• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
could you elaborate? every single one of them (besides like soul) has had some kinda major impact on the mcu, culminating in grape daddy getting all of them and using them to cure his ocd

i don't see how they were a waste at all
They've been built-up for nearly an entire goddamn decade, so having all of them together is supposed to be a "oh god oh ****" moment but if you undo that, it makes them feel overhyped and by breaking them in the movie that does that, it just makes them feel less significant. It's like Tony destroying all the suits at the end of Iron Man 3 only to still have more goddamn suits, loses all impact around the scene. Imagine if your typical shonen anime keeps building up a villain as a massive threat and when he finally appears, he's taken down in a single fight scene.
There's an appeal to pure evil that doesn't need to be humanized when done right.

That's why Kid Buu is my favorite Buu. There's no underlying motivation; no humanization. He's simply a creature of terror, like an animal laughing maniacally when he blows **** up. There's no reasoning with it, no good ending possible. You just ****ing have to kill it.

It's a shame what happened to the Buu saga but why the **** did they feel it was necessary for goddamn Ultron?

ALSO WHY THE **** DID THEY ALLOW THE FORCED ASS ROMANCE OF BANNER AND WIDOW?

D

Deleted member

so tl;dr seems to be basically "watch all of them, but if you can't then just Infinity War plus Civil War/one or two others is enough"? I guess that's about what I expected... It'll be a few weeks before I have a chance to watch Endgame anyway, so maybe I'll have time to catch up before then.

Main reason I asked is because I hadn't watched any superhero films in a long time, so I was considering trying them out again. Went to see Captain Marvel recently and had a good enough time with it, so I figured I could keep going from there and see how they go.
For what it's worht the only Marvel movie I've watched was Infinity War and I understood it fine, you really only need a basic understanding of all the heroes to get the movie.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ultimate Social: The Games
Name Selection #1

Now that the boards are back to working somewhat decently I went ahead and picked a name.

99B98683-6BBB-4690-8FC3-5C8C67C84EEF.jpeg

Congrats, @Onereasonanddone !

I will post the current scenario a bit later.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm not, I'm just expecting that they'll probably have a passing of the torch at least 10 years from now. Besides, there's plenty of villains in the rogues gallery to focus on (even putting aside Vulture's inevitable return), it'll keep 'em busy for a while,
I get that. I think it would make sense to transition to Miles later. But some people were saying that they literally should have just skipped Peter entirely because he’s “tired” and Miles is “so much cooler”.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
For what it's worht the only Marvel movie I've watched was Infinity War and I understood it fine, you really only need a basic understanding of all the heroes to get the movie.
I barely even have any understanding of them beyond "they exist" in most cases, so... yeah. And in some cases I didn't even know they existed until recently. Like, Thanos to me is just "big purple guy who snaps half the universe away and is not going to die by having some other guy I've never heard of go up his arse and explode him", other than that I don't know who he is or what he does. So I've probably got a lot of catching up to do in general.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I get that. I think it would make sense to transition to Miles later. But some people were saying that they literally should have just skipped Peter entirely because he’s “tired” and Miles is “so much cooler”.
To be fair, having 3 separate movie universes with Peter Parker in the span of 14 years can be tiring, it's like how some people are getting tired of seeing Batman everywhere all the time. MCU Spiderman is really damn good though and they DID hint at Miles so that's good

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can understand why someone may like a character like this type, but it personally isn't my type of thing. If it's something like Bowser, ya know, a simple villain, I can understand him not having a true motive, yet for lore heavy series like Dragonball, having a character kill just for the sake of it just comes off as lazy writing to me. Nothing against the character, of course. If you can deliver it well enough I certainly believe it can make up for it. I haven't watched Dragonball, so I can't really say if they handle it well, though.
Basically, TLDR; the only thing that restrained Buu's murderkill urges is when enough guys were absorbed by him ages ago. Kid Buu is what you get when all the limiters are removed, given that the form that precedes him has more of a personality (completely sadistic, but still with his own quirks).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, having 3 separate movie universes with Peter Parker in the span of 14 years can be tiring, it's like how some people are getting tired of seeing Batman everywhere all the time. MCU Spiderman is really damn good though and they DID hint at Miles so that's good
I just don’t get it. And I don’t think I can get it.

D

Deleted member

I barely even have any understanding of them beyond "they exist" in most cases, so... yeah. And in some cases I didn't even know they existed until recently. Like, Thanos to me is just "big purple guy who snaps half the universe away and is not going to die by having some other guy I've never heard of go up his arse and explode him", other than that I don't know who he is or what he does. So I've probably got a lot of catching up to do in general.
Even then, the movie does a good job at explaining everything you need to know. Only thing that might be confusing is the first 5 minutes but you can pretty much figure out the context.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I’m still waiting for them to make a Big Comfy Couch cinematic universe.

Now with tidies that actually take 10 seconds!

Edit: Why did Autocorrect think “big” was “bog”?

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I can understand why someone may like a character like this type, but it personally isn't my type of thing. If it's something like Bowser, ya know, a simple villain, I can understand him not having a true motive, yet for lore heavy series like Dragonball, having a character kill just for the sake of it just comes off as lazy writing to me. Nothing against the character, of course. If you can deliver it well enough I certainly believe it can make up for it. I haven't watched Dragonball, so I can't really say if they handle it well, though.
Well, for context, Kid Buu is just the true Buu. The original Majin Buu separates from his evil half, and the evil half then fights and consumes the "good" Buu, thus re-merging their power but with evil intentions. This "Super Buu" then starts to gain intelligence the more he consumes until he's an intelligent being with the typical "big bad guy" persona like Cell, fighting dirty, wanting to destroy the world, etc.

When they're able to remove the people he's absorbed, however, Super Buu loses all of that "humanity" he'd gained-- the part of him that was able to reason and talk and everything-- and devolves into "Kid Buu", who then proceeds to blow up the Earth because **** it, why not? And he laughs hysterically as he does it.

He never talks. He just acts. When you punch him, he either finds it hilarious and taunts you or it actually hurts him and he goes berserk. He's a fantastic final climactic battle because of this. I liked him more than Cell 2.0 Super Buu easily because of the stakes that were set up. Can he work as a long-term villain? Not really. That's why they brought back Frieza and not him. But he was perfect for the final big bad of DBZ because he was less of a character to empathize with and more a final, ultimate destructive force with no way to win but complete and total obliteration.

D

Deleted member

They've been built-up for nearly an entire goddamn decade, so having all of them together is supposed to be a "oh god oh ****" moment but if you undo that, it makes them feel overhyped and by breaking them in the movie that does that, it just makes them feel less significant. It's like Tony destroying all the suits at the end of Iron Man 3 only to still have more goddamn suits, loses all impact around the scene. Imagine if your typical shonen anime keeps building up a villain as a massive threat and when he finally appears, he's taken down in a single fight scene.
i mean

it kinda was a big oh god oh **** moment i mean thanos literally won the avengers got their asses wiped and then handed to them on a silver platter before being dusted

they will end up reversing the snap, no question about it

but i really doubt it's gonna be just a universal control-z like you're making it out to be

the movie is three hours long for gods sake

we're totally gonna have a lot of crazy **** happen in it, some that will probably leave a lasting impact on the mcu

acting as if the movie doesn't mean anything before any of us have even watched it feels just a bit wack
ALSO WHY THE **** DID THEY ALLOW THE FORCED *** ROMANCE OF BANNER AND WIDOW?
this bs still bugs me + pietro's death after like 2 minutes of doing nothing what the hell whedon
mcu watcher's guide: watch black panther and maybe thor ragnarok. do not watch infinity war or endgame
d0c7341.jpg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just don’t get it. And I don’t think I can get it.
Imagine you're watching a TV show and before they can give it a nice ending that wraps around everything, they reboot it, constantly denying you of a good ending and going "Ignore the last thing you saw, THIS is what's happening now". To be fair Amazing Spiderman came out quite a bit after Spiderman 3 but the gap between Amazing 2 and Civil War was too short for most audiences. It's like how early DBZ in America would only cover the Saiyan saga and constantly reset before Funimation advanced the plot by dubbing further in the series

KMDP

Smash Legend
Basically, TLDR; the only thing that restrained Buu's murderkill urges is when enough guys were absorbed by him ages ago. Kid Buu is what you get when all the limiters are removed, given that the form that precedes him has more of a personality (completely sadistic, but still with his own quirks).
The pure Majin Buu, otherwise known as "Kid Buu" in the West, is Majin Buu in his most basic form.

Strictly speaking, he is the weakest of all the forms, but he is the most dangerous.

People often mistake the two, but threat level =/= power level, Kid Buu is the most dangerous because he can't be reasoned with, it's either outpower him or die at his hands.

See how easily Goku swayed Fat Buu, or how long Piccolo delayed Super Buu from killing the rest of the cast. Fat Buu and Super Buu were way stronger than Kid Buu, but the fact that they could think on a deeper level meant that you could talk to them.

Actually, I'd like to know where Majin Buu came from, but at the same time the mystery is kind of the appeal.

D

Deleted member

Don't make me, A Gamer say the N-Word.

N-Loki will never come back despite what Disney+ says it's probably a Prequel series.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ultron was perfectly fine considering he's made by MCU Tony Stark and not comics Hank Pym.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The pure Majin Buu, otherwise known as "Kid Buu" in the West, is Majin Buu in his most basic form.

Strictly speaking, he is the weakest of all the forms, but he is the most dangerous.

People often mistake the two, but threat level =/= power level, Kid Buu is the most dangerous because he can't be reasoned with, it's either outpower him or die at his hands.

See how easily Goku swayed Fat Buu, or how long Piccolo delayed Super Buu from killing the rest of the cast. Fat Buu and Super Buu were way stronger than Kid Buu, but the fact that they could think on a deeper level meant that you could talk to them.

Actually, I'd like to know where Majin Buu came from, but at the same time the mystery is kind of the appeal.
We just know that Bibidi was his former master/controller, that's the extent of it.

But yeah, it's appealing when some mysteries of a universe aren't explained. Leaves room for the imagination and such.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This is way too accurate.

Well, for context, Kid Buu is just the true Buu. The original Majin Buu separates from his evil half, and the evil half then fights and consumes the "good" Buu, thus re-merging their power but with evil intentions. This "Super Buu" then starts to gain intelligence the more he consumes until he's an intelligent being with the typical "big bad guy" persona like Cell, fighting dirty, wanting to destroy the world, etc.

When they're able to remove the people he's absorbed, however, Super Buu loses all of that "humanity" he'd gained-- the part of him that was able to reason and talk and everything-- and devolves into "Kid Buu", who then proceeds to blow up the Earth because **** it, why not? And he laughs hysterically as he does it.

He never talks. He just acts. When you punch him, he either finds it hilarious and taunts you or it actually hurts him and he goes berserk. He's a fantastic final climactic battle because of this. I liked him more than Cell 2.0 Super Buu easily because of the stakes that were set up. Can he work as a long-term villain? Not really. That's why they brought back Frieza and not him. But he was perfect for the final big bad of DBZ because he was less of a character to empathize with and more a final, ultimate destructive force with no way to win but complete and total obliteration.
This is a perfect example of delivering it well.
If your spirit animal dies you die in real life
How did this get so many likes?

D

Deleted member

I thought he was created by Babidi's father, Bibidi. Is it actually not explained in the series?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Imagine you're watching a TV show and before they can give it a nice ending that wraps around everything, they reboot it, constantly denying you of a good ending and going "Ignore the last thing you saw, THIS is what's happening now". To be fair Amazing Spiderman came out quite a bit after Spiderman 3 but the gap between Amazing 2 and Civil War was too short for most audiences. It's like how early DBZ in America would only cover the Saiyan saga and constantly reset before Funimation advanced the plot by dubbing further in the series
It was worse when DBZ only covered up to the Captain Ginyu portion of the Namek Arc.

At least the Saiyan Arc had an actual ending, even if it was an ending that lead directly into the next story.

Iridium

Smash Hero

He is just mutant bubblegum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom