• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
D

Deleted member

How's this? Did this one a bit quick, not sure if it came out well or not.
That's actually super cool. I get to be in on the Jane memes and represent my most wanted.

I'm conflicted about which avatar to use, now.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I would prefer more nintendo charcters too, but that doesn't appear to be common consensus anymore. I ran a poll over on Gamefaqs on what type the characters they want are. The grand majority have largely 3rd party wants. 3rd Party DLC just sells better.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77656740
That's cause Nintendo's got all their bases covered. At this point it's just weird obscure franchises and side characters. At least Banjo has more of a following than [redacted]. Most third party characters are just gonna score better due to higher notoriety.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I see people suggest Nintendo v Capcom but why would they do that when there's Smash. I know the gameplay is different, but Capcom could just give the ok for their main mascots in Smash and voila but with other guests included as well.

Not to mention the Nintendo cast probably won't be as good as people speculate with the Big N calling the shots.
Because you're not shoving 20 Capcom characters into Smash without raising some eyebrows and killing Sakurai from overwork.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
That's actually super cool. I get to be in on the Jane memes and represent my most wanted.

Aww thank you thank you! I wasn't sure how it came out, I kind of pieced different images together and edited from there (like I got a transparent bow, I cut out an Octoling hair piece from an entirely different image, etc.)

Use the one you have right now! It's pretty cool already, and if Jane really does get announced then you could switch over to mine if you'd like! But just hearing that you liked it is enough for me, so thanks! :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Because Capcom shouldn't have favoritism among the third party companies.

Plus, if it's half, no, a quarter as good as the lineup in Ultimate (which Nintendo had to approve) then I think it would be fine.
Capcom has a lot of popular franchises and characters with history in Nintendo consoles, I don't think that Sakurai is going to refrain from picking another Capcom rep only due to having tons of characters.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
**** anything Vs. Capcom, just give me a central Capcom All Stars fighting game and I'd be happy.

I'm not very much interested in seeing Kirby fighting with Nemesis and trying to balance those heights out.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ya like
flexing your breaking point so hard that your coping methods at this point are ignoring responsibility and trying to keep your mind occupied by midnightposting a little too early

D

Deleted member

Aww thank you thank you! I wasn't sure how it came out, I kind of pieced different images together and edited from there (like I got a transparent bow, I cut out an Octoling hair piece from an entirely different image, etc.)

Use the one you have right now! It's pretty cool already, and if Jane really does get announced then you could switch over to mine if you'd like! But just hearing that you liked it is enough for me, so thanks! :laugh:
Yeah it's super cool, I appreciate you taking the time to make it! :)

I'll test both out for a little bit. I do like the one I was using because of how well it went with the pranked username, but odds are I'll still use this one as a signature if you don't mind.

D

Deleted member

I mean, this is a ponytail alongside a red colour scheme.

Also I’d be cool with more Capcom characters, plenty can get in on their own merits disregarding the company.

D

Deleted member

That lewd picture was dumb. I made that months ago. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Because you're not shoving 20 Capcom characters into Smash without raising some eyebrows and killing Sakurai from overwork.
Obviously this wouldn't happen in the same game and be gradual additions as the series progressed lol

And come on, the only Capcom characters I see any good support for in Smash are Dante, a Resident Evil protagonist, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, and possibly Amaterasu. Everyone else is just a bonus that isn't really needed in a Capcom v Nintendo game to make it pop.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Yeah it's super cool, I appreciate you taking the time to make it! :)

I'll test both out for a little bit. I do like the one I was using because of how well it went with the pranked username, but odds are I'll still use this one as a signature if you don't mind.
Of course! It's yours to use and yours to keep! Thanks for liking it so much, it's really appreciated!!

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Im surprised there's that much art. So pokechu did that one. Who made the one you had before?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
It's going to be really ironic if Jane turns out to have the worst personality imaginable.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Know your meme made me laugh because of this image.

I wonder what the reviews would be like.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Obviously this wouldn't happen in the same game and be gradual additions as the series progressed lol

And come on, the only Capcom characters I see any good support for in Smash are Dante, a Resident Evil protagonist, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, and possibly Amaterasu. Everyone else is just a bonus that isn't really needed in a Capcom v Nintendo game to make it pop.
Yeah gradual additions over the course of a game that gets at max two Capcom 3rd party characters once every console generation.
Who knows maybe after 30 years we might have a quarter the cast of MvC1!

And just because you don't see support for a character here doesn't mean they don't have followings elsewhere

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom