• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'd be cool with that too. Curious as to why everyone is so certain on the Tales of Series though. I'm aware it's big but what exactly does it bring to the table that hasn't already? Genuine question, not being an ***.

You got me on Resident Evil though, can't criticize that.
Lloyd Irving could have a fun dual-wielding moveset. Velvet Crowe could do something as well.

It's also just a large series in Japan with notable popularity in the West. Certainly fits the criteria of "series created in Japan that are popular worldwide" that Sakurai mentions in the Cloud Interview.

D

Deleted member

Time to ask y'all for some advice.

What's a gal to do when she commissioned an artist, who charges based on how long you want him to work, for just 2 hours of worktime, and now, almost two months later, he's still no closer to even starting the piece she asked for?

Keep in mind, this particular artist livestreams himself doing art basically 24/7.
If you can I would simply ask for a refund and get your commissioned artwork somewhere else or get your money back then ask for them to do it again.

I assume you can't just ask them to do it cause 1) they might make you pay more for it since they started it a long time ago and they charged based off of how long you want them to work for so I suggest doing that and 2) They may have forgotten about it.

Though if you can do the latter and ask for them to do that then I suggest doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh ****, I just noticed you changed your avatar to Leon.

Lookin' fresh.
Real late reply but, yeah I as going to change my Avatar to Rain or Smoke in honor of the launch of Mortal Kombat 11 but I felt like staindgrey staindgrey had went full on MK love so I'll show the RE love until they change back to Jill. Leon is a fresh ass looking gentleman though I'll give you that one.
Aw, now I feel bad. I'm sorry for accidentally flaunting.

I'll definitely pick your mains since mine aren't in the game anyway.
Don't sweat it, bud. I'm just glad you picked up the game despite your mains being out. I'm gonna miss Mileena this time around but I guess there's always the possibility of future DLC. Apparently NetherRealm wants to support this game for far longer than they did their previous games. Mileena is bound to be in there at SOME point. Noob and Erron are a win for me despite losing Takeda and a few others. I can't wait to get my hands on it, but it'll just be a little bit longer wait.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
A Yoshi egg. Like have most of the egg in the background and have the spotted areas be where platforms are :yoshi:
That's actually a neat idea.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh yeah, I saw that there were some overall DLC predictions, so I'll make mine based off of a mix of what I want/think will happen:

-Joker (duh)
-Erdrick (I'm only predicting him b/c he's the single mostly likely Square candidate)
-KOS-MOS (Tales rep could also happen, but I'm putting KOS-MOS here b/c of personal bias while still being a reasonable choice)
-Pheonix Wright (Honestly, I don't care about a Capcom rep. Could be a RE rep, Morrigan, Monster Hunter etc.)
-Banjo? (This last one could be anyone, I'll say Banjo for now, but he's the one I'm least confident in out of the 5)

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Time to ask y'all for some advice.

What's a gal to do when she commissioned an artist, who charges based on how long you want him to work, for just 2 hours of worktime, and now, almost two months later, he's still no closer to even starting the piece she asked for?

Keep in mind, this particular artist livestreams himself doing art basically 24/7.
When artists charge for hourly rates like that, I tend to look elsewhere since you can never gauge how long they go at it, and if they're putting any effort in those hours at all. Unless they're reaaaaally trustworthy, don't bother. There's also the consideration that good art takes a long time to complete, but that just goes without saying. In your case though, I advise you give him a bit more time if need be, if he even fulfills those commissions, that is... I speak from experience because I've commissioned stuff in the past that have gotten put off for a while. Considering my hobbies and how long they often take to deliver (hint-hint scale figures), I'm used to these lengthy deliveries. Art is no different, though there's always the possibility that you may end up getting gypped. **** happens :/

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That'd be pretty interesting, actually.

Especially considering his thing with kids, and the fact that he has several child figures in his life now.
I was also thinking maybe Miles could take what he learned from the first movie and help her discover her own identity as a Spider-Hero.

But yeah maybe Peter B could use this as an opportunity to bond with her and prepare for when he and his own MJ have kids, I’d also like to see more of MJ in the sequel as well.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
its 2019 and all of these spider-men are being used

but still no superior spider-man smh

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Every character in speculation overshadows another character I want, dammit.
2B? Nah son, Erdrick.
Kos-Mos or Nightmare? Nope, Luh-Loyd.
Dante? Hahaha, it's Jill/Leon/Chris time.
Fulgore? Nuh-uh, the bear.

At least Ryu Hayabusa doesn't have a lot of Koei competition.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My DLC Predictions are as follows:
-Joker (Confirmed)
-Erdrick (Added cause of it's Legacy and to push it further into the Western Markets)
-Banjo (Added due to fan demand and Xbox-Nintendo's ever evolving friendship)
-RE Rep (Added due to it being super iconic and relevant franchise which has a ton of fans and is the quintessential Survival Horror franchise)
-"Out of nowhere" character (A Character that despite our speculation came out of nowhere like Piranha Plant did except it's likely not some generic enemy)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If you really don't think Namco is getting another rep you're solely mistaken.
You seem very sure of yourself there, mate. I dunno. I'm not completely sold on Namco getting another character. Not because it can't happen I just think it won't. Curious to see you so sure.

I know they help with the game but I don't necessarily think it means they absolutely HAVE to get another character.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My dlc predictions?

For the remaining four:

Chrono, I know bold but I feel like the square rep is being way more hidden. Square hates leaks and on top of stuff from the past I’ve stated, I can’t see anyone being able to mass leak their character. No one saw cloud coming except for one guy, so I really don’t think everyone knows the square rep this time. I think dq will just be bait. Who knows though. I like bold predictions.

Banjo: pretty obvious reasons. Microsoft feels like a pretty likely rep choice right now and the other big contenders seem to be out. So I think the bear is coming. Maybe Steve or chief later if we get future dlc.

Leon: with guns on the table, no horro franchise rep, this being the biggest un-repped capcom franchise, this feels pretty likely. It be a big seller and grab and the spot could also go to other characters but I think this comes down to Leon because he’s pretty much the mascot. Jill is a pretty likely secondary choice though.

Lastly, maybe a Namco rep? They have 3 big characters to choose from
But I don’t know how likely they will be. Heihachi was turned down last game in favor of ryu, Kos-mos still feels just out of reach imo. And llyold could also happen, but again I don’t know if I see them prioritize any of these off of another potential character not from Namco.

If they can gloss over Namco for capcom maybe the same will happen again, but with another company.

Alternatively I could see crash be a big final grand reveal. I don’t know how likely he is though

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You seem very sure of yourself there, mate. I dunno. I'm not completely sold on Namco getting another character. Not because it can't happen I just think it won't. Curious to see you so sure.

I know they help with the game but I don't necessarily think it means they absolutely HAVE to get another character.
At this point, nobody can really be sure of anything except maybe Erdrick.

As far as big game devs go, Namco's a relatively safe bet, (especially if you believe in Mii Thiiry).

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Phoenix Wright is coming, I'm sure of it. I can feel it in my bones.

"But Hinata," I hear you cry. "How can you be sure about something like that?"

Well, my friends, it's quite simple...

ba13dju359q21.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Lastly, maybe a Namco rep? They have 3 big characters to choose from
But I don’t know how likely they will be. Heihachi was turned down last game in favor of ryu, Kos-mos still feels just out of reach imo. And llyold could also happen, but again I don’t know if I see them prioritize any of these off of another potential character not from Namco.

"aM I A JokE To YoU?"

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't know enough about Namco to hope for a rep from them. So I'll just smile and nod along with everyone else's suggestions.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't know enough about Namco to hope for a rep from them. So I'll just smile and nod along with everyone else's suggestions.
I know KOS-MOS is a robot girl and that's more than enough reason to support her for me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Noipoi Noipoi needs to be educated in the ways of knowing every single incarnation of the Web Head (from Spider-Man of the 616 universe all the way to Aunt May as Spidey)

D

Deleted member

I don't really want any Namco rep but I guess I would be fine with Heihachi I like his personality from what I've seen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

View attachment 211552
Phoenix is just as good in my book.

The music would be sick as would his trailer.

Imagine if at E3 we think it’s ocer when all of a sudden:

“OBJECTION!”

And it’s actually a AA7 reveal. But then when we think it’s over Phoenix goes:

“I have an extra important case today! I’m going need the support of everyone for this one! “

*cuts to a courtroom, Phoenix is outside. All of a sudden loud fighting is heard from outside. Phoenix Wright rushes in and goes:

“OBJECTION!”

“Am I late to this case? The fightings already begun! “

*all of a sudden camera pans, Mario has mega man by the throat with a grab. They turn and look.

Phoenix: “I guess it’s time to get to work”

Maya: “Don’t forget about me Nick! I’m here for support!”

“We’ll be cheering you on from the stands!”

*cue shot of a bunch of AA charcters, then gameplay.

The courthouse gimmick has cases play out from previous games however, without Phoenix present. In fact some of them get to be scenes that would flash be featuring someone else as Phoenix. Sort of like the magicant stage.

Every time objection is uttered the stage background changes and pursuit can kick in in the middle of a battle.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why have the King of the Edgelords when you can throw in your support for the King of the Cringelords?

Voldo for Smashhhhhhrrrrrrggghhh!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

"aM I A JokE To YoU?"
I forgot Namco made souls calibur lol. But I can see them maybe choose nightmare. Honestly he makes the most sense imo for a second Namco rep when it comes to who from them
Would get in first.

I would have given this to taken but it was kind of passed over the last game. I would then say maybe tales of would get in next, but I really feel they would go for SC first.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Why have the King of the Edgelords when you can throw in your support for the King of the Cringelords?

Voldo for Smashhhhhhrrrrrrggghhh!
I would actually like that thing as far away from my video game as possible, thank you.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I know KOS-MOS is a robot girl and that's more than enough reason to support her for me.
GEE, I WONDER WHY...
persona q aigis.jpg

Phoenix is just as good in my book.

The music would be sick as would his trailer.

Imagine if at E3 we think it’s ocer when all of a sudden:

“OBJECTION!”

And it’s actually a AA7 reveal. But then when we think it’s over Phoenix goes:

“I have an extra important case today! I’m going need the support of everyone for this one! “

*cuts to a courtroom, Phoenix is outside. All of a sudden loud fighting is heard from outside. Phoenix Wright rushes in and goes:

“OBJECTION!”

“Am I late to this case? The fightings already begun! “

*all of a sudden camera pans, Mario has mega man by the throat with a grab. They turn and look.

Phoenix: “I guess it’s time to get to work”

Maya: “Don’t forget about me Nick! I’m here for support!”

“We’ll be cheering you on from the stands!”

*cue shot of a bunch of AA charcters, then gameplay.

The courthouse gimmick has cases play out from previous games however, without Phoenix present. In fact some of them get to be scenes that would flash be featuring someone else as Phoenix. Sort of like the magicant stage.

Every time objection is uttered the stage background changes and pursuit can kick in in the middle of a battle.
I'm hoping he comes with options for both his classic suit and his 3DS suit.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm hoping he comes with options for both his classic suit and his 3DS suit.
As suave as his 3DS suit looks, I would have to go with the classic look if given the choice. You just can't beat it.

Last edited:

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern

View attachment 211552
While I have my preferred Capcom pick, and Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright’s a favourite character so I really wouldn’t complain.

same goes for RE and Okami and even Viewtiful Joe. Nintendo vs Capcom when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom