• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Actually yes. It doesn't make the most sense but there are quite a few things that makes people think it's possible.
If 2/5 characters in the roster slots being from one game, any game, is a decision that people think Nintendo would make as a "fulfilling DLC pass," then god help us because we are never getting a second season.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 211607

YouTubers are very well known for their lenghty videos that go on and on way more than they need to but, why is that? You see, every YouTuber wants to gets as many minutes of watching times as possible so they stretch out their videos as long as they can by just explaining things with more words than they need to. This may get repetitive, and it does, but trust me when I say this is perfectly acceptable to do. But how do they do it? Well, if you ever went to college, you probably already know how. You know that 20-page paper due to next week? You don't have time to do research so what are your options? Stretch out every knowledge you already know for a long period of time. This is incredibly effective and by the time your professor notices it, you've at least got a 6 already. Students have been found out to be able to stretch out their essays ten times the knowledge they actually do know¹ and, as such, it was only a matter of time until YouTubers started adapting the old techniques of bull****ting into their videos. Ultimately though, it's up to a YouTuber's judgement whether they actually want to make informative videos or play into Youtube's algorithms and get that sweet sweet revenue. But regardless, we'll all miss the days of 10-minute videos.

¹Z., Shishœ. My ***. 2019, pp.3-56
Only way to stretch this out more is by being that Green Scorpion dude who insists on talking about the definition of words all the time

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
View attachment 211607

YouTubers are very well known for their lenghty videos that go on and on way more than they need to but, why is that? You see, every YouTuber wants to gets as many minutes of watching times as possible so they stretch out their videos as long as they can by just explaining things with more words than they need to. This may get repetitive, and it does, but trust me when I say this is perfectly acceptable to do. But how do they do it? Well, if you ever went to college, you probably already know how. You know that 20-page paper due to next week? You don't have time to do research so what are your options? Stretch out every knowledge you already know for a long period of time. This is incredibly effective and by the time your professor notices it, you've at least got a 6 already. Students have been found out to be able to stretch out their essays ten times the knowledge they actually do know¹ and, as such, it was only a matter of time until YouTubers started adapting the old techniques of bull****ting into their videos. Ultimately though, it's up to a YouTuber's judgement whether they actually want to make informative videos or play into Youtube's algorithms and get that sweet sweet revenue. But regardless, we'll all miss the days of 10-minute videos.

¹Z., Shishœ. My ***. 2019, pp.3-56
Stretching out content has a real catch- many people log off before ever getting into the video, which is actually harmful in the way youtube analytics work. You want people to watch for more minutes, but if they tune out, its a poorer reflection, and tallied only as a click (not even a view), though this does have its own positivity.

That said, Youtube does frequently change its analytics.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If 2/5 characters in the roster slots being from one game, any game, is a decision that people think Nintendo would make as a "fulfilling DLC pass," then god help us because we are never getting a second season.
she wouldn't be one of the big five; she'd either be a bonus addition given retroactively for free for joker owners, or sold separately for a cheaper price and sorted alongside piranha plant in the 'individual DLC' section of the website

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You wanna hear a cool thing?

I played this song with the original lead guitarist :yoshi:
Now I want to hear this story.

I'm pretty sure people think she'll be unrelated to pass, like :ultpiranha:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
she wouldn't be one of the big five; she'd either be a bonus addition given retroactively for free for joker owners, or sold separately for a cheaper price and sorted alongside piranha plant in the 'additional DLC' section of the website
Just fyi, My first comment specifically stated "one of the DLC packages." The response I got was, to paraphrase "yes, possibly."

D

Deleted member

Only way to stretch this out more is by being that Green Scorpion dude who insists on talking about the definition of words all the time
What does "Are" mean? It's actually an old metric unit of measure, which is equal to 100 square meters but in this context, it is the second person singular present and first, second, third person plural present of be.
But what is bee, you may ask? Well, according to all know laws of aviation...

D

Deleted member

As far as non-playable characters go, Morgana was treated like ****ing ROYALTY.
  • Part of all of Joker's Taunts
  • Part of Joker's FS 50% of the time
  • Part of Joker's Victory Screens
  • Has an Ace-Class spirit and is also part of a Legend-Class spirit
  • He got a Mii hat
  • AND HE'S ON THE GOD DAMN BANNER!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Just fyi, My first comment specifically stated "one of the DLC packages." The response I got was, to paraphrase "yes, possibly."
eh, semantics

the point is, if she's in then no-one thinks she'll be anything more comprehensive than an echo

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Now I want to hear this story.
About two or three years ago, the non-profit I'm part of managed to get Craig Chaquico, the lead guitarist of Jefferson Starship at that time who now does solo jazz work. I have to wonder how much blood sacrifices had to have taken place for that to happen. Anyways, we ended up playing several songs we play and Jane, which I ended up being the lead singer despite being murder on my voice. He was remarkably fun to work with and had good chemistry with us :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

About two or three years ago, the non-profit I'm part of managed to get Craig Chaquico, the lead guitarist of Jefferson Starship at that time who now does solo jazz work. I have to wonder how much blood sacrifices had to have taken place for that to happen. Anyways, we ended up playing several songs we play and Jane, which I ended up being the lead singer despite being murder on my voice. He was remarkably fun to work with and had good chemistry with us :yoshi:
Jesus. Do you have any recordings of the performance?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
eh, semantics

the point is, if she's in then no-one thinks she'll be anything more comprehensive than an echo
No Im just saying, I used that wording because I was avoiding the idea of an echo.
I'm a big fan of echoes, I just think they would be free.
I also am a big proponent of the idea that if we get more fighter passes, we have a free character in each.
Dixie. Meowth. Paper Mario. Are my picks (not that my picks matter).

D

Deleted member

There was a ton of recording going on, but I don't even know where to find it. I wouldn't want to show it off anyways because I murdered that song with my voice... :yoshi:
:c
I’ll hear it one day. Mark my words.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The Jane love is so funny. It's a love of pre-love before you even know the character or person.

It kinda reminds me of the RuPaul's Drag Race fandom about season 11 that's airing right now.

Pre-season? Silky Nutmeg Ganache was the second coming of Jesus Christ. A funky fun big girl with talent that everyone wanted to win from the moment she opened her mouth in Meet the Queens.

We're now at Episode 9 of the season. In the top 8 and she stands a real chance of winning. The problem? She's now the most divisive queen of the cast in the fandom and getting a villain edit on the show.

So basically moral of the story? Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The Jane love is so funny. It's a love of pre-love before you even know the character or person.

It kinda reminds me of the RuPaul's Drag Race fandom about season 11 that's airing right now.

Pre-season? Silky Nutmeg Ganache was the second coming of Jesus Christ. A funky fun big girl with talent that everyone wanted to win from the moment she opened her mouth in Meet the Queens.

We're now at Episode 9 of the season. In the top 8 and she stands a real chance of winning. The problem? She's now the most divisive queen of the cast in the fandom and getting a villain edit on the show.

Yaaaasss.
Anytime RuPaul is brought up here my day is slightly brighter.

D

Deleted member

Jane love is just maternal love. Jane gang is pregnant with her and their love is unconditional. Truly blessed, isn't it?
i'm gonna stop you right there with that example though

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't think I support 'Jane' as a new character...
I dont think its possible, but if Joker had an echo, I (knowing nothing of Persona or SMT) would want Jack Frost.
New character? Corrin and Bayonetta put a very sour taste in my mouth as to why 'new characters' should not be DLC for Smash Bros.

I'm open to change. But I have not forgiven Nintendo for lying about the fighter ballot.
Well... maybe... I mean the poll specifically said 'used for future games,' I just thought it was "ALSO future games."
I will forgive Bayonetta when we get Lara Croft.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think a lot of people don't realize JUST how much the Admins do around here so I'm gonna take a bit of time to let ya'll know why they're so important. Like, they're not just a step above the moderators. That's Super Moderators and Senators. They got a hell of a lot of responsibility.

Hopefully I'm not breaking any by-laws by saying this but I know each Administrator is made Administrator for their particular tool set. Obviously, @AlphaZealot owns the damned placed. Cyn Cyn and @Fox Is Openly Deceptive are Human resource focused. @Warchamp7 was the one who built Smashboards with Xenforo and is also in charge of maintaining it. Pretty sure @Moydow helps him out with that. @Scribe is our editor-in-chief, bless him. @Locuan is the head of the rankings division. And as far as I can tell @Xiivi, @Mic_128, @Zankoku, and @Hylian are the OG Admins that have stuck around for, like, ever. Basically, if any Admin has questions it's likely they go to one of them.

You can use me as a "Thank you, Administrators" button because, in all honesty, I feel like people tend to take them for granted. Cyn Cyn in particular.

Might as well pour one out for our two Super Mods: @IsmaR and, I believe, @Teran. And our two senators: @Ishiey and @Shaya. They're worthy of praise as well.
Oh no I have great respect for them they're what keeps this site alive without them this would become just another 4chan or not even up in the first place.

I appreciate all of them and I think they do an amazing job so without them we wouldn't be where we are today.

In terms of taking admins for granted I think Cyn Cyn is an amazing admin and does their job absolutely amazingly to the point that they're my favorite Admin, They're absolutely fantastic.

Even in terms of personality I find Cyn to be great and her whole shtick of "The queen of evil" is super interesting/entertaining, In both Admin/work wise and themselves as a human Cyndane is great.

All the mods are absolutely fantastic and I have a great deal of respect for them.
Thank you. It really means a lot seeing you guys give us appreciation. We might not always agree on policy or approach things the same way, but we all share one thing: a love for this site and the users.

On a personal level, the only reason I ever even got on staff was so I could help users with anything they might need. I’ve been lucky enough to be able to do that. Doing things as simple as fulfilling prank requests, changing a birthdate, helping a user edit a formatting problematic post, etc.....as odd as it seems, these things bring me great happiness because I know it helps you guys have a positive experience on the site.

Really, though, I should thank all of you guys. You are the ones that make this place what it is. You guys generate the atmosphere that make this place enjoyable. You make my job a pleasure. As corny as it probably sounds, you are Smashboards as far as I’m concerned. So don’t thank me; I should be thanking you for keeping this place alive and making it what it is.

Thank you.

Going back to sleep.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nice to see Bourgy come through for her.

Gonzarez1938 has a good piece, too.

View attachment 211594

Yeah, it's almost like people read too much into every bloody little thing he does.
Thicc Daisy
I’ve been avoiding spoilers all week, and tomorrow, I’ll finally be able to see Endgame. Hell yes.
You did whatever it took to survive
As far as non-playable characters go, Morgana was treated like ****ing ROYALTY.
  • Part of all of Joker's Taunts
  • Part of Joker's FS 50% of the time
  • Part of Joker's Victory Screens
  • Has an Ace-Class spirit and is also part of a Legend-Class spirit
  • He got a Mii hat
  • AND HE'S ON THE GOD DAMN BANNER!
Lookin’ good Joker

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

looks like Pixiv cares very little for this girl also. She has a wopping amount of 4 pictures and thats it

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
*Chair theory flashbacks*

We really never learn do we....?
smash community: "well clearly the chairs in the background reference the colours of the majora's mask fairies, and the cushions reference skull kid, and the rathalos picture references golden sun, and they made fake box art to obscure the fact that we're getting 6 more newcomers, and-"
sakurai: "yea so i put persona 5 in the game cause i liked it a lot"

D

Deleted member

Hey um has there ever been a bad song in a Persona game because all of the ones in Smash are ****ing amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom