myself", and "Aria of the Soul" from Revelations: Persona (the very first Persona game).

I honestly can't really pick out a pin-point favorite out of the bunch, because goddamn, man. Some of these are the definition of "banger". What DOES make me a bit suspicious and kinda shocked is how there is no Life Will Change, which I thought would've been a no-brainer. Then out of nowhere I see Rivers in the Desert, which I thought that Sakurai said that "doesn't fit in Smash", so I don't know anymore.

If you're basing your choice on the music portion alone, no ****ing doubt you are getting your money's worth and the Smash Ultimate OST soundtrack has only gotten better because of this.

Worth, as a value
For $5.99? It is abso-****ing-lutely worth the price. With the characters, music and what you're getting, this is leagues above Bayonetta, Ryu and Cloud's packs. This feels like an event, and honestly, I don't know how they're going to lead with Joker and this pack.

For $24.99 with the Fighters Pass, giving you then the next 4 packs? I'd say it's a VERY great start to this DLC season, but I can totally understand how some people would like to go for the individual packs. If you're reserved, then I'd say the first option is for you. If not? Go all in on the pass. Besides, it'll make it feel like a HUGE free update!

Oh, and the spirits are great too! **** the Caroline & Justine spirit battle, though, and Ann being above the rest spirit rank-wise just shows who's best girl. :denzel:

D

Deleted member

y'all clint boutta get an omnitrix, finally the ben 10 crossover that we've always deserved
d5c1489.jpg

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yo @NonSpecificGod is there some way I can share the PayPal me link here or do I need to relegate it to my sig?

I’ll be honest y’all, I am in a position where I need a lot of help.

(Also, interviewer isn’t free yet so I’m on standby)
I don't think there's anything in the ToS explicitly stating you can't do that. Lemme check.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yo @NonSpecificGod is there some way I can share the PayPal me link here or do I need to relegate it to my sig?

I’ll be honest y’all, I am in a position where I need a lot of help.

(Also, interviewer isn’t free yet so I’m on standby)
Okay, update:

Considering it's an outside website and a goods/service at that, I'd be safe and put it in your sig and as a status update on your profile, rather than as a thread post proper. Just to be safe. I'd imagine there's some sort of precedent where we don't want people posting their patreons and the like for less severe situations.

D

Deleted member

Damn.

Been seeing PapaGenos getting meme'd on my timeline because of the whole Chrono Trigger thing. Press F in the chat, y'all.

Also, Chrono Trigger being Japan's #1 game out of the Heisei Era, which pretty much has been all the time games have been out, really is a testament of how much of an impact that game had.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
all these singers for the persona concert then you've just got lotus juice lookin like a tekken villain

1556033194982.png

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
SMT fans, literally starving and on the verge of death: "atlus please give us an update on SMTV, anything"
atlus:

D

Deleted member

SMT fans, literally starving and on the verge of death: "atlus please give us an update on SMTV, anything"
atlus:

What's SMT? Atlus only makes Persona games there's no such thing as SMT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Square Enix confirms their E3 2019 presence, Monday (June 10th) at 6PM PT is their cue.

Really hope that they have an actual show this time.

aren't square enix E3 presentations historically always ****

like they basically show up out of shareholder obligations and let sony/nintendo announce their big games for them

D

Deleted member

aren't square enix E3 presentations historically always ****

like they basically show up out of shareholder obligations and let sony/nintendo announce their big games for them
Hey now, they had SOMETHING for last year! Another version of Kingdom Hearts III's first trailer really means a lot, y'know!!!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
lol the Official Layton twitter retweeted a Thanos tweet

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
when thanos has to spend 3 hint coins to get anywhere

1556034249136.png

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Square Enix confirms their E3 2019 presence, Monday (June 10th) at 6PM PT is their cue.

Just show me the Avengers project, FFVII Remake and Bravely Third and I’ll forgive you for all the past E3s, Square.

For the most part.

D

Deleted member

There's a cat RPG called "Cattails" on the Switch now and I kinda want to play it.

Anyone here know if it's good?

D

Deleted member

hQSp5z3.png

infinity war memeposting, my natural state

D

Deleted member

Super Mario RP-

Oh who am I kidding it's so unlikely I shouldn't even finish that sentence, They'll probably show off FF7 Remake and maybe some KH III DLC or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom