• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

joker: up throw -> dragdown uair -> up tilt -> up b -> fair: 39%

wolf: fair -> fair -> f-tilt: 31%

that's how space furry works

D

Deleted member

At this point though, we know Jane isn't anything related to Joker.

@vaanrose himself pointed out it's not Joker, it's not Ann, and it's not Morgana, but it's also probably not dummy data either.

Why was Jane stored there? I have no idea, but that's how it is.
There's still the theory that Jane is an Echo Fighter that'll be released separately later. It would make sense to store her data with Joker then(more than storing a completely different character with Joker)

And despite my memeing, I genuinely think the codename Jane might mean that she's "nobody" so for her to obtain Arsene and/or fight similarly to Joker would be a plot point.

Shroob

Sup?
Ok but would the Smash team really be incompetent enough to leave data for an extra character in alt data of a separate character?
Yes, absolutely.

The same Smash team that name dropped Roy and Ryu 2 months before they came out.

The same Smash team that loaded in dummy Ike, Robin and ZSS models into the last 3 DLC characters.

The same Smash team that forgot to scrub Brave.

The same team makes a good product, but their clean up job is atrocious.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
At this point though, we know Jane isn't anything related to Joker.

@vaanrose himself pointed out it's not Joker, it's not Ann, and it's not Morgana, but it's also probably not dummy data either.

Why was Jane stored there? I have no idea, but that's how it is.
Except vaanrose's post said he believes Jane is not Joker in the same way Alph is not Olimar: They're two characters who have similar skillsets, and thus are alternates of each other.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
There's still the theory that Jane is an Echo Fighter that'll be released separately later. It would make sense to store her data with Joker then(more than storing a completely different character with Joker)

And despite my memeing, I genuinely think the codename Jane might mean that she's "nobody" so for her to obtain Arsene and/or fight similarly to Joker would be a plot point.
Possible, but said theory is very time-limited, since 'most people' are banking on it being announced in.....3~ days.

If there's no Jane for Smash at the big Persona event, I'm not even going to consider the prospect of her in Smash, to put it bluntly.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I'm telling y'all we're getting Erdrick, Banjo & Kazooie, Jill/Leon, and a Tales of character.

It's going to happen.
I religiously believe Erdrick, Phoenix Wright, Banjo and Kazooie, Sylux

Sylux is the only one here I want though
*Hides in Delano VII*

D

Deleted member

Yes, absolutely.

The same Smash team that name dropped Roy and Ryu 2 months before they came out.

The same Smash team that loaded in dummy Ike, Robin and ZSS models into the last 3 DLC characters.

IDK about this theory, Shroob. I feel it's reaching a bit, especially when the character itself is specifically referred to as "Jane" in the files to play off of "Jack". I don't really see the connection to Jill past the ponytail I guess, but that still doesn't explain the codename or being included with Joker's data.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Possible, but said theory is very time-limited, since 'most people' are banking on it being announced in.....3~ days.

If there's no Jane for Smash at the big Persona event, I'm not even going to consider the prospect of her in Smash, to put it bluntly.
even if jane is a feMC, i'd be very surprised to see her announced for smash so soon. i was willing to believe it if joker was releasing on the 25th, but at this point, i think she'd be saved for a point in time when atlus wants to step up marketing for the royal in a couple of months. unless atlus is going all in on immediate overseas launches, i find it very unlikely that she even has an english voice yet.

D

Deleted member

I'm telling y'all we're getting Erdrick, Banjo & Kazooie, Jill/Leon, and a Tales of character.

It's going to happen.
I mean it doesn't matter to me cause I'll be getting the characters anyways but I'm not feeling this line up chief, Objectively it's a mighty fine roster but I don't really like it all that much it doesn't have a character I'm dying to play nor who I really want.

So yeah it's fine for what it is, Though I would be interested in seeing how these characters play, Especially an RE Rep and Banjo-Kazooie

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I got a very hot take for DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , @Scoliosis Jones , and staindgrey staindgrey

I don't think Jane ever was Persona 5R girl.

I legit believe Jane is Jill Valentine.

I've come to this reasoning due to 3 key points.

1# Jane isn't Joker, she's not Ann, and she's not Morgana.

Simply put, I have no idea why Jane was stored with Joker, but as other, smarter people have said, the chance of her being dummy data is next to 0%, and she was completely intentional.

One thing I have to ask, and I say non-jokingly. Everyone says "Jane ponytail" but no one asks "Why ponytail?"

Maybe it's because of my lack of knowledge of how Ultimate's coding works internally, but to me, when it mentions that the 6th costume specifically has a ponytail, that almost seems like it's saying "The base model lacks this, we need to call this to add to the model."

Of course, I'm probably wrong, but I do find it weird that we only know that the 6th model has a ponytail, and none others are currently known, which... makes me think Jill. She doesn't have a ponytail in RE1 or RE3, but she does have one in RE5.

2# Mii Theory

I know, it's way too early to jump the gun on this, but it makes sense.

We're missing 3 company's Mii costumes, and Joker ONLY brought SEGA's with him. If Erdrick ONLY brings Square's, it's going to seem more and more likely.

3# Velvet

I'm not going to give the Velvet Crowe rumor much light, since I think it's fake, but it came before the Mii Theory did, it lines up with the Mii Theory, and one of the characters pinned for it is "RE character".

Just my two cents, really.

As staindgrey staindgrey said, RE3 is rumored to be having a remake slated for 2020, Jill really doesn't seem THAT out there, especially if you remove Jane Personawoman from the equation.

One of us... One of us...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yes, absolutely.

Ok but none of your examples are as horrendous as a characters being in the files of a completely different character

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Werent they specifically in the files of his 6th alt even?
Based on the way Smash costumes are indexed, the ponytail was actually in the files for his 7th alt, but the idea still stands, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom